Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 02:28 PM

49 posts, read 108,846 times

Advertisements

Last night I prepared a steak with gorgonzola-mushroom sauce, sweet potato fries and sauteed green beans. I pretty much can cook whatever so why would I need a woman for that? Actually I only met a few women so far who were able to prepare something half way decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Let's stay on topic about men expecting women to be good cooks. No personal attacks or judgments upon one another. If it can't be civil I'll close the thread. Thank you.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 PM

202 posts, read 484,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Winecountry1,

Right. What could eating habits have to do with food or cooking? I guess its a good thing that you were not working on that magnetism and electricity problem.

So after attacking me for allegedly going off topic, I see you may.

The way you wrote that post about the diabetic woman didnt make too much sense at the time. I see at least one other person agreed with me.

Also, we were not talking about "eating habits" per se. Meaning, the title of the thread was not America's Obesity Problem...or Society's Eating Habits.

The question was Do most men expect us (women) to be good cooks.

Just about every single post BEFORE yours stayed within that theme. You came out in left field with your post about your inlaw who was fat and diabetic wanting to give a peice of chocolate to her grandkid.

And then you threw in the fact that some times it was humiliating to be an American. Uhh...okay. Forgive me if I was a bit thrown off by your post in a thread about men wanting women who can cook.

I think you could have made your post tie in a bit more clearer than you did.

But..I digress. I have clearly offended you. If it wasnt for the fact that we are in America, i would say you could chop off my fingers for such an insult.

But, it's America, and like you said, it's humiliating to be an American at times.

So..how about we eat some of that there chocolate your diabetic inlaw's grandkid cant have? ( that was a mouthful) Then we can be humiliated Americans together, eh?

Old 01-17-2010, 03:08 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Uh, no. I dont eat EITHER way, thankyouverymuch. You see, I live on what is basically a cooking-free diet. All it requires is some research on nutrition and a little know-how as to where to find my food.

I eat yogurt. I eat vegetables..raw. I dont like cooked veggies. I eat salads (No dressing. Yuck), whole grain cereals, cheeses,

If I want meat, I pick up a rotisserie chicken from the deli at the store where I work. I know EXACTLY how its prepared and whats put in it.
I eat fresh deli meat. Or I'll have steamed salmon (also steamed for me at no charge and in front of me at work before I pay for it) or sushi, or shrimp,also steamed. I dont do fried, I dont eat garbage, and I dont do dinner parties, because my friends are the same age as I am and eat crap (fried chicken, pizza, potato chips, etc...none of which I'll touch)

I rarely eat red meat at all, or pork that would require cooking.
The most "cooking" I ever do involves a microwave for my morning oatmeal.

So, in my case, bump cooking. I can certainly feed myself well without it. Ive better things to do than stand in a damn kitchen for half and hour or more making a mess I'll have to clean up. There might as well not be a kitchen in my house.
Hi Colddiamond102,

That still falls under the general category of food preparation. It also speaks volumes about life style. Of course many people are going to want to have compatible eating habits and that is what a "good cook" is to the individual. Thus to someone with a raw food diet, you are a "good cook". Men will, I am sure, wish a women to cook for several reasons including the pleasure of taste or what nutrition will likely be fed to him and his children. So long as the latter reason is not generally violated, I also appreciate the former. If I did not think this myself, or constantly hear this from most men I meet, then I would have another opinion. You can't even be with your friends because of that incompatibility.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:10 PM

202 posts, read 484,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Let's stay on topic about men expecting women to be good cooks. No personal attacks or judgments upon one another. If it can't be civil I'll close the thread. Thank you.
I just read this now. Fair enough.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:30 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
The way you wrote that post about the diabetic woman didnt make too much sense at the time. I see at least one other person agreed with me.
Hi Winecountry1,

Appeals to the majority are rhetorical fallacies.

Quote:
Also, we were not talking about "eating habits" per se. Meaning, the title of the thread was not America's Obesity Problem...or Society's Eating Habits.
No its not. Its just a reason why some men like when their wives prepare food; or should I just not have not listened to the conversation I just heard last weekend between a couple we had over when they asked if we always ate lunch as we do? I just explained the reason why some men want this.

Quote:
The question was Do most men expect us (women) to be good cooks.

Just about every single post BEFORE yours stayed within that theme. You came out in left field with your post about your inlaw who was fat and diabetic wanting to give a peice of chocolate to her grandkid.
So then why complicate it? If we decide not to go into why, then just post "yes or no."

Quote:
And then you threw in the fact that some times it was humiliating to be an American. Uhh...okay. Forgive me if I was a bit thrown off by your post in a thread about men wanting women who can cook.
And then you felt the urge to expound on your feelings as well didn't you?

Quote:
I think you could have made your post tie in a bit more clearer than you did.

But..I digress. I have clearly offended you. If it wasnt for the fact that we are in America, i would say you could chop off my fingers for such an insult.
I am not offended. I just point out inconsistencies and in particular to those people who respond directly to me. Depending on the post, I just take aggression and treat it accordingly. I could be an English professor known for his precise clarity in his expressions even while posting on the internet ,but then you could have just politely asked for clarity. You chose a more confrontational approach. What do you expect? A rose peddle pathway onto the threshold of my delight?

Quote:
But, it's America, and like you said, it's humiliating to be an American at times.

So..how about we eat some of that there chocolate your diabetic inlaw's grandkid cant have? ( that was a mouthful) Then we can be humiliated Americans together, eh?
See, now I am delighted. Now we are getting to know each other a little better. Glad to meet you.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
Personally, I LOVE to cook and always appreciate cooking for others...whether it be for friends, family or the special someone. I learned to cook and bake at the young age of 8, when I made my grandfather a cake from scratch for his birthday.

He was so proud of me and my accomplishment, so I just kept wanting to learn how to cook and bake even more. My stepmother at that time, didn't really care to cook and there was no way that my father was going to....so I took on the responsibility of cooking. I started slowly with hot dogs, pancakes...simple foods. My real mother, was italian and many of us Italian women LOVE to cook and FEED people LOTS of food. By the age of 10, I knew how to make lasagna, stuffed shells, manicotti and stuffed peppers.

Several years ago, my ex-husband started refusing to eat anything that wasn't prepared from scratch...so the Food Network became my favorite TV show.

Now, many people tell me that I'm like a gourmet chef.....I could spend ALL day cooking and baking. I found that it's very therapeutic for me.....

Yes, I know that may be strange for some people....I'm a little quirky perhaps but I'm all good with that!!!
You need to be my woman Mind you, I'm also seeing natalayjones so don't tell her or she'll cut me

Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
This is what I seen on many forums or heard on TV shows as one of their top lists of traits in woman for either a potential g/f or wife. Many were stating how good it makes them feel when their girl cooks even it's not excellent, but they enjoy being served everyday.

I never really liked the kitchen nor care about taking baking classes or learning new recipes. The only times I ever made something it was when my mother wasn't available and I had to boil some spaghetti before heading to work or frying something fast for my younger brother (when being home alone mainly). I only do the basic stuff such as boiling water for either soup, spaghetti, macaroons, etc, rice, or frying as survival (if I didn't have enough money to buy cakes or Chinese nor call for delivery) but in terms of making someone food everyday or more complicated dishes, no I leave that to my mother... I also have no patience for cooking for many people esp. in family reunions.

LOL are you serious? ha ha, I get up every morning and prepare a big breakfast with free range eggs, toast, hashbrowns and OJ. In the after noon I cook things like tacos with free range meat, imported Italian pizza and other stuff.. I LOVE TO EAT HEALTHY NUTRITIOUS FOOD!!

As far as your question, I don't expect every women to know how to cook but I hope she has some kind of hobby that she is very passionate about. Women who just work to pay the bills and do nothing else seem to fizzle out early. As a matter of fact, I just met a girl who likes to croshay (that's old skool); I'LL TAKE IT!!

Old 01-17-2010, 06:45 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I only cook because I want to eat. No one claims my meals taste good.
The same reason I had to make spaghetti and another time it was macaroons. Apart from my mother not coming on time and heading to work, I was very hungry.

On another occasion it was rice with tuna. It was very simple because all that had to be done is make the rice and once it's done, pour canned tuna on it.
Breakfast it's easier because it's either toast with fried eggs, precooked pancakes, French fries or sometimes a steak. Creativity is not required there.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:48 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
As far as your question, I don't expect every women to know how to cook but I hope she has some kind of hobby that she is very passionate about. Women who just work to pay the bills and do nothing else seem to fizzle out early. As a matter of fact, I just met a girl who likes to croshay (that's old skool); I'LL TAKE IT!!
I'm very passionate on going back to school and working on getting a psychology degree, becoming a checkers champion, by job and staying on it, traveling in the future, getting a cat, etc.... but not cooking nor having kids....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships