Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:27 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,541 times

Advertisements

What would it be like if on a relationship there were no arguments ever? If they both agree on everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:39 PM

768 posts, read 943,968 times
I've had many.

They are called whores. I prefer in-call.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:03 AM

61,875 posts, read 87,361,740 times
oh... oh.... it would be just toooooooooooo sweeeeeeet... puke! puke! puke!

Old 01-23-2010, 02:09 AM

56 posts, read 107,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
What would it be like if on a relationship there were no arguments ever? If they both agree on everything?
No because that would mean that one of us doesn't have an opinion.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:20 AM

612 posts, read 1,844,815 times
Sounds lovely *gag*....

Really kinda boring. I always find a reason to argue , most times unintentionally. But like the above poster said, then we wouldn't really have an opinion.

You can only hope for that kind of relationship but really not possible. I'm sure even in Pleasantville, they argued once in awhile.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 AM

7 posts, read 19,719 times
Quote:
Depends on how you look at an argument. If you agree to disagree, then even arguments are not 'arguments' in the sense of being serious conflicts. I think it is useful and necessary to avoid serious conflicts in a relationship, as these are the fractures that can lead to break up. Couples need to know how to disagree. If they do that well, then they can 'argue', but it's rarely a problem. In fact, gaining different views without feeling that your own views are being threatened is a wonderful atmosphere to live in.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:18 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
Dull, boring, vapid, lacking in mental stimulation and probably a sign that the couple never talks.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:28 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,883,120 times
Mr & Mrs.Smith ..no arguments ..just aim & fire ..sounds fair !

Old 01-23-2010, 04:11 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,292,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W P View Post
Depends on how you look at an argument. If you agree to disagree, then even arguments are not 'arguments' in the sense of being serious conflicts. I think it is useful and necessary to avoid serious conflicts in a relationship, as these are the fractures that can lead to break up. Couples need to know how to disagree. If they do that well, then they can 'argue', but it's rarely a problem. In fact, gaining different views without feeling that your own views are being threatened is a wonderful atmosphere to live in.
Thank-you Mark for injecting a much-needed different perspective. What you have said describes my marriage. And it is a wonderful atmosphere to live in. Maybe wisdom comes with age and one learns that the drama of a volatile relationship is an empty "excitement" we can live without. It is the second time around for both of us and the first time around we each lived with arguers - and neither of us wanted another high-drama relationship that was filled with bickering and angry words that need to be sucked back and forgiven and "made up" for. We wanted a relationship that in addition to an incredible sexual energy and a very real meeting of the minds, is also replete with respect and calm energy.

We do disagree on many things. We have very different views on many social and political issues - and we have dissimilar parenting methods - but we allow the other his or her opinion. We don't "fight" over stupid things - we don't argue over anything - we discuss and we come to a compromise. We are never rude to each other. And I mean never.

If that is "boring" I'll take it any day over the Jerry Springer relationships that are rampant in our society and the ridiculous stupid arguments that I hear about from co-workers.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:31 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,644,854 times
Boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships