Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 PM

5 posts, read 9,858 times

Advertisements

<p></p>

Old 06-27-2010, 09:23 PM

5 posts, read 9,858 times
OK, Jessie, I get your point (kinda) but you gotta admitte that american woman have hell of high standards, like waaaaaaaaaaay too much for men. Now I know, in some ways going to another country for women might seam "feminist" but it's not. if you were a man you'd understand

Old 06-27-2010, 09:26 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyofthewest View Post
OK, Jessie, I get your point (kinda) but you gotta admitte that american woman have hell of high standards, like waaaaaaaaaaay too much for men. Now I know, in some ways going to another country for women might seam "feminist" but it's not. if you were a man you'd understand
How do you know what standards women in other countries have? What is your source of information? As someone who grew up in a country that is a major source of mail-order brides, I find really hilarious this idea that far-away countries are steeped in traditional American values of the 1950's.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
How do you know what standards women in other countries have? What is your source of information? As someone who grew up in a country that is a major source of mail-order brides, I find really hilarious this idea that far-away countries are steeped in traditional American values of the 1950's.
What? Beautiful 20-year-old Russian women aren't yearning to vacuum in frilly aprons? The hell you say.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:01 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
I've noticed that feminists and NA women hate seeing men go overseas. If that happens, they belittle or discourage them from going overseas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245
The solution on solving all this issue is simple. Men instead of dating north American women that make you so unhappy date foreign women.

The jerks have no problem in the dating pool. N.A. women love them and only look for other types when the bills start to pile up.

Of course, one man's (or parent's) jerk is another woman's dreamy guy - until she has to rely on him.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:09 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I've noticed that feminists and NA women hate seeing men go overseas. If that happens, they belittle or discourage them from going overseas.
Not at all. I think everyone should go overseas at some point, you know, to see the sights and to sample a different culture. Also, everyone should learn at least one foreign language and study at least one foreign culture in-depth, in order to gain perspective. It's not a good idea to remain cooped up in one's own little world. If you do, you might develop ideas about the "overseas" that are very amusing for those of us who are actually familiar with that land.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:39 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I find it endlessly amusing that some men continue to believe 'foreign' women are so submissive.
Who said anything about foreign women being submissive? I think I can speak for most men in saying we like femininity, which is something western women have lost a lot of over the years. On top of that foreign women are much more appreciative of men who can bring home the bacon, that provider aspect, which is something western women clearly take for granted these days. They're generally look better from their lack of processed and fast foods in their diets and being more physically active. Lastly, something western women also don't even probably think about anymore, is that western men are much softer, more caring, and just all around less brutal that what a lot of foreign women are used to.

Years ago I went to Romania for a military thing. The girls at the lounge in the hotel where we were staying balled their eyes out when they found out we were heading back and we found out that the manager/owner was pretty brutal to the girls that worked at the lounge we all hung out at. Basically slapped them around like he was their pimp or something to get them to working harder. When was the last time a manager roughed up a female employee as a daily part of their job in any Western nation? All together their level of just basic appreciation for who we were was astounding and is definitely a desirable thing in women. When it all comes right down to it it's a case of entitlement mentality vs being appreciated. FYI, 2 guys married girls they met on that trip and one had an LDR, although I don't know whatever happened to them. A few years later we had another thing over there and 2 more guys got married as a result.

Last edited by Nutz76; 06-27-2010 at 10:51 PM..

Old 06-27-2010, 10:48 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What? Beautiful 20-year-old Russian women aren't yearning to vacuum in frilly aprons? The hell you say.
That would be a great name for a band: The Frilly Aprons.

But anyway...

Old 06-27-2010, 10:51 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
isn't that the great irony?

they want the woman to not be independent, yet .... it's exactly what the woman is seeking! to get out of their home country & get some $$$.

(but if a western woman works & has an independent lifestyle, she's an evil feminist! )
Men like that want the women not to be independent--and then they'll complain that the women just married them for their money.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyofthewest View Post
a 2 wanting a 10 is not a high standard--- it is an unrealistic expectation.
its like the owner who puts a sign in the front yard. FSBO (for sale by owner) 2 bedrm 1 bath, 1st 9 million takes it.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-27-2010 at 11:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships