Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
As for my age, I am 23 years old, and I turn 24 in April.
Oh, you have plenty of time. Plenty of time. I'm guessing you don't want to hear that, but trust the old lady here, there is so much of life and so many things to see and do with your buddies yet, not to mention people to meet.

And not for nothing, but I do think a lot of my younger peers in the sisterhood don't have their heads on straight. I'm not talking about all of them, or even the majority of them, but a good number of them aren't going to be where you are yet.

Getting back to the whole generational thing--and forgive me for my Gen-X bias--but you're dealing with Millennials. I know you are one, but you don't sound like you have the bad traits that other Millennials are rapidly turning into a stereotype for your generation. Those negative traits are entitlement, self-absorption, impatience, short attention spans, oversharing at a distance (sharing the gories of their doctor's appointments on FB but not being able to have a conversation about the news in person), and obsession with bling. Getting back to what Wanneroo was saying about Baby Boomers, well, Baby Boomers are who raised Millennials, so there you go. Entitlement begets entitlement.

Don't get me wrong: There are good things in every generation and I don't want to turn this thread into an generational war zone. But whereas Gen-Xers were kind of, "meh, we'll get around to it, let's hike around Europe first" at your age and got a reputation as "slackers," Millennials are, "I want it all and I want it NOW and if you can't give it to me, I am going to move on," giving rise to a reputation as the Me Generation 2.0. There's not a whole lot of room for growing, much less growing in a relationship together. They're more concerned with the destination than the path.

It's just that life doesn't work that way--or, it shouldn't, as the ultimate destination is six feet under.

So, do what you've gotta do, focus where you've gotta focus, and enjoy the ride. There's no rush. Really.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:40 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,380 times
This is probably better for another thread - and if the mods see it fit to do so, they're welcome to move this post to a more appropriate thread, but...

The sheer volume of this thread, with the sheer number of posters on here, furhter reinforces the following: I'm very glad my would-have-been kids don't have to go through all this (not just in the battle of the sexes sense, but other areas of life as well). If romance and all the steps in it have, as the final end-game, another human being, then why should we believe THEY will be all that much different from us? Result: The same old cycle of b.s. starts from scratch. Different times, different generation, different faces, same drama and all-around crap - unless we someday develop the technology to upload our very thoughts and experiences into other peoples' brains..including childrens' (but I'm not holding my breath). So...for those who want kids, have'em if you want'em! Me? I refuse to be nature's tool. I'll just live my life as I want without causing problems for anyone else. That, my friends, is true freedom - or at least a good running start toward it.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Tried to rep you, but I guess you were making too many great points on this topic that I needed to "spread some charity reputation around" before I could give you more reps.

But seriously, this is one of the main problems with most Americans and today's America in general. I have never seen a nation and a time period when society has overlooked, humiliated, persecuted, and insult its brightest, selfless, intelligent, genuinely-alpha, reserved, benevolent-assertive, and astute men, broad-brushing them all as "beta losers" while giving the bums who sit on their a**es while being able to "woo" little girls with Pre-K level pop songs, retarded as sin dances, and sorry a** game as "the epitome of a man." And it seems that all of this hit the fan during the 2000s, because I don't recall this BS as rampant during the 1990s; the worshiping of ghetto trash & trailer trash males may have been the case for generations in the urban ghetto streets and rural trailer parks, but during the 2000s, this mentality has rapidly spread to the more "stable parts" of America.

This is why I have a strong feeling that when the economy gets back on its feet, there are going to be a lot of American-based high-paying IT, computer, and consulting jobs that are going to have a lot of men who were rejected in their so-called "homeland" for not being "manly enough" seeking them, and with no hesitation, relocate and work in some country who will have employers (and especially women) who will appreciate American men who are actually astute and intelligent men who have substance and brains. When this happens en masse, then America's days as a nation of innovation and progress are limited . And let's be honest, America's days of giving the world the best innovations were only about a century.

And some of you broads will say "beta man are weak pu....pies" but let's be honest: if the beta dude did the exact same things and had the exact same look and build as the poser-alpha male (yes, poser alpha), you're ready to call him a creep and file a restraining order. Or you'll not only ready to reject his advances, but will humiliate him to the point of making him consider going gay. And don't say many females aren't like that, because for where I live, the broads make tearing down a man's confidence a f**king sport!

As for those who brag about "wooing" the woman, do you want me to do some dumba** Soulja Boy song while looking like Lil Wayne. Or do you want me to act like a complete loud-mouth frat-boy tool while spilling beer on your dress and vomiting down your cleavage. Or do you want me to get eight of my buddies together in order to talk smack and (maybe) beat up one guy who's half my size and is minding his own damn business. Because that's basically what most broads mean by "wooing" in this time and era.

And you know what. I might as well point this out. Being black, it's especially hard for me to be completely masculine. Let me elaborate: I can have a masters, make over $250K and have millions in savings, and wear the most preppy get-up, but if I even dare to talk to a female outside of my race (even if was to compliment her looks), or if I accidentally forget to comb my hair before going to work, or if I have to do a loud burp after drinking a beer (with excusing myself), or if I look like a complete mess after doing some home improvement or fixing a car, or if I don't have that flamboyantly gay accent (no offense to real homosexuals), or if I stand up for myself and others when someone creates a threatening/drama-filled scene, I'm seen as a effin stereotypical thug of the "typical black bum" by most other non-black broads!

All the while, I can do all of the benevolent-manly and authentically-alpha things like build a house, fix a car, stand up for my friends and GF/spouse, and work out to get ripped, but yet to most black broads, if I don't look like I just got out of the slammer or if I don't look like the "rapper of the month," I'm just as effeminate as the chick on the cover or Glamour Magazine, if not worse. And yet the "wannabe-gangsta boys" who are in reality more effeminate than most women are yet seen as the "Paragon of the Modern-Day Masculine American Male." And to the non-black broads, don't think you're innocent of this, for in the place of the "poser thug," you have the trust-fund spoiled preppies, overly tanned and gelled g**dos, and trailer trash stereotypical hicks.

It's garbage like this that makes me have to "reserve my masculinity" and hence causes this passive-aggressive BS all of you broads complain about today. And if this particular situation is something regional related (which I have a fairly good feeling it is, particularly within the "enlightened" BosWash corridor), somebody please reaffirm me a place where men can still be men can be men (and not get seen as a creep/pervert or caught up with the double-standard race crap) and women will still appreciate it. I'm looking at you Colorado and Texas.

And if you don't like what I'm saying, PROVE ME WRONG!
As a fellow brother I feel your pain!!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:51 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Since I am a sociologist and an economist at heart, I have given many explanations for the plummeting value of women as an attractive commodity to men. Women who have listened to lesbian style feminism and fall into delusional narcissism, assuming men like what they like, are sure to have a world of trouble. I too was astounded that women don't like nice in a mate as much as I do.

What do men like and what is the state of the market? I warn you that this will be in my brutal style , but is an accurate assessment of what men are thinking. It is, of course, a gross generalization.

Mr Jones Nubilty Average components

1. Female beauty:
a. Porcine muffin tops are up which has given quite a thrashing to the beauty market. The brand selection has been squeezed and the sales have stopped. Excessive hotness surcharges have sapped discretionary interest to new lows.
b. Generic white box packaging with sown together old socks and sacks on the bottom shelf of the flat heel no longer have that eye catching gloss of enticing serving suggestions. The market is down.

2. Female Disposition:
a. Female femininity mines are on strike. Dilapidated and rust crusted infrastructure and zero budget R & D have cleared the shelves of soft spoken charms and modesty. Dating has taken a primatological shift where kiss and tell is more like a Jane Goodall field entry about Flo on the ape trail. Needless to say, the market is down.

3. Female Fidelity:
a. 24 hour self check out and extra wide doors for 16 foot lumber. Need I say more? The market is down to stick around.

4 Female expense:
a. This is a mixed bag. While income is up so are maintenance charges and up keep . Deft investors may take advantage of cheap teaser rates in short flings but are best to avoid long term relationship balloon charges. Market neutral.

The sliver lining to individual women is that her competition is at an all time low. 40 year old cougars have been given an opportunity to slim down and dress up to bridge the gap of their younger competitors. More men are buying from women who know the market.
The bad news is the existence of quality imports with reliability and sleek styling however it is still dominated by the small scale specialty boutique.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 02-27-2010 at 11:41 AM..

Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,615,910 times
I keep my emotions under the mattress, but thanks for the bull-and-bear report.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The bad news is the existence of quality imports with reliability and sleek styling however it is still dominated by the small scale specialty boutique.
LMAO! Best part of your whole post right here

Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I keep my emotions under the mattress, but thanks for the bull-and-bear report.
I am sure the male market conditions are also poor. The outlook for a woman is through the dirty window of a crack house. Though I hope for an accurate market report from an expert. I can't drive stick worth a damn. My Edmond's review would be a grindy double clutch.

...from the the Bull.
We wait for an angry mother Bear.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I am sure the male market conditions are also poor. The outlook for a woman is through the dirty window of a crack house. Though I hope for an accurate market report from an expert. I can't drive stick worth a damn. My Edmond's review would be a grindy double clutch.
When I start a new relationship I just ask for the GalFax.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
When I start a new relationship I just ask for the GalFax.
I just PMed someone about my new subscription service to the Kohler Street Urinal. Would you like this week's roll? It's double ply.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I just PMed someone about my new subscription service to the Kohler Street Urinal. Would you like this week's roll? It's double ply.
Sounds great - thank you! You never know when you'll need more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.