Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 AM

600 posts, read 3,449,059 times

Advertisements

One is either:
A - self-righteous
B - righteously indignant

Not both. So what is you real question?

Regards,
Streamer1212
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 11:38 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I came across this today:

"All anger is by no means sinful; it was designed by the Author of our nature for self-defense; nor is it altogether a selfish passion, since it is excited by injuries offered to others as well as ourselves, and sometimes prompts us to reclaim offenders from sin and danger, but it becomes sinful when conceived upon trivial occasions or inadequate provocations; when it breaks forth into outrageous actions; vents itself in reviling language, or is concealed in our thoughts to the degree of hatred" (Buck's Theological Dictionary).

Righteous Indignation

What I highlighted is probably the best definition of self-righteous indignation I have seen. And made me think of all the people I have met who are like this. I see it here, I've dated it, I've seen it in my family and in friends who are no longer family and friends.

How do you handle it? Do you choose to not deal with it at all? Do you choose your battles? Do you feel you have no choice but to deal with it when it comes to family or work?
Rugged has never started a fight in his life. I finish them though! Be nice to people. Just because you could take them doesn't give you the right to be a bully. It is even funnier when the bully (my boss) runs away because he fears what I could do to him if I wanted to? That kind of power and aggression is for self defense only. I learned about that in Karate when I was a kid. Rugged

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 01-15-2010 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: SPELLING

Old 01-15-2010, 02:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I came across this today:

"All anger is by no means sinful; it was designed by the Author of our nature for self-defense; nor is it altogether a selfish passion, since it is excited by injuries offered to others as well as ourselves, and sometimes prompts us to reclaim offenders from sin and danger, but it becomes sinful when conceived upon trivial occasions or inadequate provocations; when it breaks forth into outrageous actions; vents itself in reviling language, or is concealed in our thoughts to the degree of hatred" (Buck's Theological Dictionary).

Righteous Indignation

What I highlighted is probably the best definition of self-righteous indignation I have seen. And made me think of all the people I have met who are like this. I see it here, I've dated it, I've seen it in my family and in friends who are no longer family and friends.

How do you handle it? Do you choose to not deal with it at all? Do you choose your battles? Do you feel you have no choice but to deal with it when it comes to family or work?
I have zero tolerance, particularly in the the work place. I've witnessed supervisors go into fits and wondered how they maintained employment.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I have zero tolerance, particularly in the the work place. I've witnessed supervisors go into fits and wondered how they maintained employment.
Because he owns the place! It is even funnier when you are told by a Police Department to hit him because of how evil and rotten he is! It's not going to happen guys. I have self control.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:45 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Because he owns the place! It is even funnier when you are told by a Police Department to hit him because of how evil and rotten he is! It's not going to happen guys. I have self control.
You are truly my hero...I'm heading out for my date with a terribly "self-righteously indignant" guy but I will be thinking of you all night...

Old 01-15-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
You are truly my hero...I'm heading out for my date with a terribly "self-righteously indignant" guy but I will be thinking of you all night...
Thank you!

Old 01-15-2010, 05:53 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamer1212 View Post
One is either:
A - self-righteous
B - righteously indignant

Not both. So what is you real question?

Regards,
Streamer1212
Read my original post.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Ahhh, not.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Ahhh, not.
I'm smart enough to know they are joking. They know he is a rotten b******! It bugs them to know someone can be this evil and cruel to everyone. He will pay the price someday for it. The man upstairs knows?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 PM

As crazy as they are, its' kind of priceless, they come unglued and look like complete fools, then pull themselves back together and go on as if it never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships