Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi max's mama,

I kind of felt a little off the scalp on that. I guess we are better friends than I thought since I retained the affectation of polite society.

Consider the battle axe buried.

Quote:
I don't for a second think that you are rude or an idiot. I think highly of you.
Quote:
I feel likewise. I am really getting to know some people in this thread.
Quote:
And come on, be honest; there was a second you considered I am a bastard at one time or another.
[/quote]
[/quote]It was just one big misunderstanding. Nope, not even for a second I considered you a bastard. You are opinionated, just like me. I'd be a hypocrite if I thought negative of you.
Although, I do have to say, that sometimes, your parables and posts escape my simple mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Any man who doesn't care about the taste of food and is happy to eat frozen or boxed convenience meals and fast food gets viewed very suspiciously by me. Most people who eat that way are destined to become fat and generally unhealthy, and I have no use for such a mate. Men have a little more leeway with that diet since their larger muscle mass allows them to burn that kind of food off more effectively, but still... I know what convenience food-eating women my age look like and it isn't pretty!

Old 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
[/quote]It was just one big misunderstanding. Nope, not even for a second I considered you a bastard. You are opinionated, just like me. I'd be a hypocrite if I thought negative of you.
Although, I do have to say, that sometimes, your parables and posts escape my simple mind.[/quote]

Greeting MM,

Someone suggested I write down my nightmares which usually occurs after I don't have enough money for good liquor. I don't know what they mean either.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Any man who doesn't care about the taste of food and is happy to eat frozen or boxed convenience meals and fast food gets viewed very suspiciously by me. Most people who eat that way are destined to become fat and generally unhealthy, and I have no use for such a mate. Men have a little more leeway with that diet since their larger muscle mass allows them to burn that kind of food off more effectively, but still... I know what convenience food-eating women my age look like and it isn't pretty!
I think the most I've ever weighed was 140. After my last relationship ended, I lost weight and went down to a size 28 waist. I walk everywhere I go, and I have a very physical job. Weight isn't an issue.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post

Hi Onglet39,

I love reading your posts. Once again they are the essence of lucid reductionism. I came to the same conclusion many years ago.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:20 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I actually have fun in the kitchen trying new things. I get in moods when I want to learn new recipes and go for big meals. However, if someone expects it from me, they can forget it. I won't do anything just because it's some archaic expectation.
Interesting concept. Do you expect men not to follow archaic expectations? Would you get upset if he didn't offer to pay the bill on the first date? Or warm up the car for you on a frosty day? Would you be grateful that he did that? Or just, "Meh, whatever?" How about dropping you off at the door and parking 100 yards away and walking in the rain?

Some might consider that sort of male behavior to be unnecessary....and perhaps, even archaic.

I don't know that I would expect that from a woman. I think I am archaic. Or maybe, I just have different expectations from women. Also, it earns me brownie points. And I love her, and don't want her to have to get in a cold car. I think she appreciates it. She tells me, "thank you" and I get a quick kiss. That gives me a warm feeling inside. Maybe, because I feel like I'm being useful. Most men, I think, want to feel useful.

Thank you for your post. It has caused me to do some deep soul searching about expectations. I'm going to ponder this for a while.

Hrmmm.

Hrmmmm.

I wonder if I should expect my wife to be a good mom to my kids. I wonder if that is archaic. Wasn't part of our weding vows. We've never even talked about it. It's just always been kind of assumed on my part. Kind of like how she assumes I'm going to provide for her and our kids. Never really had a discussion about "Now, you're the breadwinner. Go make some bread."

And you know what they say about assumptions.

Man, this is like, really interesting. I expect to have sex, at some point or other, as it is part of a healthy relationship, and she's just so damn hot. - - HOT, like FIRE HOT.---- I think she expects me to get the oil changed in the car. Perhaps some expectations are archaic. Perhaps all expectations should be reevaluated for archaic-ness and if found to be archaic, should be looked upon with the magnifying glass and reassigned to be as equal as possible.

I don't think she will look at me the same when I tell her to get out and change a flat in the rain.

/I made myself laugh at that thought.

P.S. I'm grateful for every little (and large) thing my wife does for me. I am so thankful that out of all the men in the world, she chose me. I don't consider myself a prize catch. We all have our little foibles (as does she.) There are some things I expect from her. And some things she expects from me. Cooking isn't one of them. But I could see how it could be...and I can see how this could be an issue for some. Thanks again for your post. It got me thinking of how much she does and how I should tell her I appreciate it...much more than I have been saying. I'm going to rectify that.

Last edited by 70Ford; 01-22-2010 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
I think we are allowed to expect things from our wife. After all, they expect things from us too.

I expect my wife to be a good cook. If/when we have children, I want to be assured that she can feed them properly. And feed me as well of course.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 PM

917 posts, read 2,948,634 times
I've grown to love cooking in the last 5 months now that I live with my BF. He does all the clean-up which was always the thing I hated most. I didn't cook much before we lived together because I have such a hectic schedule, but now that we make a point of eating together most days, I've been forced to cook. I guess it helps that I have a knack for it, but it really isn't as hard as people make it out to be. The only thing I'm still not comfortable making is red meat, which I don't particularly like anyway. My favorite dish to make is salmon, brown rice and broccoli- it's really healthy, delicious and I can make the whole thing in about 20 minutes.

I can cook, sew and clean, but I'm finding that these traits are becoming rarer and rarer among women my age (early 20s). It's a shame, because it makes life simpler when you know how to do these things.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:21 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I can cook, sew and clean, but I'm finding that these traits are becoming rarer and rarer among women my age (early 20s). It's a shame, because it makes life simpler when you know how to do these things.
And even simpler if someone else does it for you.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:28 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
I really have to wonder about people who can't even cook the simplest meals. How hard can it be to follow a simple recipe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships