Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 07:04 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times

Advertisements

I have to agree with those that stated, a guy who brings his woman to guys night out, will never be invited to guys night out again. If you HAVE to bring her, then just don't come at all. And it goes both ways. I know women who will get pissed off to the extreme if there is a ladies night out, and one of the women brings her boyfriend or husband. Just the other day my wife invited a friend of hers to a girls night out, and her friend bought her boyfriend. Man was everyone pissed,and now I'm pissed, cause I still have to keep hearing my wife tell me how this lady ruined their evening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 08:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
My husband is out at a guys night...just hanging out, shooting pool, drinking...it's a farewell party for a guy. I didn't go-didn't really want to. I wanted my husband to have some fun with the guys because I know how important that is.

Anyway, this guy (he's a db) shows up with his wife...she's the only chick there. It kind of put a damper on the time...

So, how does everyone feel about wives/girlfriends showing up for a guys night?
I read through the whole thread but remain a little confused by the words bolded. If it really was an understood boy's night out then why would you say that you didn't go because you really didn't want to, etc. Maybe the guy who brought his wife didn't understand that it was a firm boy's only night? Sometimes communication isn't as good as it should be. Just a thought!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:10 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
My husband is out at a guys night...just hanging out, shooting pool, drinking...it's a farewell party for a guy. I didn't go-didn't really want to. I wanted my husband to have some fun with the guys because I know how important that is.

Anyway, this guy (he's a db) shows up with his wife...she's the only chick there. It kind of put a damper on the time...

So, how does everyone feel about wives/girlfriends showing up for a guys night?
Wrong, wrong, wrong beyond wrong. I feel sorry for guys who are married to women who are so insecure they can't let him out of her sight.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:14 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
My DH has some friends that have wives/SOs like that. They just flat out refuse to even let them go out for a guys night!

My DH goes out w/ his friends about once a week for beers and wings, I don't mind! LOL I usually mix up a martini and surf CD.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:20 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
My DH has some friends that have wives/SOs like that. They just flat out refuse to even let them go out for a guys night!

My DH goes out w/ his friends about once a week for beers and wings, I don't mind! LOL I usually mix up a martini and surf CD.
My mom and dad were always like that. She even tells me to get him out of here.LOL..... It isn't like she would want to go anyway? When you are retired you need some space apart. They have their own interests they do by themselves and some they do together. It has seemed to work for them as they are still married. Rugged

Old 01-16-2010, 08:23 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
My mom and dad were always like that. She even tells me to get him out of here.LOL..... It isn't like she would want to go anyway? When you are retired you need some space apart. They have their own interests they do by themselves and some they do together. It has seemed to work for them as they are still married. Rugged
Yeah really. Go, GO PLEASE! Now I don't have to cook dinner. Yay 4 me!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah really. Go, GO PLEASE! Now I don't have to cook dinner. Yay 4 me!
You don't want to go shopping with her anyway! I'll just be a few minutes. An hour later she comes out of the store. I'm going to run errands. 8 hours later she comes home with a van load of stuff!LOL...........

Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 AM

549 posts, read 1,929,468 times
He sounds more whipped than the cream that can make ordinary ice cream into fattening bliss.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:40 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Some of the large horizontal Creeper now even come with mattress.

heehee

I do lot of fishin' in one of my boats or on shore. It's very peaceful, serene, & beautiful scenes.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Some of the large horizontal Creeper now even come with mattress.

heehee

I do lot of fishin' in one of my boats or on shore. It's very peaceful, serene, & beautiful scenes.

At least someone knows what I'm talking about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships