Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 03:25 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times

Advertisements

Whoever bumped this thread should be permabanned.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:28 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Woman are too smart to demand more responsibility. Why mess up a good thing.
I have said it many times . So keep the dating scene, relationships, family court/law, etc. the same. Changing it for equality would mess up all those priviledges/benefits women enjoy. Lucky you .

Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I certainly hope you find your little Happy Housewife who wants you to take control in the relationship
.... and they will live happily ever after in Stepford, CT.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:00 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But all women who refuse to pay child support face the same consequences as men who fail to do so.

As has been suggested, if you have a problem with the Selective Service Act, why not lobby to get it removed entirely?
That's completely different.

All men have to register for the selective service. All men who do not face jail, fines and denials of privileges.

No woman has to register for the selective service. No women face jail, fines and denials of privileges for not registering with the selected service because they are not required to do it, men are required to.

Not all men and women have to pay child support. Only those with children do.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:04 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
If you need me to say it, I will.

Women do not BELONG in the military to begin with, so they shouldn't be required to sign up. I personally have no problem with the Selective Service Act, but if I did I would speak out against it, not try to make it so that women could be drafted.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:53 PM

283 posts, read 458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I certainly hope you find your little Happy Housewife who wants you to take control in the relationship

Successful relationships are not about control, they are about compromise, fairness and not being afraid to let the other person have his or her own way when it's important.
By the way I said it in the previous post that I didn't mind if she had her say. I'm doing exactly what you say Compromise.

Long lasting Relationships are never 50/50. I'll state my parents as an example They have 23 years of marriage, they have made tough choices together and depending on the circumstances My dad or my mom was the one with the Veto power. On the matters regarding the house my mom is the boss no questions asked everything else its my dad who is responsible for it ( fixing the car, fixing the house, taking out thrash and all other little details that are important.). Once in a while my dad cooks for the family using the BBQ and does a little bit of cleaning.

What is the amount of responsibilities you would consider to be a fair amount for an average women ? and For you as a woman ? Honestly from your perspective.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:13 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't understand what "It seems more reasonable that way" means--what does?--or what you are asking. I gave you a list of paradoxical points of view. I thank you for the clarification.
You have far more patience than I do. The minute some dingbat, male or female, says something like "I want you saying" to me, I'd tell that person that he or she is cordially invited to eff right off. Who the heck is this kid to demand something like that and tell anyone how to express herself?

Fuhgettaboudit!

Old 06-24-2010, 07:15 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,747 times
Did feminism ruin relationships between men and women?

Yes.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:23 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
You have far more patience than I do. The minute some dingbat, male or female, says something like "I want you saying" to me, I'd tell that person that he or she is cordially invited to eff right off. Who the heck is this kid to demand something like that and tell anyone how to express herself?
I got the impression that English isn't his first language.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I got the impression that English isn't his first language.
I get the impression he's splitting hairs and being contrarian.

All I have to say is, thank goodness my man is not anything remotely like the whiners and betaboys here.

Of course, if he was, I wouldn't be with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships