Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 05:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I dont doubt it.
Ahh, we can google anything. A .ppt on sh*tting your pants.

http://www.holytaco.com/how-deal-***...t-presentation

Old 02-03-2010, 05:50 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,360 times
Is your job Bull****? Check it out...
http://www.bull****job.com/quiz/

115 ... Bull**** artist whoooo!!

Old 02-03-2010, 05:57 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Is your job Bull****? Check it out...
http://www.bull****job.com/quiz/

115 ... Bull**** artist whoooo!!
I just realized these links don't work with cuss words. Not on my work comp at least. Folks, copy/paste and change the **** to the appropriate word.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
He couldn't do mine (or my wife's) for 5 minutes.
I thought you (stan4) were a chick?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:29 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But mental "work" isn't actual work. How about, as I said, the person using his mind over his muscles is "applying himself to a profession"?
Using the Brain can, and often is, more tiring than using the brawn

Mental Work IS actual work.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 PM

300 posts, read 429,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But mental "work" isn't actual work.
Oh please! Let me GUARANTEE you that working with the brain can far more exhausting than working with your hands -

I don't know where you came up with this idea that brain work isn't work but, you are wrong

Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
He said there was a gender wage gap. The myth of the gap comes from averaging ALL working people's pay. So that "gap" comes from comparing CEOs to part time workers.. It doesn't take into account that women choose to go into lower paying fields, and switch also to part time. That's where the "gap" comes from, but they still want to "fix" it with legislation..
You need to start listening a lot closer to things that are said. Or do better research. You remind me of people who believe everything they THINK they hear and take it as gospel.

The gender wage gap has absolutely NOTHING to do with the difference between a CEO's salary and female part time employees. The wage gap was refering to men and women who are doing the SAME job but the men are being paid more for it, regardless of education or seniority. None of what you've stated has anything to do with any wage gap. And, just in case you didn't know this either, President Obama signed into law a bill to keep that from happening anymore. It was one of the very first bills he signed after his inauguration.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
You need to start listening a lot closer to things that are said. Or do better research. You remind me of people who believe everything they THINK they hear and take it as gospel.

The gender wage gap has absolutely NOTHING to do with the difference between a CEO's salary and female part time employees. The wage gap was refering to men and women who are doing the SAME job but the men are being paid more for it, regardless of education or seniority. None of what you've stated has anything to do with any wage gap. And, just in case you didn't know this either, President Obama signed into law a bill to keep that from happening anymore. It was one of the very first bills he signed after his inauguration.

wrong. it's a myth from averaging all incomes and women choosing to go into lower paying fields like education.

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba392/

Independent Women's Forum - Gender Wage Gap Is Feminist Fiction

ifeminists.com: Content / Guest Commentary / The Gender Wage Gap Myth Lives On

Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi betamanlet,

I sure lots of beta men will be real happy when their dating prospects getting mowed down on the battle field.

Awe.. ain't she cute...

Too bad.....

Your future girl friend was turned into goo and a feast for worms...
You know, that's exactly what happened to my own generation. There were a lot of really good and decent men killed in Vietnam. There were over 58,000 good men and women...just gone. I never participated in any demonstrations back then but my sympathies were with the ones who did. I attended my share of sad funerals.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Okay, I really quick read through some of that and, in some ways, they are right. But why would anybody lump jobs like being a CEO and a lower paid person together? That doesn't make sense to me. Same pay for the same job does.

Yup, lots of women ARE in and out of the workforce. They sometimes only work one job...SAHM...or sometimes add a part time job to that but when they are working 40+ hours a week they are basically covering TWO jobs. And they only get paid for one. In the end they are penalized for staying home to raise their kids till they are, at least, school age. For the last few years I've taken quite a few classes at our local community college, just because I like to learn and try different things, but you would be amazed at the number of single moms who fill that school. They are doing their best to upgrade and expand their skills so they CAN re-enter the workforce. They are doing a good job of it too. Around here there's not much argument about equal wages because we mostly DO get equal wages. But we are a small town so there aren't as many options either.

Anyway, I think things are better now than they were years ago but I don't see anything as being "perfect". I've been in the workforce for 45 years so I've seen a LOT of changes over the years. There are still inequities though and maybe there always will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships