Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 04:46 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im not good looking
I know this is going to sound odd coming from someone who has never been in a relationship, and for that matter, someone who feels unwanted alot, but I need to tell you this: Good looking should be in the eyes of YOU. I am not built like Mr. Universe. I am not that large either. I am kind of short according to some people (I'm 5'5"). So what? I like it that way. I don't want to change my height to fit a woman's standard. I consider myself good-looking, even if another woman doesn't. I have to keep looking myself in the mirror and say to myself that I do look good, in my eyes. You have to do that. I know some women prefer a guy who doesn't look like me. I just have to remind myself that it isn't me who looks bad, it is that woman who had the issue.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I know this is going to sound odd coming from someone who has never been in a relationship, and for that matter, someone who feels unwanted alot, but I need to tell you this: Good looking should be in the eyes of YOU. I am not built like Mr. Universe. I am not that large either. I am kind of short according to some people (I'm 5'5"). So what? I like it that way. I don't want to change my height to fit a woman's standard. I consider myself good-looking, even if another woman doesn't. I have to keep looking myself in the mirror and say to myself that I do look good, in my eyes. You have to do that. I know some women prefer a guy who doesn't look like me. I just have to remind myself that it isn't me who looks bad, it is that woman who had the issue.
Well the women still hold the cards and if they dont find u attractive your gonna be alone

So yeah u can say allthe fluff u want about loving yourself and thinking you're good looking but thats not putting anyone in your bedroom at night..

Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Well the women still hold the cards and if they dont find u attractive your gonna be alone

So yeah u can say allthe fluff u want about loving yourself and thinking you're good looking but thats not putting anyone in your bedroom at night..
It is not putting anyone in my bedroom at night, but I look at it this way: If I have to make changes to the way I am for the sake of getting a girlfriend, then I will end up resenting that woman for the things I sacrificed and resenting myself more for not sticking true to me. Does it suck that I have no girlfriend? Yes it does. Do I feel lonely and unwanted alot? You bet. But do I change my eccentricities to get women to approve of me more? No, because if that woman doesn't want me, there isn't much I can do. I am alone alot and I will admit to jealousy. I do admit that I feel depressed because of it, but it doesn't stop me from looking for a quality woman who will love and accept me for all of my quirks and personality. The women(or many of them), might hold the cards, but it doesn't mean I should give in. It doesn't mean you should give in either. Maybe the reason BOTH of US are single is because we might not have been looking in places that fit us. I now know not to look for a girlfriend at the club scene or the bar scene.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
It is not putting anyone in my bedroom at night, but I look at it this way: If I have to make changes to the way I am for the sake of getting a girlfriend, then I will end up resenting that woman for the things I sacrificed and resenting myself more for not sticking true to me. Does it suck that I have no girlfriend? Yes it does. Do I feel lonely and unwanted alot? You bet. But do I change my eccentricities to get women to approve of me more? No, because if that woman doesn't want me, there isn't much I can do. I am alone alot and I will admit to jealousy. I do admit that I feel depressed because of it, but it doesn't stop me from looking for a quality woman who will love and accept me for all of my quirks and personality. The women(or many of them), might hold the cards, but it doesn't mean I should give in. It doesn't mean you should give in either. Maybe the reason BOTH of US are single is because we might not have been looking in places that fit us. I now know not to look for a girlfriend at the club scene or the bar scene.
I never said i was gonna change who iam either..Just saying it is what it is..

Old 03-23-2010, 12:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
I don’t pursue women because I’m not desirable to them. When women say men should pursue [what] they mean [is] the 5 to 10% women are actually attracted to.
Quote:

Someone like me approaches and I’m just a nuisance.

You’re correct about that. For most women, 2/3 of men merely obstruct the view. Most of the rest have some hope but they must learn to kiss a$$ to get ahead. It is the top 10 percent of men for whom most of the comments (like the title of this post) are written.

A lot has been written about how women have complexes about how they look. It is stated that they are always running themselves down, magnifying minor flaws, worrying about not measuring up, etc. etc. The fact is that if anything, they tend to over rate their looks and over value themselves as partners. It is only when they find themselves vying for the “top talent” that reality sets in and they realize that they don’t have what it takes.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

A lot has been written about how women have complexes about how they look. It is stated that they are always running themselves down, magnifying minor flaws, worrying about not measuring up, etc. etc. The fact is that if anything, they tend to over rate their looks and over value themselves as partners. It is only when they find themselves vying for the “top talent” that reality sets in and they realize that they don’t have what it takes.
I agree 100%..I never bought the whole thing that women are all insecure..Even the ones who say their ugly or unattractive are fishing for compliments or realize they are good looking but not good looking enough to get the most desirable Men

Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
I dont pursue women becasue im not desirable to them..When women say Men should pursue they mean the 5 to 10% women are actually attracted to..

Someone like me approaches and im just a nusiance..
Hmm, when men complain about this, they seem to be approaching women in the top 5-10% desirable range (how do we get these percentages? ), and then they wonder why they get shot down. You may need to lower your standards for physical appearance too.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Hmm, when men complain about this, they seem to be approaching women in the top 5-10% desirable range (how do we get these percentages? ), and then they wonder why they get shot down. You may need to lower your standards for physical appearance too.
Believe me im not looking for 8's 9's and 10's..Even average looking women these days have a princesss entitlement..

Old 03-23-2010, 12:07 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Believe me im not looking for 8's 9's and 10's..Even average looking women these days have a princesss entitlement..

Ah, see, there it is: a bad attitude. They are likely turned off by the bitterness you reek, not your appearance.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Ah, see, there it is: a bad attitude. They are likely turned off by the bitterness you reek, not your appearance.
I dont approach women for them to see bitterness..I just dont waste my time appraoching only to get rejected..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships