Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
They aren't barred from the military unless they are openly gay.

What about males being denied student loans and federal jobs for not registering?
Tell them you're gay, end of story.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
They aren't barred from the military unless they are openly gay.

What about males being denied student loans and federal jobs for not registering?
Registering is the LAW. If you break any law there are consequences. How many times do you have to be told this is NOT a feminist issue it is a POLITICAL issue.

If you don't like the law then as other posters have said, make some effort to change it. Otherwise stop whining about it being womens fault that YOU have to register.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:52 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Tell them you're gay, end of story.
He doesn't even have to do that. There's a conscientious objector clause in the Selective Service.

Selective Service System: Fast Facts

Old 06-24-2010, 01:53 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
I thought women wanted equality. You're asking me to do the work to get the equality for you?

Once again, you're avoiding my point. I'm takling about the registration process for the selective service. Not the actual draft, because there currently is no draft.

only men are required to register. If they do not, they face jail and other life long consequences.

If you truly believed in equality, you would insist that women be subject to this too. But instead, you try to change the subject.

Is there ANYTHING today that women face jail for for not doing like men do?
No, if you believed in equality, you could oppose the draft entirely. That men should also not be drafted.

For example, I believe in an all-volunteer military. If you don't want to be there, then you shouldn't.

And to answer your question: child support. Women fail to pay it, they face jail time.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yup. Peewee football, Pop Warner, Little League, and AYSO soccer were the most common. In P.E., we played kickball, nationball (like dodgeball, where the POINT is to nail another person with the ball) and basketball. Of course one team won. At recess, we played four-square, handball, and tetherball (I bet everyone who was a kid in the 80s was nailed in the head by a tetherball at least once). Oh yeah, don't forget "Butt's Up," where you had to stand against a wall and dodge a tennis ball thrown at you--get hit enough times, and you had to stand still while your friends got in a few good shots. I've been to my kids' elementary schools plenty of times. All the kids are still rough and rowdy, don't worry.

My high school was well known for its sports stars. Football especially, but also track, baseball, basketball and volleyball. And "back then" is no different from now. My daughter is going into high school and goes to basketball camp. The girls at her games are ruthless, and a few girls skin their knees and get an elbow in the face every time. Her school has tons of competitive sports, including lacrosse and hockey, which weren't as common in California.
I wouldn't know anything about sports--I didn't play them. But doesn't equality mean co-ed showers?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:05 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
If you do NOT register for the selective service you face a near 100% chance of being jailed, fined, and being denied federal jobs for the rest of your life.

That would happen to EVERY male who does not register.

That would not happen to ONE SINGLE woman because she's not required to register.

100% if you don't register vs. what % of men go to jail for committing other crimes?

The fact remains, only men are required to register. If you do not, you go to jail, you get fined, and you get denied student loans and federal jobs for the rest of your life. NOT A SINGLE WOMAN faces any of these consequences yet have plenty of time to complain that a 3rd grade teacher doesn't make as much as a CEO.
Yep. you got it baby. All you need to do is register. Problem solved.
Oh, I dont think anyone believes a 3rd grad teacher's salary should equal that of a CEO.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
He doesn't even have to do that. There's a conscientious objector clause in the Selective Service.

Selective Service System: Fast Facts
Thanks Julia

As a male, an adult, and lawyer, before he gets on a forum with his poor me, why men ramblings he should certainly have known this, and it took a woman to answer his question and wonders why hes ridiculed and screams personal attack. Hopeless.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one claiming and constantly complaining about being discriminated against like so many women do.

If women were serious about equality, they would be demanding to register for the selective service. But like with many things, they're looking for rights, not responsibilities. Responsiblities suck. i'll even admit them, but responsibilities are what grownups accept.
Your dam straight! We've got enough responsibility and now we have equal rights under the law. Woman are too smart to demand more responsibility. Why mess up a good thing.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:12 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, if you believed in equality, you could oppose the draft entirely. That men should also not be drafted.

For example, I believe in an all-volunteer military. If you don't want to be there, then you shouldn't.

And to answer your question: child support. Women fail to pay it, they face jail time.
Not all women have children thus nit all have child support , unlike men who all have to register or face jail. I said ALL.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I wouldn't know anything about sports--I didn't play them. But doesn't equality mean co-ed showers?
Oh, you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships