Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:18 PM

644 posts, read 3,320,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I also told her that I wanted some of my possessions back that she either "borrowed" or that I gave her over the years and she absolutetly refused!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get some of the things that your girlfriend took from you or that you gave to her back? I know a couple VERY good lawyers that deal in these type of situations; I don't care what it costs me, it's not even about getting some of the stuff back, it's the principal of it. I'm going to consult with the lawyer on Tuesday about this and what the options are..
Maybe you want to just let her keep it all. When relationships end, both parties often get resentful and sick over what they gave in the name of love. I've given up my entire life to be with a man in the past. I sold all my personal belongings, but so it goes. We love and learn. Take your learning and move on.

Artie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
I have talked to her and this time is was much less dramatic. We met on my terms at Starbucks and talked for a couple hours. Everything was in the open and we talked over different issues that I wanted settled. She agreed to give my borrowed items back and I agreed to let her keep any gifts. We settled our differences without shouting or getting into a fight, probably the first time that has ever happened. It feels good to be single again.

I'm taking Momof2DFW's advice and I'm going on vacation for a week. A vrey good high school friend's wife just had a baby and they've invited me up to see him. I've kept contact with him all these years but really haven't seen him for many years so this is the perfect time. They live in Dubuque, IA and I'm decided that I could fly into Des Moines and visit my cousin there for 2 days then drive to Dubuque, stay there for 3 days, then come back and fly out. I can also escape this Arizona heat for a week!

My girlfriend and I have decided that we could remain mutual friends but we couldn't get close. It really feels good to have this issue closed.

Free at last, free at last, thank GOD ALMIGHTY I'm free at last.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:13 PM

965 posts, read 4,500,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I have talked to her and this time is was much less dramatic. We met on my terms at Starbucks and talked for a couple hours. Everything was in the open and we talked over different issues that I wanted settled. She agreed to give my borrowed items back and I agreed to let her keep any gifts. We settled our differences without shouting or getting into a fight, probably the first time that has ever happened. It feels good to be single again.

I'm taking Momof2DFW's advice and I'm going on vacation for a week. A vrey good high school friend's wife just had a baby and they've invited me up to see him. I've kept contact with him all these years but really haven't seen him for many years so this is the perfect time. They live in Dubuque, IA and I'm decided that I could fly into Des Moines and visit my cousin there for 2 days then drive to Dubuque, stay there for 3 days, then come back and fly out. I can also escape this Arizona heat for a week!

My girlfriend and I have decided that we could remain mutual friends but we couldn't get close. It really feels good to have this issue closed.

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!!!!!! Stay strong and be sure to keep noodnik at a distance.

Put your pointer finger in the air and make the sign of an "X," meaning done, case closed, and off the list.

Free at last, free at last, thank GOD ALMIGHTY she never got pregnant, and you are free at last.

Have a wonderful time on your trip! Take some time for yourself and heal. Reflect when it's not too painful, and be sure you can spot her type in the future so you can sidestep the type!

Freeeeeeee, freeeeeeee, freeeeeee!

virgo

Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
You could have asked her if she wanted on your booty call list.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:40 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Too soon to be a booty call-feelings are still there and the s e x would keep those feelings.

There might be some women on here that would do one though......

Old 06-06-2007, 11:00 AM

464 posts, read 752,971 times
Good Luck Speedy, have a great vacation.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:09 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
Good luck.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:20 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
LMAO!!! But I agree w/ mrshvo.... too soon afterwards to have emotionally unattached sex. LOL!!! Rance, your killin me and I'm glad I had already swallowed the last bite of my popsicle when I read that. The perfect booty calls will be while he is back in his home state now. Those old high school girlfriends or the ones he always wanted to ask out but never did. Find out where they are and happen to "bump into them". That way you can see what they look like and if they have aged well or taken a dive before risking anything.

I'm glad to hear that the talk and a long one at that went well and I think that will be good for closure for both of you. Everything that needed to get said and heard on both ends did so. Now there won't be any "I should have said........" to think about. Mutual friends is okay but after being together for so long I would not bank on it. It will probably more of the see each other at social gatherings if you have the same circle of friends and it will be cool. Now just promise all the guys out there that when you notice she has been dating the next fella for awhile you might warn him. When you do happen to be at the same place when she has a date by all means do NOT act like it bothers you one single bit. Make the guy out to be all that and more w/o going overboard of course.

Having longtime friends like those from high school is great. My husband is still real good friends w/ a guy since elementary school. Recently his mom passed and we went to the services and to their house afterwards. It had been a LONG time since we have all been around each other. The guys will go to a game or something but I had not seen his wife in forever and had never seen their child. Now our kids have meet. So that is cool. Now get busy and get all your tunes loaded onto your Ipod for the flight and have a GREAT time and enjoy visiting all of your family and friends.

BTW, she is not your "girlfriend" anymore so don't use THAT term.
Free, free at last. Now get out there and have some fun.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:28 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Quote:

Well...it does not have to be a total waste. Maybe you could give her Ronzou's number or something. Or give Ronzou her number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships