Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:25 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,675,853 times

Advertisements

If I were single, I wouldn't date someone with false teeth if those false teeth are a result of neglect. I'd want the person I'm with to care about his appearance and health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,848,989 times
People can change.

And when somebody neglected them and then got false teeth - doesn't this mean he cares for his appearance and health now?

Old 11-30-2016, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,394 times
I had crowns and a bridge break and because my teeth are like chalk I went with upper dentures until I can pay for implants, I hate them, they look fine but they're not me, I had no choice at the time..Not bad looking for a 54 yr old but I am very uncomfortable when I eat with them so I choose to eat alone without them, it bothers me....I hope to find someone who can relate.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:59 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,546,449 times
If they were well-fitted, how would you even know, until after you had become committed?

Old 10-28-2018, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 751 times
Bad teeth run in my moms side of the family, shallow roots and low fluoride since I was a child. This added to money troubles meant I had teeth being pulled basically yearly since I was 8-9. Further on down the line with my not so horrible looking front teeth I met the girl I thought I’d marry, we had our troubles but she only ever accepted and tried to help me with the pain my teeth gave me. Eventually the troubles got to us and after 5 years the engagement got called off and we went our separate ways. After a couple years of no success dating due to my deteriorating teeth I came to a point where I had to pull my entire top and bottom aside from my center six bottom teeth. Ever since the adjustment to dentures has all but destroyed my life and I’m hanging on by the seat of my pants. No one wants dentures even when they decide they want them over the condition of their teeth. Since having dentures I’ve had absolute worse luck and I’m confident I’ve been the topic of conversation with some girls I’ve met and their friends. I can’t keep up with this adjustment, my many worries about the thoughts of others were basically confirmed by a thread that I hoped could have shed some light on potentially the most desperate lonely time in my life. I don’t want to be a part of this world any longer.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:23 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,890,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimesitbelikethat View Post
Bad teeth run in my moms side of the family, shallow roots and low fluoride since I was a child. This added to money troubles meant I had teeth being pulled basically yearly since I was 8-9. Further on down the line with my not so horrible looking front teeth I met the girl I thought I’d marry, we had our troubles but she only ever accepted and tried to help me with the pain my teeth gave me. Eventually the troubles got to us and after 5 years the engagement got called off and we went our separate ways. After a couple years of no success dating due to my deteriorating teeth I came to a point where I had to pull my entire top and bottom aside from my center six bottom teeth. Ever since the adjustment to dentures has all but destroyed my life and I’m hanging on by the seat of my pants. No one wants dentures even when they decide they want them over the condition of their teeth. Since having dentures I’ve had absolute worse luck and I’m confident I’ve been the topic of conversation with some girls I’ve met and their friends. I can’t keep up with this adjustment, my many worries about the thoughts of others were basically confirmed by a thread that I hoped could have shed some light on potentially the most desperate lonely time in my life. I don’t want to be a part of this world any longer.
Oh, no. I am so very, very sorry you've been through all this.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:33 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,588,132 times
Yes, I would date someone with fake teeth. Why? Because it looks a lot better than messed up teeth. I would not date someone with messed up looking teeth. Period.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:29 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,244,357 times
Interesting timing- I'd mentioned this on a discussion in Dental Health when people were debating dentures vs. implants. Brief summary of what I said there: I dated a guy who had dentures at age 45 when I was younger. His parents had made sure he got regular care but when he got into the military he kept getting moved before he could see the base dentist and eventually enough of his teeth were bad that they pulled them and he got dentures. So- not due to carelessness. Some of us just have more issues than others. Despite diligent flossing, brushing with a Sonicare and using a WaterPik, this year I've had a root canal AND an implant.

Having said that- he used lots of Poli-Grip, even after he got a new set of dentures. Poli-Grip is tasteless but it's squishy and gelatinous and was a bit of a turnoff when we kissed and I hope I never encounter the stuff again. And it's almost painful for me to watch someone with ill-fitting dentures that slip when they talk (yes, I know it's more painful for them).

I don't think of myself as superficial- I'm not drop-dead gorgeous myself and, at 65, not looking for someone who resembles George Clooney. My current "Mr. Possible" is a bit chubby, rumpled-looking and looks his age, but he's smart, funny, well-traveled and genuinely cares about people. Those factors are more important than appearance. And he doesn't have dentures. Not sure if I'd want to deal with someone with dentures again.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:34 AM

50,111 posts, read 63,494,064 times
I would not. Good, healthy teeth is something that is important to me. I don’t like crooked teeth either. Maybe it’s shallow, but it’s how I feel.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:42 AM

71 posts, read 36,800 times
Are we talking about like 1 replaced tooth? I would be fine with that if it's because of a skiing accident or whatever, but not if half the rest of the mouth looks like it's on it's way down hill.

To me it's more important that overall mouth-health appears to be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships