Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You've never heard the term "professional student"? Yes, school work can be a profession.
You're missing the point. School work itself is not a profession. It can be, but you know that's not the point. A first year chem major working on her orgo is doing school work, tho, she's not a professional student, professional organic chemist, etc. She's simply engaging in school work.

You don't need to be a student. Pick up an orgo book and work the problems. It's work.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
The answer is: systematical argument.

In the physical sciences, strictly speaking, something needs to move in order to do work. Its not applicable here since that context is absurd. We are compensated according to occupation, and such occupation caries an opportunity cost which eventually translates to work lost. An economic argument is fitting I suspect? If such pedagogical tedium is a thrilling bone on which to suck marrow...

Glad I could finally resolve the issue...

Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I'm willing to take "occupation" as another alternative to "work".

Work is work, not sitting down thinking. Sitting down and doing organic chemistry study is interesting and fun--not work at all. [Guess what kind of student I was?]

Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
I'm willing to take "occupation" as another alternative to "work".
What?

Quote:
Work is work, not sitting down thinking. Sitting down and doing organic chemistry study is interesting and fun--not work at all.
So, calling school work, school work, is wrong. We shoud call it school occupation. Okay, get right on it Tkramer. lol

Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
I don't see why he couldn't. I lift things in excess of one hundred pounds (biggest thing was a 273-pound bench saw) daily, and I only weigh somewhere between 125 and 130.
Impressive! We should call you Hercules from now on.

Now here is an arguement in favor of feminism ruining relationships. If not for feminism TK could attract plenty of women with his amazing strength and degree in business management. But feminism ruined that by giving women the opportunity to achieve the same degree, put it to use thus making in excess of TK's 17K annual pay so she can pay someone to do the heavy lifting, pay for her own diner (someplace a bit healthier than micky d) and still support herself.

According to some this ability is a big turn off for men so feminism has ruined a womans chances of finding a suitable mate. I guess its a lose/lose situation, or is it.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What?

So, calling school work, school work, is wrong. We shoud call it school occupation. Okay, get right on it Tkramer. lol
Actually, it should be considered entertainment. That's how I see it.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Now here is an arguement in favor of feminism ruining relationships. If not for feminism TK could attract plenty of women with his amazing strength and degree in business management. But feminism ruined that by giving women the opportunity to achieve the same degree, put it to use thus making in excess of TK's 17K annual pay so she can pay someone to do the heavy lifting, pay for her own diner (someplace a bit healthier than micky d) and still support herself.

According to some this ability is a big turn off for men so feminism has ruined a womans chances of finding a suitable mate. I guess its a lose/lose situation, or is it.
Closer to $25K, actually. And I don't see any women capable of doing the same thing I do.

Food is food--if it's edible, it's healthy. It's doing what it was designed to do. Providing fuel for the human machine.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:50 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Hi 2mares,

Its not by and large the men. It is at least as much a problem from a woman's point of view. I saw it myself. I would consistently notice a desired mate needed income to be equal or greater if it was a woman's profile. Why is this so complicated? If men had income previously as a lure, its absence for men using that as a primary means of attraction will suffer. It certainly makes more sense than theories based upon men not liking money. Money is a lessor attraction to women.

This ridiculous idea that the primary discord is over men being intimidated by smart women is a predictable result of self aggrandizement and rationalization of which women are, at times, an easy prey . What a fine excuse to be unable to attract a suitable mate it must be. They are just too darn good.

Men are of course slowly adjusting to this reality which is not how women intended. The script women had in mind was they could seduce the men they wanted with career success. What women are getting instead is blarney and peacocking towards the women men have always wanted. They are unconsciously seeking a means of progeny in what is commonly called feminine beauty. Men that bray and bleat for donkeys and sheep do not breed a race of Satyrs, nor are there many who have a taste for bitter over sweet.

If you want to see a self(or socially) supporting woman's desire for certain men, simply give a child all the candy they like and see how whet their appetite is for dinner.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:04 PM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Closer to $25K, actually. And I don't see any women capable of doing the same thing I do.

Food is food--if it's edible, it's healthy. It's doing what it was designed to do. Providing fuel for the human machine.
Sorry, I recall one of your posts stating your income around 17K.
I never said any woman was capable of your super human strength. Capable of making or exceeding your income.

Please watch 'super size me'. Not all food, tho technically edible, is healthy. I'm aware of your beliefs on eating, I dont share them and am thankful that Im not dependant on someone who shares your opinion.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:37 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi betamanlet,

Its actually a bit true...

I am naturally beta. I was a classic. I had principles, put women on pedestals, and really had no clue about women. I was a "nice guy". Facebook has even given me an excellent museum on my past where I saw a complete idiot sitting between 2 hot girls in high school.

Though I was born a beta slave, it also meant I had a brain. I used it to solve the problem. I am actually far more capable than any bad boy without a brain. I constantly influence people because I know things and do things differently, and better, just like any real geek should. Use your noodle, or the selection process that women make is justified.
That's exactly how synthetic game was invented. Lovable beta losers with high IQs and too much time on their hands figured out what makes women attracted. We've seen the rise of PUAs for this very reason. And yet it's your beta manginas and white knights that have a problem with it. Talk about your irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships