Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Dorrans

You know I jest with these men. It is all in fun, but maybe one day I will succeed in luring one of these gentlemen to my lair and have my way with him.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well said and true.

It's a shame that in such an "enlightened" time and place some people still need to blame women for all that's wrong....
Or Men. Alot of women still blame men for all that is wrong too.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:53 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
As a man, I would NEVER go to management about "being sexually harassed". I would either ignore it, or speak directly to the offender. I wouldn't have management go talk to that person FOR me.

Seriously, I was like, "What did I say?" Our PA was broken, and normally this one young woman would call over the PA when it was lunchtime for us. Only employees in the store, no customers. Anyway, the day the PA was broken, she shouted it so that everyone could hear, and I said, "I knew you were a screamer." Just a joke. Most guys would have laughed it off. She took offense, and I nearly lost my job. I did formally apologize to her though.
Some guys can get away with being playful like that with "some" women. Speaking for myself, I have worked with many guys who would get something flipped back at them for comments like that. At the same time, in the same work place, there were guys I would have verbally attacked for the same words....depends on the guy. There are some guys out there that SHOULD be reported. You NICE guys out there, you really can't understand, because you know where to draw the line.

Please take into consideration that there are women out there who have been raped and/or molested as children....your comments are not going to be welcomed at all! Take a look at the statistics some time...then look around your workplace, because 1 in 4 of those gals are likely to have been victims. You don't know, the concentration may be higher in your actual workplace. Although, again....I would have thrown something witty and probably emasculating at you for your comment...trust me, a gal who is suffering from PTSD from rape, is going to be thrown into an anxiety attack at those words.

Welcome to LAFASA (http://www.lafasa.org/Publications/lastats.cfm - broken link)

Old 01-20-2010, 07:53 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
I work at the zoo seasonally in guest servcies which means I set up and take down for events, well, I basically do anything I am told to do. I have lifted/loaded/carried many many things such as banquet tables, picnic tables, stantions,etc in 100 degree weather. I would rather do that then stand at the front gate taking tickets myself.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:54 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Dorrans

You know I jest with these men. It is all in fun, but maybe one day I will succeed in luring one of these gentlemen to my lair and have my way with him.
Lol. If you got the looks and charm, go for it.

I have never been successfully lured like that. But I don't wanna count my chickens yet - never say never.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Or Men. Alot of women still blame men for all that is wrong too.
Agreed..... if we're truly honest about it...we sexes are equally to blame for this stuff. It's terrible, too..because no one, single gender is innocent of doing so. Individuals might be blameless, the the gender, as a whole, is not. There are good and bad people in both genders. It's really not fair to judge everyone, based on the experience of some.

You know, something else that hasn't been discussed here? Men had the power. Oh I know that there were some strong women out there who fought like mad for women's rights, dont' get me wrong. We need to realize though, that there were men (they had the power)...but there were men out there who saw the injustices against women. We women wouldn't have the rights we have today if it weren't for the backing of some really great men out there. That seems to be something that a lot of women....AND men, forget.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Lol. If you got the looks and charm, go for it.

I have never been successfully lured like that. But I don't wanna count my chickens yet - never say never.
apparently I dont because I havent had any takers yet. Maybe I should show some cleavage and give a little wink.

I still enjoy flirting with the guys on the loading dock. I think they enjoy it too. Most of their customers are old farmers wearing coverhauls and spitting tobacco juice.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Please take into consideration that there are women out there who have been raped and/or molested as children....your comments are not going to be welcomed at all! Take a look at the statistics some time...then look around your workplace, because 1 in 4 of those gals are likely to have been victims. You don't know, the concentration may be higher in your actual workplace. Although, again....I would have thrown something witty and probably emasculating at you for your comment...trust me, a gal who is suffering from PTSD from rape, is going to be thrown into an anxiety attack at those words.

Welcome to LAFASA (http://www.lafasa.org/Publications/lastats.cfm - broken link)
I'm sure this might be true for some women, but not all. I myself am a rape survivor. I still have a great sense of humor, I can dish it out and take this type of humor. Only one man raped me, not all men.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
You know, something else that hasn't been discussed here? Men had the power. Oh I know that there were some strong women out there who fought like mad for women's rights, dont' get me wrong. We need to realize though, that there were men (they had the power)...but there were men out there who saw the injustices against women. We women wouldn't have the rights we have today if it weren't for the backing of some really great men out there. That seems to be something that a lot of women....AND men, forget.
Do you wonder if they actually saw the injustices on their own or if they had wifes, mothers and daughters on their heals pushing for change.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBrownEyes View Post
I'm sure this might be true for some women, but not all. I myself am a rape survivor. I still have a great sense of humor, I can dish it out and take this type of humor. Only one man raped me, not all men.
I'm a survivor myself...and I can take it and I can dish it out.....but, it all depends on what's said and who says it. As I said there are certain guys who can get away with it....some who can't. I'd certainly "handle it" myself before reporting them though. We all know some women though, who are just LOOKING for someone's life to screw up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships