Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 06:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Well...you know, in my experience, ALL women are screamers. Not that it has ANYTHING at all to do with sex...

Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
As a man, I would NEVER go to management about "being sexually harassed". I would either ignore it, or speak directly to the offender. I wouldn't have management go talk to that person FOR me.

Seriously, I was like, "What did I say?" Our PA was broken, and normally this one young woman would call over the PA when it was lunchtime for us. Only employees in the store, no customers. Anyway, the day the PA was broken, she shouted it so that everyone could hear, and I said, "I knew you were a screamer." Just a joke. Most guys would have laughed it off. She took offense, and I nearly lost my job. I did formally apologize to her though.
Now that was funny. I would have laughed.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Be fair. There are plenty of women and workplaces you can joke around in. Not every woman, not every workplace, but we are not a bunch of shrewish biddies who are horrified at a little joke.
No........but there are more than enough who are.

Quote:
And besides, sexual harassment laws exist because women (SOME women in SOME workplaces) were tired of bosses grabbing their butts and leering down their shirts.
That of course is different. No woman should have to go through that.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Attitudes such as that did. You take the good and the bad. Not the "good for me" of traditional relationships and the "good for me" of feminism.

If you work....you can pay bills.

Women are equal to men....not superior and on a pedestal.
Well said.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Feminism didn't destroy relationships.

Attitudes such as that did. You take the good and the bad. Not the "good for me" of traditional relationships and the "good for me" of feminism.

If you work....you can pay bills.

Women are equal to men....not superior and on a pedestal.
Well said and true.

It's a shame that in such an "enlightened" time and place some people still need to blame women for all that's wrong....

Old 01-20-2010, 07:32 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
See, I don't think that's right! I really don't. I mean, everyone is not endowed with equal strength, however, if you're physically capable for doing the work (and, might I add DRESSED FOR IT)...it should not be considered men's work. I don't know where you worked and whether or not the women were wearing heels or workboots, but if they're dressed appropriately, for hauling stuff, there's no reason why they couldn't help. For the record....I, personally, find very few things which fall under the category of MEN'S work. How can women justify using that statement...especially when they get so rabid hearing the words "women's work"? It's ridiculous!
LOL. I dont lift a thing at work. Not because of my gender but more my tenure. There are plenty of young men around so I yell at them to do any grunt work in the office.

In my line of work, women equally do the physical field work, carrying back-pack shockers, pulling samplers, carrying samples, etc. If there is anything said, it is older men who feel they should be doing that and treat the women as though they have not been trained and are not capable of doing their job. Im sure these men feel they are being considerate and some of the women take advantage of that (me) others, usually the younger one get their feathers ruffled.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well said and true.

It's a shame that in such an "enlightened" time and place some people still need to blame women for all that's wrong....
Women are not the blame for feminism corrupting society, men are.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
I grew up on a farm, bucking hay, slopping hogs, etc. My father had a construction company and built chain link fences....I had to load rolls of fence wire on to the truck. I have worked "like a man"...but sensibly, using appropriate lifting techniques and/or equipment in order to avoid injury. There are a whole lot of women out there who "pretend" to be helpless....I don't know why and could never figure it out. I prefer to show that I can hold my own....and never want to be considered the "weaker" sex.

I know what you mean. When I pick up feed and start loading it the men are all in a tiss, like let me get that. I will then jokingingly invite them to ride home with me to unload it because I have to do it all myself when I get to the barn.

Ill admit I will act helpless with the men in my family and at work to get them to do lifting and things I dont want to. Why? because I can, why should I do it when someone younger and stronger is just standing there and I enjoy seeing other people work.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I know what you mean. When I pick up feed and start loading it the men are all in a tiss, like let me get that. I will then jokingingly invite them to ride home with me to unload it because I have to do it all myself when I get to the barn.
Stupid men.

Several women have tried that trick on me many times in the past, but I told them to do one. They thought I was an a-hole. I didn't care one bit. This is exactly why I am so wary and careful of women asking you for favours. I see too many men who just genuinely want to help, and they are being used and their kindness is being taken for weakness. And then they stop helping females, cos they are not sure about their intention, and then women say there are "no gentlemen left", and one wonders why.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBrownEyes View Post
Now that was funny. I would have laughed.
I agree. some women look for any reason to shout harassment. She should have simply told you she was offended instead of acting like a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships