Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 09:33 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,123,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Avienne,

Looks like static analysis is all the rage. That pressure from Boomers takes some Gen-X women off the market improving the selection of Gen-X men for many Gen-X women.

The trend is still the same.

Relationships with Age Differences (http://www.marriage-relationships.com/age_difference_relationships.html - broken link)
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm missing generation differences in this link. At most it covers up to 6 years of age differences (based on the graph at least). According to your link, older men are not fairing well with significantly younger women.

"However, relationships with large age differences between spouses have been shown to affect the quality of spousal relationships in the form of a diminished value consensus between husbands and wives, and resulting tensions (Presser 1975). Large age differences could also affect the success of marriages.

Statistically, marriages where husbands are considerably older than their wives are more likely to break up than those where couples are of a similar age, or where wives are older than husbands (Tzeng 1992) as demonstrated in relationships with age differences statistics.

A decline in relationships with age differences between spouses has been observed in many countries. including, in the United States in the proportion of marriages where the husband is much older than the wife has decreased while there has been a slight increase in the incidence of wife-older marriages (Mensch 1986)."

Old 03-01-2010, 12:03 AM

20,577 posts, read 19,237,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm missing generation differences in this link. At most it covers up to 6 years of age differences (based on the graph at least). According to your link, older men are not fairing well with significantly younger women.

"However, relationships with large age differences between spouses have been shown to affect the quality of spousal relationships in the form of a diminished value consensus between husbands and wives, and resulting tensions (Presser 1975). Large age differences could also affect the success of marriages.

Statistically, marriages where husbands are considerably older than their wives are more likely to break up than those where couples are of a similar age, or where wives are older than husbands (Tzeng 1992) as demonstrated in relationships with age differences statistics.

A decline in relationships with age differences between spouses has been observed in many countries. including, in the United States in the proportion of marriages where the husband is much older than the wife has decreased while there has been a slight increase in the incidence of wife-older marriages (Mensch 1986)."

Hi Braunwyn,

Uh..??? Who said I was talking about significantly younger women? Men who want marry or commit, do so at an earlier age and are certainly more tempted to do so for many reasons, which of course nature intended. Since age spreads average 6 years, I am going to guess this age spreads out as people age such that men in their 50s, who are desirable, can interest women in their 40s. Since the Boomer cohort is large, it adds supply to Gen-X women.

Thank You for asking for clarification.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,834,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am talking about loving the rejection. If you don't love rejection, you will never find love. People do make accurate self assessments and exude that in their presence. Its female repellent. Your fear of rejection is oozing all over the place. Learn a little body language and you will catch yourself subordinating yourself; and for what? The moment you see someone, they are just a vision in your head and nothing more. They just as often disappoint. I had to get over that too.
The above is silly.

What you don't seem to understand is there are those who get rejected rarely and those who get it a lot. This is the real issue. For someone who it happens to rarely, they have all the successes to think about and can take the attitude "its their loss" when they rarely don't succeed.

For someone who gets rejected a lot, they don't have positive reinforcements to boolster their confidence. Besides, when they aren't getting rejected, its by those who they have little interest in anyway.

This is the issue for most of those men over 40, who could still be available. The fact is, they would likely not be available, if they faced a low rejection rate in their younger years. Now, they see even less reason to put them self through more of the same.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,079,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The above is silly.

What you don't seem to understand is there are those who get rejected rarely and those who get it a lot. This is the real issue. For someone who it happens to rarely, they have all the successes to think about and can take the attitude "its their loss" when they rarely don't succeed.

For someone who gets rejected a lot, they don't have positive reinforcements to boolster their confidence. Besides, when they aren't getting rejected, its by those who they have little interest in anyway.

This is the issue for most of those men over 40, who could still be available. The fact is, they would likely not be available, if they faced a low rejection rate in their younger years. Now, they see even less reason to put them self through more of the same.
Agree 100%..Somebody whos had sucess allot can shrug off a rejection when they know a yes will soon be on its way becasue theyve had enough partners to know they are desirable to the oppsoite sex..

For somebody whos never had sucess rejection is much worse and just more reinfrocement that you arent desired at all by the oppsite sex..

Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,129,640 times
the young ones are too transparent and the women older than me are all dead.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,527,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The above is silly.

When you have women pursuing you, you don't even have to worry about rejection. Even better.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:55 AM

622 posts, read 1,276,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
There actually is something like "Galfax" or "Guyfax" being done nowadays on the internet!

I think it's a great idea! There's certainly not enough drama in the world. You know, you go to "guyfax" and start reading all his crap from ex's and if you're honest, you won't stop there, you'll go to their "galfax" and start reading what he and other guys had to say about her...and the next thing you know...YOU'RE SPENDING ALL DAY LONG READING "EVERYBODIES FAX COMPLAINTS!!! Brilliant!

Theres a lot of hail damage out there these days.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:13 AM

72,817 posts, read 62,160,234 times
Personally, it would be kind of nice to date a so-called "cougar". Anyone between 23-30 is okay. I have another thing to worry about when I decide to pursue a woman: How do I explain to a woman why I am 23, still in college, no job, no car, no drivers license. Alot of women don't even know that from the get go. However, finding a woman who can accept me as I am, for what I am, is the hard part considering what I just listed. I ride a bicycle everywhere(once in a while I take the bus). I am a full-time student without a job. How do I explain that?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,594,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Personally, it would be kind of nice to date a so-called "cougar". Anyone between 23-30 is okay. I have another thing to worry about when I decide to pursue a woman: How do I explain to a woman why I am 23, still in college, no job, no car, no drivers license. Alot of women don't even know that from the get go. However, finding a woman who can accept me as I am, for what I am, is the hard part considering what I just listed. I ride a bicycle everywhere(once in a while I take the bus). I am a full-time student without a job. How do I explain that?
Why explain? It is what it is. People that think 23 year old students should have flash cars and bachelor pads are deluded people that have been watching too much TV and movies.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM

956 posts, read 1,762,363 times
Or maybe they can afford such things because they strip on the side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships