Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,386,950 times

Advertisements

How can this be so?

Doesn't attracting female attention boil down to the following:

- Confidence. Like yourself and espouse your own strengths. If one is good at maths, build on it. If one is good at sports, build on it. If one is good at fixing cars, build on it. The key to confidence in dating is that a potential SO doesn't want to be burdened by low self-esteem. It would quickly fizzle out the relationship. Confidence is about thinking positively and believing you are worthwhile, irrespective of what anybody else says. This also doesn't mean not improve weaknesses, people should always improve in life and be more than what we are. It is about managing weaknesses and emphasising strengths.

- Dress nicely. This is linked to the first point, in a way. It shows confidence and that you give a damn about your appearance. Ironing shirts, shaving (or if one has a beard, keeping it manageable and trim), and wearing cologne (but not excessively) is an important part of prospective dating. Physical attraction is not just about physical looks, like hair style or facial features. A woman could be a total 10, nice boobs, nice hair, nice face, you name it. but if she was scruffily dressed or didn't even smell good, it would be a turn off, her hotness notwithstanding.

- Flirt. Flirt with all women you encounter. Even older ones, or ones you think are unattractive. By flirt, i don't mean sexually flirt or seduce. I mean by funny and make small talk. This works two-fold. It helps one become more comfortable with women and makes women more comfortable with you.

Picture this scenario. Man A stands in a line at the bank, has a cold expression and says nothing to anybody else. Man B smiles, makes small talk and is open and friendly with the woman standing next to him in line. Who would make the more lasting impression on the woman, or women in general, should Man A act like this all the time?

- Think positively. This again is linked to the first point. No woman wants to hear how crap one's life is. The solution to improving quality of life is problem-solving. If one has no money, then get a job, or do errands for friends/family/neighbours. If one has health problems, then see a doctor or a medical professional. If one has few friends, then be more open and join clubs/groups to meet people. Thinking positively is best for one's own mental wellbeing. Life is way too short to be unhappy.

- Joke around. Even if one isn't naturally funny, be friendly around women in general.

- Develop an interest/hobby. It would make one more interesting and make the woman see that you have depth and are passionate about something.

- Find out your type, and apply the above points to your type.

This is a lot of text, but no man, no matter how bad-looking or repulsive, should be without a date, if he is willing to help himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i do ok, but i respectfully disagree with your list.
low self esteem (low confidence)is a permanent condition, it trumps any card, and is like skunk juice to women,
a confident failure will have to fight the women off.
please note that a person could be a tremendous success, and have low self esteem.
women operate for the most part on pure instinct, just like playing a recording of a sperm whale to a giant squid, the reaction is automatic. they flee, the fact that there is no whale present does not matter.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,012,069 times
I say yes, it is silly, however there are guys out there (like how I was for awhile) super fearful that they won't have anyone (like how I was worrying about it too much a month ago until I came here). It makes them get super depressed and I'm certain that is a chick repellant. Even the town you live in plays a huge part.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,255,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
How can this be so?

Doesn't attracting female attention boil down to the following:

- Confidence. Like yourself and espouse your own strengths. If one is good at maths, build on it. If one is good at sports, build on it. If one is good at fixing cars, build on it. The key to confidence in dating is that a potential SO doesn't want to be burdened by low self-esteem. It would quickly fizzle out the relationship. Confidence is about thinking positively and believing you are worthwhile, irrespective of what anybody else says. This also doesn't mean not improve weaknesses, people should always improve in life and be more than what we are. It is about managing weaknesses and emphasising strengths.

- Dress nicely. This is linked to the first point, in a way. It shows confidence and that you give a damn about your appearance. Ironing shirts, shaving (or if one has a beard, keeping it manageable and trim), and wearing cologne (but not excessively) is an important part of prospective dating. Physical attraction is not just about physical looks, like hair style or facial features. A woman could be a total 10, nice boobs, nice hair, nice face, you name it. but if she was scruffily dressed or didn't even smell good, it would be a turn off, her hotness notwithstanding.

- Flirt. Flirt with all women you encounter. Even older ones, or ones you think are unattractive. By flirt, i don't mean sexually flirt or seduce. I mean by funny and make small talk. This works two-fold. It helps one become more comfortable with women and makes women more comfortable with you.

Picture this scenario. Man A stands in a line at the bank, has a cold expression and says nothing to anybody else. Man B smiles, makes small talk and is open and friendly with the woman standing next to him in line. Who would make the more lasting impression on the woman, or women in general, should Man A act like this all the time?

- Think positively. This again is linked to the first point. No woman wants to hear how crap one's life is. The solution to improving quality of life is problem-solving. If one has no money, then get a job, or do errands for friends/family/neighbours. If one has health problems, then see a doctor or a medical professional. If one has few friends, then be more open and join clubs/groups to meet people. Thinking positively is best for one's own mental wellbeing. Life is way too short to be unhappy.

- Joke around. Even if one isn't naturally funny, be friendly around women in general.

- Develop an interest/hobby. It would make one more interesting and make the woman see that you have depth and are passionate about something.

- Find out your type, and apply the above points to your type.

This is a lot of text, but no man, no matter how bad-looking or repulsive, should be without a date, if he is willing to help himself.
You got it! That is a great explanation of my life and the way I live it!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
You got it! That is a great explanation of my life and the way I live it!
thanks.

these are just some thoughts i had during the day.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
thanks.

these are just some thoughts i had during the day.
During the day, the only deep thought I have is what to eat for lunch

Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times
I wouldnt say never for anyone but there are some of us who the oppostie sex really isnt attracted to for the most part..

Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,038,096 times
Yes, it is hard to believe that anyone..Male or Female cannot get a date, be in a relationship..etc..

We all have our hangups/issues/challenges..what ever you call it..and we can choose to face them..or we can choose to let them control our lives..and keep us away from what we desire....everyone has the option to change the things which might not conductive to attracting another...

<sigh> But, if you really feel that you are destined to be dateless, in the real world, LionKing is taking orders for Roxxy..

Id rather have the real thing though

Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I wouldnt say never for anyone but there are some of us who the oppostie sex really isnt attracted to for the most part..
I'd agree with that. Some men will can't get a woman cos they are too unattractive. And when they are too unattractive they have very low confidence and low self-esteem. And that low confidence gets even lower when they get rejected once or twice - and it's an endless cycle like that.

I know it's socially unacceptable for a man to have low self-esteem, but unless he gets help and that cycle is broken he will continue having low confidence and absolute no self-assurance.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times
I had a female friend for years in college who at the age of 27 had never even had a first date. She just flat out scared the guys off. I don't know how else to explain it. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships