Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,677 times

Advertisements

So, my ex boyfriend and I are still friends, and I am still in love with him and don't know what to do about it

In our short relationship time wasn't really real. We moved extremely fast, which was a problem. Dating went to relationship in days, said I love you after two weeks, moved in after a month, and we broke up after six months. The love was real, but we broke up because we were fighting and arguing too much.
He was the man I never thought I wanted but ended up loving anyway. Was in the military, had an ex wife and a child, was a romantic, loved video games and had very differing views but we quickly learned that all these qualities in him complimented mine.
When we broke up I said I wanted a clean split but after a very upsetting event happened I called him for support and realized that his dependibility, responsibility, caring and other characteristics were true, and that I did not want to be without him.
Through out the friendship he has shown signs that he still has feeling for me, that he wants to be with me and other signs that just scream he is confused.
I have gotten to the point where I just want the friendship and to no longer love and long for him because I am so confused. I know I can't just stop loving him, but how do I get over someone that I do truly love without cutting him out of my life entirely?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 12:45 PM

489 posts, read 1,324,938 times
Sorry, but the best way to get over someone is to cut them out of your life. Maybe someday in the future you can be friends, but I think you need to distance yourself for awhile.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
Find another support system.

He was there for you because he still has feelings for you. It's cruel for you to take advantage of him and use him when you need him. It's not healthy for you either, you need to look elsewere. He will only be around for "support" until he finds another woman.

Time to move on, honey.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
NO Contact. No texting , emailing , snailmailing , pigeons , tug boats ...

It was too fast. It crashed and burned.

Next time slowwww it down ..

Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
You need a clean break from him. And you also need to go out and make some more friends. It's very emotionally unhealthy to be so dependent on one person. Even if the both of you were still a couple, I would want you to have other close friends to be able to turn to in a time of need. Don't put all of your support system into one basket!

Plus what's going to happen to you once he starts dating someone else? Or when he needs to be more of a father to his child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships