Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 AM

612 posts, read 1,843,607 times

Advertisements

I think you have shot... Just got to play your cards right. I would advise to ask her to do something outside of work that doesn't consist of a date, that way you can see how she acts outside the professional environment. Get to know her and make sure she is still dating potential.

Sure she may be the girl of your dreams but would you rather ask her out and have her say no and ruin any kind of potential with her? Or would you rather get to know her, build that chemistry a bit more and then know for sure to go for it and/or just remain good friends and have something happen over time?

I was in the same position months ago (as some remember ... I asked her to lunch just as friends to get a feel for her... I actually read everything wrong and kinda confessed that I liked her but we are still friends to this day if not best of friends.

That's just something to keep in mind. Though it seems like you are confident about this girl so go for it! Best of luck bro and get back to us. Age doesn't mean anything. I know most girls my age seem like they aren't ready for relationships but if you feel like she has potential then .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:51 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
So hurry up and ask her out already! Those of us over 30 don't have time to WAIT! LOL
Are you sure you don't need a fire extinguisher as well? Another one of CD's women on fire guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjSm0...eature=related

Old 01-17-2010, 04:48 PM

17 posts, read 66,499 times
She's too young for a serious relationship. You will get hurt.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I am of the firm belief that you should always go after what you want. The worst thing that can happen is that your ego gets bruised. It's important that you prepare yourself for the worst though, so that you are not absolutely crushed if your dream girl doesn't come true.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.astley View Post
Nonsense! I was 19 and my husband was 20 when we met. That was 31 years ago..... We'll be married 28 years this year....

Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM

133 posts, read 282,289 times
To borrow some phrases i use with the kids in little league baseball.Good things happen when you swing the bat.Meet the ball,don't try to kill it.Pay attention as you run the bases,...what fielder has the ball?Most importantly,....if your pitching you must pitch,not throw the ball.It's time for you to get on the mound.Pitch, not throw something the young lady will swing at.Example,...Would you like to have lunch or dinner with me? I like your company.Have a confident smile and a reply if she says no.Example,...I realized you must have a boyfriend but i had to ask because i like your company and i am single.Example if she says yes,...oh great i was hoping you said yes.Come on young man,....you can't get a hit if you don't swing.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Are you crazy?! You might get rejected!

You got more balls than I'll ever have...

Ahhhhh!! Reverse psychology works wonders.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.astley View Post
The OP is singing one of your songs Rick: "Never Gonna Give You Up".

Old 01-18-2010, 07:09 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times
She said yes...

Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 PM

302 posts, read 607,907 times
Congratulations...that's GREAT!!! I'm so happy for you. I wish you all the best...lots of love and happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
She said yes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships