Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
"Women really don't know what they want."

I don't agree with this. They know very what they want but their intellectual side tells them they can't have it. However, their emotional side generally overrules the intellectual side.

Therefore, what they want is a man their emotional side tells them they should have but they want a guy who's in touch with his emotional side so he won't treat them like crap.This is the essential element of this thread that had lasted for nearly 800 comments. Women let their emotional side rule until they have little option left. Then they wonder where all the men have gone that their intellectual side told them all along they should be looking for. Its a sad paradox.
It was long ago proven by british researchers that what women wanted varied by what time of the month it was for them. They even dress differently and act differently as well. Right around the time of ovulation they dig the type A brutes and then it eventually fades into wanting men that are more emotional and caring.

There might be women that scoff at that, but the research is out there with a number of books, articles and BBC programs that have been put out about it.

Mostly the lesson I learned was not to get on that rollercoaster with them and let yourself be driven by it. Otherwise they'll run you to the ground.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It was long ago proven by British researchers that what women wanted varied by what time of the month it was for them. They even dress differently and act differently as well. Right around the time of ovulation they dig the type A brutes and then it eventually fades into wanting men that are more emotional and caring.

There might be women that scoff at that, but the research is out there with a number of books, articles and BBC programs that have been put out about it.

Mostly the lesson I learned was not to get on that roller coaster with them and let yourself be driven by it. Otherwise they'll run you to the ground.
I've read this before and agree with it. It tends to support my "emotional" thesis. The problem most men have is that they aren't attractive to women at either part of the cycle. In the end, they just count themselves lucky.

This also brings out another "mystery". Why are married women so approachable and easy to have conversation with? This frustrates many men who try hard to crack the shell of single women only to have married women say: "You're such a nice, decent guy. Why aren't you married?", when the fact is such a guy cannot even get to first base with any single woman worth the time.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
I've read this before and agree with it. It tends to support my "emotional" thesis. The problem most men have is that they aren't attractive to women at either part of the cycle. In the end, they just count themselves lucky.

This also brings out another "mystery". Why are married women so approachable and easy to have conversation with? This frustrates many men who try hard to crack the shell of single women only to have married women say: "You're such a nice, decent guy. Why aren't you married?", when the fact is such a guy cannot even get to first base with any single woman worth the time.
THe trick is in getting the married woman to be your spokesperson and best advertiser. Talk you up to those single women that she knows...

Old 03-28-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The trick is in getting the married woman to be your spokesperson and best advertiser. Talk you up to those single women that she knows...
Sorry but speaking from experience, that is pretty scary. Intelligent men avoid match makers if they have any real life experience at all. I've had some bad experiences. Listening to other guys tell about theirs is a real eye opener.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
There's really nothing wrong with a little word of mouth advertising. How do you suppose people used to meet before there was an Internet? They met at school, or work, of lived in the same neighborhood...or it was the "friend of a friend" thing that happened. People never really dated total strangers.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There's really nothing wrong with a little word of mouth advertising. How do you suppose people used to meet before there was an Internet? They met at school, or work, of lived in the same neighborhood...or it was the "friend of a friend" thing that happened. People never really dated total strangers.
Things were very different 50 to 60 years ago. Women wanted to marry men of character. While they weren't always successful, at least by trying, marital success was much higher. Marriage was primarily a matching of people who were close to peers then and this also helped with success.

Today, most women want someone much "better" than them. It is interesting what they want him to bring to the table but nothing is ever said about what they themselves have to offer. Sex is the main attractant in this arena.

Finding such a man is not something your neighbor or granny can do for you.

Generally only those with almost no hope use this approach anymore.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
training, 40 years of a rigorous training program of domestication of WM,
so funny you methodically club them to the ground and then comment on their pathetic posture as though someone else other
than you did it to them.
AA and mexican guys are beginning to look mighty good, they were not given "the treatment".
a riot, you castrate your sons and then comment on their lack of manhood.
you've come a long way gloria steinem.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:

That sounds like something my grandmother would say.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:05 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,919 times
Quote:

This is so true!

I have never gotten past first base with anyone who was single...
Lost my virginity and had my first kiss with a girl while her boyfriend was out of town, and had my only sexual relationship with a woman who was married to a traveling reporter... I get that "how come your single?" question all the time, and did from both those women...

Old 03-29-2010, 09:28 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi pirate_lafitte,

sophilee in this forum tried to dispense with the "games" and decided to be more friendly and said "hi" to a man at a supermarket. He relentlessly hounded her. Roses have thorns.

Beautiful women and movie stars need all manner of games to attenuate the attention. Animals behave in dances and rituals to see if a mate is suitable. Do you expect to just create human beings as conveniently as possible? Do you think it is not helpful to see if your mate works well under stress?

When a man complains of "games" it is because he does not want to go through the trouble of impressing her, and she should just pry her legs open for his pleasure. 9 months later her reward may be a 3 eyed idiot as her beloved spawn.
I am not after sex. I also do not see the point of "impressing" a woman. If I can't be myself, then why pursue that particular woman when I can go else where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships