Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times

Advertisements

My other thread I just made, got me thinking about this....

Have you ever pretended to be someone you're not to get perks etc.

Could be a famous person. Its crossed my mind at times but have never gone through with it, mainly because I see it as deceitful and thats not me. Have people I know though who have done it, eg. pretended to be an All Black (rugby player) in order to get female company that evening.

What about you ever done it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 07:54 AM

10,208 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Not really. Once, when I was a teen, my friend and I were bored so while we were at the mall, we started talking in English accents. No one asked us where we were from or anything so it's not like we made up alter egos and lied to people - we were just goofing around and thought talking in an accent would entertain ourselves.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:58 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
I would never do it because that's just not me ... but people do it every day! Married people pretending to be single so they can get dates; single people pretending to be married so they don't get hit on. All kinds of reasons...

Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 AM

443 posts, read 1,792,538 times
if you knew the real me you'd probably want me dead

I'm like George Costanza.. My whole life is lie

Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Someone I know, called a certain place, which holds an annual "----- party" with mostly celebs in attendence, and pretended to be calling on behalf of a sharholder in that company, then asked for 2 passes to be mailed out to another "well known" investor so he can attend the event.

That "someone" actually recieved the passes, but never wen't after he learned it was theft by deception.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
I used to tell people I was Denzel Washington.

Unfortunately, nobody believed me.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

Could be a famous person. Its crossed my mind at times but have never gone through with it, mainly because I see it as deceitful and thats not me. Have people I know though who have done it, eg. pretended to be an All Black (rugby player) in order to get female company that evening.

I actually knew two All Blacks. I was at a club with them one night, but nobody knew who they were.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:05 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

First of all what the heck is an All Black?

I didn't pretend to be a celebrity, but the bartender wouldn't believe me that I wasn't one time. She insisted I was trying not to be noticed. She told me my bill was on the house, which was pretty large since all my coworkers were eating and drinking on my tab all of a sudden. Hey, who am I to argue with a bartender, I tried to tell her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I used to tell people I was Denzel Washington.

Unfortunately, nobody believed me.

Hi Denzel, I'm Jennifer Nicole Lee - Wanna rumble?

Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
My friends and i used to go to a rock club in Newcastle, just over the english border, for purposes of drink and debauchery.

The first time we went, we found folks couldn't really understand our broad Scottish accents, it was quite noisy in there, and if we had to shout, nobody knew what we were saying.

After that, if we went back, we would all pretend to be German, to get attention from the ladies !!

Surprisingly, it worked quite well !!

Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I actually knew two All Blacks. I was at a club with them one night, but nobody knew who they were.
I don't know what an All Black is someone please tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships