Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 01:52 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Are any women in your eyes losers? I don't see anyone calling women losers on this forum.
Face the fact that this is a female domnated site. They post on here, telling everyone how they cannot find a suitable man, but that doesn't make THEM losers, only the men who won't jump at the opportunity they present.

BTW, it was good to check out that old Salon article again. I made one of the early comments there that pinned down the real reason for the shift in happiness. Not hard to understand however.

People are always unhappy when everyone tells them that the sky is the limit and this doesn't work out. Eventually women will come to terms with this (in 20 to 50 years) but in the mean time, they'll just keep reworking and tinkering with feminism.

Men are learning to stay out of the way and as a result are becoming much happier.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ
Well, that can happen easily if their posts are being ignored. Unfortunately, most of us are not that disciplined. I’m not as guilty as others, but I do it, too, occasionally.

Generally, people ignore uncomfortable truths that they don't want to deal with. It is much more comfortable to listen to those with the same viewpoint.

I'm not like that and actually enjoy reading the comments of women here. Its opened up my eyes to the way that things actually are.

Two years ago I thought that women were primarily the victims of relationship problems but now I realize that this was just a fabrication of the mainstream media and various government programs to assist women who make serious mistakes. Taking personal responsibility is much more diffcult than just blaming men for your problems.

Looking back, I now realize that this was a common theme I encountered with most people. The difference is that men must live completely with their mistakes so the best of them do all within their power to not make them.
Yeah, that's a great point. Any issues I might have, only impact me. Whereas so many women will look for, or have society try to deal with the problems. I'm a tax paying citizen, no criminal record. I contribute to society. Society doesn't pay the price for my faults or my decisions. I pay much more taxes than the average american does.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I truly think that these kind of posters are ruining the relationships forum. Can someone who's been here a long time please tell me that this will pass..?
Yes, they will pass--and other misogynists will come and take their place.

There are always going to be haters and trolls. Just be thankful that you aren't that miserable, yourself.

And hey, they provide a valuable service to their fellow men: They make a lot of us gals appreciate our boyfriends, husbands, or SOs all that much more. More than once, I've shared some of the lunacy on these boards with my man, and said, "I'm so glad you're not like that." Generally, his thoughts are, "No. It's a waste of time."

And it is. It's a waste of time to go through life angry and bitter, and it's a waste of time spewing hate at people you don't even know. These guys think they're going to change minds or provide some kind of insight with their rantings. Frankly, I think it's pathetic, and if they weren't so nasty, I'd feel bad for them. Well, at least they're home on their computers venting their spleens, and not out there circulating.

Last edited by Yzette; 06-23-2010 at 02:28 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 02:21 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You're grasping at straws to support a false premise. I don't believe accomodations are made for women who can't perform duties in their job descriptions. Men have never had to resign themselves to working in pizza parlors when they couldn't perform duties required, learning another trade or education has always been an option.
right, learning another trade like flipping pizza...and women are actually much greater beneficiaries of education than men will ever be. Men have no incentive to become formally educated outside of the inflated arbitrary value that other elite men (the people who run corporate america and who's friends own and profit from the tuition lending institutions within higher education) place on degrees. This is one of the reasons that men are underperforming in higher education as we speak. Men know they will always have a monopoly on manual labor and protection/military/police work, and that is what they know they can fall back on. Until they legalize prostitution, there is much less incentive for a man to waste time and incur the debt of education than there is for the average woman; and of course, when prostitution becomes legal, women too would be able to truly exercise their monopoly on sexual power that they have over men.

Last edited by solytaire; 06-23-2010 at 03:00 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 PM

314 posts, read 414,480 times
so if a man tells you to have sex every hour of the day and your not allowed to work or drive would you do that to just to please him what happened to people being there own person if your a radical feminist
then yes there over the top and are sexist themselfs sometimes

Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Face the fact that this is a female domnated site. They post on here, telling everyone how they cannot find a suitable man, but that doesn't make THEM losers, only the men who won't jump at the opportunity they present.
"They."

You know, them. Those people. All of them.

Right. You miss the posts from those of us who are in good, healthy relationships or marriages. You conveniently omit that there are quite a few women--and men--here who are happy with their partners.

But, you know, the people who have successful lovelives couldn't possibly have any evidence to back up the advice they offer. And of course, the women in relationships here must be nad-breakers whose partners must be emasculated, right?

Male or female--and I am the first to try to knock some sense into a female who seems to be lacking it--the common denominator in all of your failed relationships is you. Lashing out at those who reject you and those who have what you claim not to want is transparent, indeed. See: Sour grapes.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Women don't swim. They have men blow up floaties for them and push them around, making motor boat noises.
Just because I make motorboat noises doesn't mean there's any water around.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
Not feminism in the old sense. the word is garnering new meaning now

Old 06-23-2010, 04:00 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
right, learning another trade like flipping pizza...and women are actually much greater beneficiaries of education than men will ever be. Men have no incentive to become formally educated outside of the inflated arbitrary value that other elite men (the people who run corporate america and who's friends own and profit from the tuition lending institutions within higher education) place on degrees. This is one of the reasons that men are underperforming in higher education as we speak. Men know they will always have a monopoly on manual labor and protection/military/police work, and that is what they know they can fall back on. Until they legalize prostitution, there is much less incentive for a man to waste time and incur the debt of education than there is for the average woman; and of course, when prostitution becomes legal, women too would be able to truly exercise their monopoly on sexual power that they have over men.

Hi solytaire,

Actually it would add to the supply thus decreasing female sexual monopoly power. It is essentially transactional polyandry.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
As a reminder.. stay on topic, do not discuss other members. If you have an issue with a post, report it.

We have a chat thread where you can discuss various issues, however do not discuss other members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships