Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:32 PM

3 posts, read 4,284 times

Advertisements

I am a 36 year old male that has been in a long distance relationship for a while now. She lives abroad and was actually on her way out here to be with me. Recently this woman that is the love of my life basically walked out of my life. We were engaged to be married and when she dropped the bomb, I could not believe it. She cited the reason for leaving to be that she was tired of feeling "not needed" and "unloved" in the relationship. The problem is, I have not been able to understand where this is coming from. I know she once in a while complained but given this was her first relationship, I assumed that she would be alright and come to her senses to realize that the relationship was good. Boy, was I wrong! She not only dropped this bomb but it appears that she is seeing someone else. She recently told me that she has met someone and she is now seeing him casually - whatever that means. I tried so hard to have her back, I tried phone calls, texts emails and finally I cannot even talk to her anymore because she blocked me. So I have found myself alone and talking to myself hoping she is going to soon pick up the phone and call me. I know many will tell me to move on and I have tried and still trying but this has been hard. Does anyone have this sort of experience? I believe that I am a good man and I honestly think that her expectations were way out of this world. She for instance would not take any slight criticism at all even the ones I made before I discovered this side of her. I have honestly believed that she would talk to me but she has broken off all means of communication and it has now been at least 3.5 months since she spoke to me. Does anyone think she will come back? I know this is an unrealistic expecation but does anyone know or can anyone advice how I can talk to this woman? I have avoided travelling to her homecountry to talk to her for fear she thinks I am a stalker or something. When I suggested to her about 2 months ago that I am thinking of coming to talk to her, she reacted in a really bad and unfriendly way and told me not to. Should I hold out hope? Or should I just count my loses and try to forget her (I have tried everything in the book and I have been pretty much unsuccessful). The incessant phone calls and texts I have been making might have turned her away - the question is, how do I reach out to her and apologize for this? How can I apologize for wanting to talk to her so bad? I always knew this woman as one that would be there for me always and it always seemed like she needed more more but now it almost seems like she does not feel anything for me, she simply does not seem to care at all! How can I make her remember the good times we shared. Or has her new man taken this away from us and she will never be able to miss or even to think about it? I have been devastated for a really long time now even though I have to admit I feel far much better today than I did a month ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:48 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,559,441 times
sounds like she has moved on and you need to do the same. it will take a while, but it will happen. good luck.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
I'm moving this over to the relationships board ...

Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
You are a stalker and you need to find a new target. When a woman blocks your phone, emails and texts she has no intention of comingback to you and wants you OUT of her life. No stalker is ever a good man. It sounds like you thought that her lack of relationship experience would make her think that you are a great catch, but even with her lack of experience she pegged you as someone who is NOT relationship material.

Maybe you really need to re-think the "I'm a good man" thing.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:10 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
The only way you will get over her is to move on. Go out, enjoy yourself, forget about her the best you can. You want to find someone who loves you as much as you love them, do not settle.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:13 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Let her go. You'll only hurt yourself by trying to hold onto her. Move along. Find someone else. Try to take along something you've learned from this relationship to the next one, but otherwise forget her.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
My heart goes out to the OP. There r no fast answer to healing a broken heart, just know healing always comes...

Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombana View Post
I am a 36 year old male that has been in a long distance relationship for a while now. She lives abroad and was actually on her way out here to be with me. Recently this woman that is the love of my life basically walked out of my life. We were engaged to be married and when she dropped the bomb, I could not believe it. She cited the reason for leaving to be that she was tired of feeling "not needed" and "unloved" in the relationship. The problem is, I have not been able to understand where this is coming from. I know she once in a while complained but given this was her first relationship, I assumed that she would be alright and come to her senses to realize that the relationship was good. Boy, was I wrong! She not only dropped this bomb but it appears that she is seeing someone else. She recently told me that she has met someone and she is now seeing him casually - whatever that means. I tried so hard to have her back, I tried phone calls, texts emails and finally I cannot even talk to her anymore because she blocked me. So I have found myself alone and talking to myself hoping she is going to soon pick up the phone and call me. I know many will tell me to move on and I have tried and still trying but this has been hard. Does anyone have this sort of experience? I believe that I am a good man and I honestly think that her expectations were way out of this world. She for instance would not take any slight criticism at all even the ones I made before I discovered this side of her. I have honestly believed that she would talk to me but she has broken off all means of communication and it has now been at least 3.5 months since she spoke to me. Does anyone think she will come back? I know this is an unrealistic expecation but does anyone know or can anyone advice how I can talk to this woman? I have avoided travelling to her homecountry to talk to her for fear she thinks I am a stalker or something. When I suggested to her about 2 months ago that I am thinking of coming to talk to her, she reacted in a really bad and unfriendly way and told me not to. Should I hold out hope? Or should I just count my loses and try to forget her (I have tried everything in the book and I have been pretty much unsuccessful). The incessant phone calls and texts I have been making might have turned her away - the question is, how do I reach out to her and apologize for this? How can I apologize for wanting to talk to her so bad? I always knew this woman as one that would be there for me always and it always seemed like she needed more more but now it almost seems like she does not feel anything for me, she simply does not seem to care at all! How can I make her remember the good times we shared. Or has her new man taken this away from us and she will never be able to miss or even to think about it? I have been devastated for a really long time now even though I have to admit I feel far much better today than I did a month ago.
So glad you are feeling a bit better today - having your heart broken is like recovering from a long painful illness. Just be good to yourself, get a lot of rest, eat right, and try not to think about her too much.

Sorry to say, I do not think she is coming back. And because she isn't, you have to start moving forward in your life again okay?

STOP immediately with any texting, calls or emails. This is not making you attractive to her at all! In fact, needy men are a huge turnoff for most women. You are just losing more respect by continuing to try to reach her. You really need to hear me on that, okay?

Turn your focus to other things - get a good workout routine established, go out and be with friends, just STAY BUSY. This too shall pass, I promise.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You are a stalker and you need to find a new target. When a woman blocks your phone, emails and texts she has no intention of comingback to you and wants you OUT of her life. No stalker is ever a good man. It sounds like you thought that her lack of relationship experience would make her think that you are a great catch, but even with her lack of experience she pegged you as someone who is NOT relationship material.

oh please

Even "good men" get desparate sometimes and do stupid things they shouldn't out of that desparation. I'm sure he is a fine man - he just wasn't the right man for her.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post

Exactly!

Our dear buddy thought he found a very young, pretty, inexpeperienced, foreign thing he could mold, criticize, and control, but it didn't happen. How sad, too bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombana View Post
I am a 36 year old male

I know she once in a while complained but given this was her first relationship, I assumed that she would be alright and come to her senses to realize that the relationship was good.

She for instance would not take any slight criticism at all even the ones I made before I discovered this side of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships