Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,340,815 times

Advertisements

My brother, whom I will call Mr. Dog is splitting up with his SO. He says this woman is the worst partner he's ever been with. He says she is the kind of person who would never show sympathy, moral support and always finds a reason to fight or argue.
He told me the only good thing about her was the sex but as far as having other good qualities, she hardly had any. He got tired of trying and trying to work it out. Each time she promised she will change her ways but 2 weeks later was back to her old self.

Would you call it quits if your SO was this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Yep.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
My brother, whom I will call Mr. Dog is splitting up with his SO. He says this woman is the worst partner he's ever been with. He says she is the kind of person who would never show sympathy, moral support and always finds a reason to fight or argue.
He told me the only good thing about her was the sex but as far as having other good qualities, she hardly had any. He got tired of trying and trying to work it out. Each time she promised she will change her ways but 2 weeks later was back to her old self.

If I had done my best to try and work it out and nothing changed, I'd be hard-pressed to continue. Can't say as I blame him.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times
Sometimes after you've tried so long and so hard it becomes obvious that nothing will ever change and it's time to move on. I wish your brother the best as he tries to reclaim his life and happiness.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:08 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,988,406 times
There is no way anyone can judge which partner was the "worse". Each partner will have their view point and complaints. No partner is perfect, no relationship is perfect. I'm sure your brother is not perfect. That said, if the relationship is not working - it's not working. Rather than trying to assign blame or "spin" complaints into justifications, it's best to end the relationship with grace and as few hard feelings as possible.
I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,286,787 times
Quote:

Could - and did. Oddly enough, the sex was the only good part of that relationship as well.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:

Actually the solution is obvious. He needs to break up with her, start another relationship with someone who is nurturing and kind, and cheat on her WITH this woman....

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.
Probably just a disciple of Leykis 101 - I see more and more of them around lately.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,689,196 times
Possibly.

The bottom line is, people never change their ways. People don't lie once, cheat once, or steal once. When it comes to innate behavior, people tell you they will change, but they don't. At least not for long. Some people just have crossed wires, and once a person has reached adulthood, uncrossing their wires is like unscrambling eggs.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Quote:
He told me the only good thing about her was the sex but as far as having other good qualities, she hardly had any.
Men should be more suspicious of such women from the get go, but then again, where's the fun in that?

This sort of advice will fall flatter than a blob of Jello on the surface of a black hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships