Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 09:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,625,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
"Well, technology has changed all that! Soon we won't need men at ALL!"

Sugar, if you think technology will stop with replicating sperm and the magical variety of the Y-chromosome, you're so short-sighted you've failed to realize you're as dispensible as I am. If sperm can be replicated, so can an egg and a uterus, it's just a question of doing so.

You need us as much as we need you -- period. Get over yourselves.
Whom are you arguing with, exactly? Who says that women don't need men? Was it someone on this board, or the fringe element that are almost unanimously ignored, or what?

Old 01-20-2010, 09:48 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,706,525 times
The world is getting worse, not better.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:53 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
No truer words were spoken!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:56 AM

36,226 posts, read 30,671,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
It depend on how your looking at it.
From where Im sitting peoples quality of life is overall better.
Less hunger, more freedom, justice, compassion, tolerance.....

Old 01-20-2010, 10:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:
You'd be wrong here. I DON'T like to argue for the sake of argument; I like to argue for the sake of learning OR for the sake of teaching. But sometimes people won't learn OR teach, and that's the luck of the draw.

As for *poof*, yes, I'm well aware that any evolution either takes short, rapid and PAINFUL leaps or takes long, tedious amounts of time to affect change. Only an idiot would pretend otherwise.

My whole thing with the illustration of *poof* is that some radicals (I do not use the word lightly) would like to pretend that the world is different than it really is, and use a lack of education or thought on the parts of others to promote ideas which are meant to vilify -- and in this case, to vilify men.

They want to pretend we lack love, compassion, nurturing qualities; they want to pretend we're interested only in the profit margin and NOTHING else, that we're so dastardly we'll crush others underfoot with utter disregard for human life or dignity.

The very notion that "men are all that is wrong with the world" is so morbidly stupid it's nigh unfathomable, and yet we see that very thing promoted on a continuous basis. If men were as bad as we're led to believe, then EVERY accomplishment throughout history has actually been at the behest and direction of women while somehow men have managed a complete cover-up.

No, I'm NOT stupid enough to think such things; but I love to poke fun at those who are.
The very notion that "feminism is all that is wrong with the world" is so morbidly stupid it's nigh unfathomable, and yet we see that very thing promoted on a continuous basis. If feminists were as bad as we're led to believe, then EVERY accomplishment throughout history has actually been at the behest and direction of women while somehow men have managed a complete cover-up.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,005,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The very notion that "feminism is all that is wrong with the world" is so morbidly stupid it's nigh unfathomable, and yet we see that very thing promoted on a continuous basis. If feminists were as bad as we're led to believe, then EVERY accomplishment throughout history has actually been at the behest and direction of women while somehow men have managed a complete cover-up.

Did you actually read what you put there?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:
What answer is there to possibly give? You've said it all. Men have ruined the world, women will save it."""

EXcuse me, I never said that.

"""I'm only a man; what could I possibly say that would make a difference?

Besides, when someone believes simply shouting louder will make them right, where is there to go conversationally or logically?

Whoever has the volume button that goes beyond 11 WINS!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:12 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,911,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It depend on how your looking at it.
From where Im sitting peoples quality of life is overall better.
Less hunger, more freedom, justice, compassion, tolerance.....
In the 1990s maybe. Too bad it took only one decade (2001-present) to reverse all of the social progress and quality of living.

And the even goes for the treatment of women. You may have all these rights to have a career, own property, and vote, and that's all cool. But as for today, the admiration, desire, symathy, empathy, love, and compassion for women has been drained away from the hearts of most men.

And no, it wasn't when women wanted to get out of the kitchen and make the same income as men; that's fine! It was when most women wanted to have control of the entire world yet expect everyone to treat them like "princess" while they carry the spoiled little brat attitude complex!

And another thing, was the intention of the neo-feminist movement to create admiration for the "heiress wh*re" realizing that these tramps are one of the main reasons why women are less respected now than they were back when most of them were just housewives?

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 01-20-2010 at 10:23 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 AM

36,226 posts, read 30,671,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
In the 1990s maybe. Too bad it took only one decade (2001-present) to reverse all of the social progress and quality of living.

Go on back...keep going....a little more to a time where some people couldnt vote or own property, it was acceptable to beat and abuse your wife and children, certain people couldnt use the same water fountain, it was ok to hang some people from trees, the physically and mentally handicapped were locked away and treated worse than animals, you could get a bounty for human scalps......

Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,704,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Quality of living for whom? All we have to do is look at the lifestyles of certain classes of people to see what is happening to the world. Do people need multiple homes? Do people need 52" or greater television sets? Do childless couples, who live in the city need 6-passenger, gas guzzling 4WD SUVs? Do people need 6 and 7-figure homes, which are furnished with $100,000 + furnishings? Do these same people need $50,000 kitchens when they don't even COOK!? The trouble with people today is that they have a difficult time separating their wants from their needs! The trouble with so many people, is that they've stomped on those who are simply "making ends meet", so that they can afford all of the ridiculous, non-essential crap they have to purchase to feed their egos! It's all a matter of perspective here. Whose quality of life is taking the biggest hit? You can bet it's not the folks who have already been living paycheck to paycheck. LOL....sorry for the rant here, but think about it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.