Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
I think you need to stay out of it. People need to make their own mistakes and learn their own lessons or else they will never learn. Not saying this is a mistake, because really who knows, but if it is, he will know what to look out for next time, instead of having to run to you.
Amen sister! Let him learn on his own!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Let's face it, when you factor everything else out, she says she's met 50 guys.

Read some of the posters on here who advocate online dating, who have virtually no chance of getting with anyone, because they're not on this world.

Then imagine meeting 50 of them !!

It must be soul destroying " poor girl is probably at the end of her tether !!

Or, she might just be a bi*ch, and all 50 guys are still running as fast as they can in the opposite direction !!

If you don't go, you'll never know !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Stay out of it. It's just coffee, for Pete's sake. If he doesn't meet her, he'll always wonder.

I agree with bobman. She's being upfront for a reason.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Out of boredom and on a whim, I put up a profile at POF several months ago. I've been contacted by dozens of men but have only responded to two and actually met neither. I'm very, very careful and for very good reason. There are all sorts of people and situations on that site and I have my BS meter turned to high.

So the OP's comment about not finding anyone out of 50 men is bogus.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Any other suggestions? He's wanting to meet her tomorrow afternoon.
Buy him some condoms.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:25 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
If she had more than 10 sexual partners I would drop her like a bad habit.
LOL

The # she quoted was about as high as the speedometer goes on a new Corvette, not joking around here either.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:08 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
LOL

The # she quoted was about as high as the speedometer goes on a new Corvette, not joking around here either.
Over 100? Wow. Strong ****.

I'd mind my own business tho, he's not going to listen to you anyways if he already likes her.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:26 PM

8 posts, read 17,879 times
Yeah, if he's already 'sold' on the product he's probably not going to think twice about 'if' he should buy into it until it backfires. Good luck to your friend. lol I don't really have any ideas as to what you should do. I guess just keep an ear out, and make sure he doesn't do something retarded, like propose within the first year of meeting her in person.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
The make my life living hell comment would be enough to make me run. I can already imagine the b**** f***ing with my guitars to p*i*s*s* me off and that would make her life living hell. I had friends go through that before....

And the cute comment, going to another thread about that topic, seems some do take being called cute as a let down of sorts ugh?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:36 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
We all have to make our own mistakes. Tell him how you honestly feel and then back off. He has to make his own decisions.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The make my life living hell comment would be enough to make me run. I can already imagine the b**** f***ing with my guitars to p*i*s*s* me off and that would make her life living hell. I had friends go through that before....

And the cute comment, going to another thread about that topic, seems some do take being called cute as a let down of sorts ugh?
To a woman, "cute" is a puppy - if a man is talking about a woman's looks, anything less than "gorgeous" or "breathtaking" and she's going to think you are only around until the next best thing comes along. FWIW - I wouldn't commit to an opinion of someone's looks until I met them in person - those photos people post on their dating profiles are, more often than not, far from an accurate image of what they look like in person. In the case of guys on POF, they usually pick photos where they are a tiny spec next to a monster truck, on their dirtbike, or in their boat. When you ask for a photo of their face, they send you one where they are wearing dark sunglasses and a ball cap. Those guys don't get dates (not with me, anyways).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships