Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

So, how much does the OP weigh now?

It's been 10 days already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 03:56 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I don't know what to tell you as 10 lbs is nothing. Sounds like deeper issues than just that. However, I can say the ex bf and I split after he gained 110 pounds over 4 years. It just wasn't happening...

Old 01-17-2010, 04:04 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Tsk, tsk - for all you kiddos know, I could have the ugliest set of eyes on this planet. Why DO I crop all my pictures? Sit on that question for a moment. I leave you with this picture:

Hi mango tango,

I know why. You are sick of the attention, and I adduce the cropping to retaining anonymity to preserve this space. In the city I call it "hot girl" look where eye contact is a no no. I sometimes pity you girls though I thank you for the scenery. What a frustrating currency it is to be an attractive women. You have something of great value, but it is so easily stolen. I suspect attention from someone worth while with intend to commit may be an attention you like. I hope someone rises to the occasion for you.

Gods speed Mango.....

Old 01-17-2010, 04:06 PM

912 posts, read 1,332,202 times
Ditch the guy

Old 01-17-2010, 04:08 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi mango tango,

I know why. You are sick of the attention, and I adduce the cropping to retaining anonymity to preserve this space. In the city I call it "hot girl" look where eye contact is a no no. I sometimes pity you girls though I thank you for the scenery. What a frustrating currency it is to be an attractive women. You have something of great value, but it is so easily stolen. I suspect attention from someone worth while with intend to commit may be an attention you like. I hope someone rises to the occasion for you.

Gods speed Mango.....

I don't think Mango needs to worry about that.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:12 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't know what to tell you as 10 lbs is nothing. Sounds like deeper issues than just that. However, I can say the ex bf and I split after he gained 110 pounds over 4 years. It just wasn't happening...
Hi himain,

Again we know nothing. No longer working out may mean 10 lbs of weight gain combined with 10 pounds of lean tissue turning to fat. If we are speculating on the more superficial nature of it we may as well get it right. The effect may be more like a 20lb swing. Who knows?

Oh one more thing. I noticed in other threads people would speculate that we are not getting the other side of the story. Why is that conspicuously absent about this poor soul?

Old 01-17-2010, 04:13 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't think Mango needs to worry about that.
Indeed wise one, indeed!LOL........

Old 01-17-2010, 04:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
When we started dating I was either in the gym or at school. I was 135lbs. I am now 145lbs and work full time with a side job. apparently this weight gain is so much that be isn't attracted to me anymore. He still loves me like before, bu how can I really have a relationship with him without sex? My sex drive is much bigger than his. When I try to initiate, he's too busy. When he initiates it happens (obviously). The last two times we had sex were within the last two months and he never finished with me. On top of hardly ever having sex, now I'm not even getting the benefit. What is his problem? Will it REALLY be solved by 10 lbs? What happens when I get pregnant or age?
Dump him now, as you age or if you become pregnant, it's only more weight.

He may have physical problems and blaming you for a 10 pound weight gain.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi himain,

Again we know nothing. No longer working out may mean 10 lbs of weight gain combined with 10 pounds of lean tissue turning to fat. If we are speculating on the more superficial nature of it we may as well get it right. The effect may be more like a 20lb swing. Who knows?

Oh one more thing. I noticed in other threads people would speculate that we are not getting the other side of the story. Why is that conspicuously absent about this poor soul?
Spot on, G. I'm thinking the same too. 10 pounds are hardly noticeable. I'm thinking 30-35. That's what will really start to rile boyfriends up.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
OK..I have been those weights and 10 pounds is not "nothing". Maybe if you are 6 ft tall or its all muscle its "nothing". But to be 100% honest, unless you work out 5'5'' @ 145 looks chunky. Its just a few pounds away from being medically overweight and to start to be a health risk factor. At 145 I was wearing a 12s. At 135 it went from 6-8s. I am an inch or so taller. Call me nuts..but I think that is a big freakin difference.

But that aside...many skinny guy friends in the 20s are freaked out by fat. But they don't go limp over it. The only person I know that had that issue also questioned if he was gay. But to say he wants you to look like a 16 year old makes him sound like a pedo freak. Some girls look like women at that age, but a lot don't.

Either way he sounds annoying for so many other reasons. You are only 22 once. Dump and date around. There is worse but there is better too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships