Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 PM

4 posts, read 143,246 times

Advertisements

Ok, so i have been cheated on alot in the past and due to that fact, i have a hard time trusting people. I always question what people are really doing and if there telling me the truth about where they are or who there with.. So ive been hearing alot about cellphone tracking and spying. I signed up and have been tracking my boyfriends cellphone location for the last 2 days. So far i havent seen anything unusual but i've been thinking... is this going too far? He doesn't know im doing this and im not going to tell him. I know he talks to his ex girlfriend that he dated for 3 years and he says there just good friends now.. i said its fine if they talk but i better not catch him hanging out with her. Lately i found out they have been talking alot.. So do i have the right to track his cell phone, or do you think this is stepping over boundaries?

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 01-16-2010 at 02:56 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 11:04 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
I think this is crossing the line of "obsessive, psycho, I WILL boil your bunny."

Sorry, but I've never believed in constant 24/7 monitoring. I think it's a sign that something is wrong with the relationship. The only time it would seem permissible was if someone had a serious suspicion (and I mean with facts and details and etc. - not just, "oh he didn't call me every hour today like he usually does") his/her SO was cheating. Then, if you see the person hitting up XYZ Motel, you might figure out the truth.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 PM

well if you been through what i been through you would understand. I think im going to stop but were thinking about getting married soon and i dont want to marry a guy that may be cheating on me. I don't plan to spy on him for long, just long enough to make sure he isnt doing what he shouldn't be.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flow12 View Post
well if you been through what i been through you would understand. I think im going to stop but were thinking about getting married soon and i dont want to marry a guy that may be cheating on me. I don't plan to spy on him for long, just long enough to make sure he isnt doing what he shouldn't be.
The fact that you're spying on him already speaks manifold about your relationship.

I understand that you've been put through cheating numerous times, but you have to be able to trust him - especially if you're planning on marrying him. Have there been signs that he may be cheating? If not, then don't put yourself through this.

Spying freaks most men out. It's a little too invasive for my tastes.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:21 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
You're stepping way over the line, and if/when he finds out you've been monitoring him, I bet he gives you the well-deserved boot.

You dont sound like you're ready for a relationship at all. If you cant trust, there is NO relationship that can survive.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you are spying on people you say you want to trust and whom you want to trust you. that is what you do with adversaries.
not a life's partner and friend. as to the avalanche of women on CDF who hack and publish on CDF SO emails, no boundaries and a bad double standard, no woman would tolerate that kind of betrayal, why should men? i would dump you in a jiffy.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:27 PM

If he found out (which he won't) i think he would understand... thats why we have been thinking about marriage and not jumping into it... ive told him that i couldnt go through another bad relationship again and the fact that we would be married could sink me too low to get back out there... He is a good guy but lately hes been different - hes the one that brought up marriage and i think after i told him i need to think about alot of things and not sure if im ready it pushed him away a little bit and thats why i have my suspicions he may be up to something. I just need to be sure.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flow12 View Post
Ok, so i have been cheated on alot in the past and due to that fact, i have a hard time trusting people. I always question what people are really doing and if there telling me the truth about where they are or who there with.. So ive been hearing alot about cellphone tracking and spying. I signed up and have been tracking my boyfriends cellphone location for the last 2 days. So far i havent seen anything unusual but i've been thinking... is this going too far? He doesn't know im doing this and im not going to tell him. I know he talks to his ex girlfriend that he dated for 3 years and he says there just good friends now.. i said its fine if they talk but i better not catch him hanging out with her. Lately i found out they have been talking alot.. So do i have the right to track his cell phone, or do you think this is stepping over boundaries?
Being that you are a girl. I'm all for it. The thing is:

1. Don't feel guilty about it.

2. Check it EVERY NOW AND THEN, don't get crazy with it, just know it's in your back pocket if need be.

3. Don't let him find out.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 01-16-2010 at 02:58 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
He's the one that brought up marriage and YOU suspect HIM? He might be acting differently to give you the space to "think about alot of things". Why not just try talking to him? You know, actually having an adult conversation about feelings, etc without playing Harriet the Spy?
It also tells me that if you keep on, you're going to lose him either by breakup or divorce...and most of it would be on your shoulders.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
He's the one that brought up marriage and YOU suspect HIM? He might be acting differently to give you the space to "think about alot of things". Why not just try talking to him? You know, actually having an adult conversation about feelings, etc without playing Harriet the Spy?
It also tells me that if you keep on, you're going to lose him either by breakup or divorce...and most of it would be on your shoulders.
The fact of life is that most people are liar's, everyone sin's, everyone lies, and everyone has cheated. Whether they were married or not, whether they loved the person more then life itself. Things happen and if you knew my past, and my present position, the whole deal, which i wouldn't type out because it would take me a hour to type it, and 2 hours for you to read it and understand exactly what im talking about, then you might have the right to judge.

Last edited by flow12; 01-15-2010 at 11:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships