Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 03:16 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I just turned 48 on Sunday. I happen to look around 32-35. I've been divorced for 10 years with one 8 year relationship during the 10. I don't care how the phone number exchange goes. I have no idea how the world dates anymore but to me it seems like anything goes. My xhusband's 2nd wife went after him & got herself a doctor. Apparently, it really doesn't matter who chases who, just make the effort & cut the BS.

True. I think part of it is an age thing. I think around that age group, everyone cuts the BS and goes for it. In the 18-25 range, it is a bit more crazy.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You don't lose if you don't play either.

So, why not just go through life with the attitude, "If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then so what?"?
That's my approach.

Of course, I've been accused of being too analytical by folks who are more emotional or "romantic" than I am, but hey, not everyone thinks relationships are the be-all and end-all of human existence.

If it happens, great. If not, well, great, too. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, and what matters is whether you are happy. I can be happy alone. I can also be happy with a good relationship. That's really all there is to it.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 PM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
True. I think part of it is an age thing. I think around that age group, everyone cuts the BS and goes for it. In the 18-25 range, it is a bit more crazy.
Hi pirate_lafitte,

Interesting though that at that age range, we are the most reproductive. Perhaps the BS has a purpose.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:57 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
That's my approach.

Of course, I've been accused of being too analytical by folks who are more emotional or "romantic" than I am, but hey, not everyone thinks relationships are the be-all and end-all of human existence.

If it happens, great. If not, well, great, too. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, and what matters is whether you are happy. I can be happy alone. I can also be happy with a good relationship. That's really all there is to it.
people seem to be REALLY averse to this notion...I havent encountered many people who can grasp the notion that: Yes, life can be enjoyed without a romantic relationship..

No one is entitled to love, nor relationships..so I dont understand the big fuss over being single and/or choosing to be single. Im not saying that I think being single is always better than being in a relationship...just as I dont think that the inverse is true either.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:26 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Default Why don't men pursue women anymore?

Ya hafta understand that for some of us who are seasoned citizens, pursuing a woman is totally dependent upon her standing still long enough for us to catch up with her.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
Why don't men pursue women anymore? Seems it only happens in the movies.

In my own experience, men will give me their phone numbers....and ask me to call them....and I'm 45 years old! This seems messed up.

Any comments gentlemen? Preferably men over 40 to answer please.

(not that the young guys can't answer this.....they don't seem to be the ones afraid....it's the older ones)
Why don;t you approach him? Afterall you want something that you are looking for.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:17 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi pirate_lafitte,

Interesting though that at that age range, we are the most reproductive. Perhaps the BS has a purpose.
I wouldn't know what the purpose for the BS is. At this point, all I can do is try.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 PM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I wouldn't know what the purpose for the BS is. At this point, all I can do is try.
Hi pirate_lafitte,

sophilee in this forum tried to dispense with the "games" and decided to be more friendly and said "hi" to a man at a supermarket. He relentlessly hounded her. Roses have thorns.

Beautiful women and movie stars need all manner of games to attenuate the attention. Animals behave in dances and rituals to see if a mate is suitable. Do you expect to just create human beings as conveniently as possible? Do you think it is not helpful to see if your mate works well under stress?

When a man complains of "games" it is because he does not want to go through the trouble of impressing her, and she should just pry her legs open for his pleasure. 9 months later her reward may be a 3 eyed idiot as her beloved spawn.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:43 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi pirate_lafitte,

sophilee in this forum tried to dispense with the "games" and decided to be more friendly and said "hi" to a man at a supermarket. He relentlessly hounded her. Roses have thorns.

Beautiful women and movie stars need all manner of games to attenuate the attention. Animals behave in dances and rituals to see if a mate is suitable. Do you expect to just create human beings as conveniently as possible? Do you think it is not helpful to see if your mate works well under stress?

When a man complains of "games" it is because he does not want to go through the trouble of impressing her, and she should just pry her legs open for his pleasure. 9 months later her reward may be a 3 eyed idiot as her beloved spawn.
By the same token, the woman should make sure she's worth impressing. It's stupid for women to think that men should have to put in work to impress them when 9 times out of 10, they aren't worth impressing

Old 03-28-2010, 03:01 PM

7,182 posts, read 9,231,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
By the same token, the woman should make sure she's worth impressing. It's stupid for women to think that men should have to put in work to impress them when 9 times out of 10, they aren't worth impressing
What you and gwynedd1 say applies to both males and females. Interesting when you think about it. We have to have an ego to put ourselves out there in the first place. "I'm an 8 and worthy of asking you out." The other side is I'm a 4 and want you an 8 to go out with me? That becomes an insult. But without that ego (or confidence) what happens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships