Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:31 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post

BTW, what does it mean to "rep" someone?
You send a thumbs up face to them. I guess people rack up flyer myles for the more thumbs up you get.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:32 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Of course women are just as obesseed with looks as men are; maybe even moreso. It's only the ugly women who complain about men being overly concerned with a women's looks. Just like it's usually the tubby women who bee-yatch and moan about how men are obsessed with skinny women, or that the fashion industry has set impossible standards for regualr women. Women complain about what they don't have by turning the tables and making that "something" seem wrong. This is what psychologists call "deflection" and women learn this behavior as young girls. While little Johnny is confrontive and meets his problems head-on, little Janie, not being strong enough or tough enough or brave enough to directly deal with the issue, instead "deflects" by running to Mommie or Daddy and telling. Or by trying to get her friends to conspire with her in order to socially ostracize her tormentor.
So next time you here some woman complaining about something like this, just realize it's their coping skills kicking in, and take it all with a grain of salt.
I suspect this is your advice when considering this rant? And all your rants? Sounds right as rain to me lol.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:50 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
I have dated men who are not beautiful....or young....or blessed with a ripped body. Why? Because they had other good qualities I valued more than their looks.

What happened? Why are you so bitter?

Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 PM

964 posts, read 3,159,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Money, fame or power will trump looks almost every time when it comes to women.
That'd explain why House is loved by so many girls then because it sure as hell aren't looks

Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
When did 40 and 50 become young??? What the
I resemble that remark!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
BTW, what does it mean to "rep" someone?
//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/5...discussed.html

Old 01-21-2010, 07:12 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I protest

When did 40 and 50 become young??? What the
You're only as old as ya feel, baby!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
That'd explain why House is loved by so many girls then because it sure as hell aren't looks
As she said, money, fame, power. I don't know how much money that character has, but he has his fill of fame and power.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:

Women, I think it's fine to be attracted to a great face and body. We men are the same way. Just get off your high horses and admit it.
What would this accomplish? If that is your belief, then so be it - I don't see the need to have others affirm it.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:05 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Did this thread seriously begin?

How come we don't have one of those emoticons with the smiley rolling on the floor and laughing while kicking his tiny feet?

You know, years ago I was pretty lousy with women and despite some decent looks and a good body I couldn't get a date to save my life.

Then a friend got me to go to the gym and I took to it like a duck to water. The timing was right, I just exploded with muscle like a second puberty, having begun at the time when my body was trying to switch from the lean, boyish muscle to that thicker, man-type muscle (shut it, you jokesters, there'll be no man-muscle cracks here).

For three months my routine was work, home, chow hall, gym, home, work, et cetera.

One evening we decided to take a break and hit the club and when I walked in I got immediate attention, some of it from women who'd openly rejected me just three months before. I have a bit of a Clark Kent effect, when my body shape changes my face changes noticeably. Also, I hadn't been around in quite a while, so I was "fresh" again, with my new muscles and confidence.

And it angered me, this attention. I told myself how shallow women REALLY are, felt this proved it.

Later, at other times in my life, I've seen drunk guys dealing with rejection and talking into their beer, saying things like "You know what? To HE** with women! I'm just gonna pay attention to ME for a change!

"You know what I'm a-gonna do? I'm gonna get back in school, get the rest of my *hic* education! An' I'm gonna go to the gym, work out an' get in shape! An' I'm jus' gonna focus on my job, jus' JOB an' GYM an' MYSELF, yep...

"THEN them witches'll see what they been missin'!"

But they don't do this. Instead they go home and sleep it off. The next few days they drink, and watch **** and eat Cheetos so that their male parts turn orange. And then they're back to whining.

I've been there, done it when I was a stupid kid; and never again. You know why?

BECAUSE DURING THAT MOMENT WHEN THEY WERE SO DRUNK THEY WERE ALSO THIS *finger and thumb an eighth of an inch apart* CLOSE TO THE ANSWER!

Women and men, for all we'd like to fool ourselves, ARE geared for certain things. Some of us rise above those things OR learn other things which circumvent those things -- SOME of us (not saying I've done so on all counts). ALL of us like to tell ourselves we've done so.

If any man wants to know how to get any woman he wants (within reason, pal, get real), then the answer is:

- focus on yourself and be a success in whatever you pursue

- Stay in shape (and yes, I'm aware "round" is a shape); you don't have to be Arnold, you just have to be healthy

- have hobbies and interests which belong to YOU and make YOU happy

- be nice to people but don't be a pushover; learn to be firm yet gracious

- Learn new things every day and have a zest for life so that you don't NEED a woman -- ANY woman

And that is IT. That's ALL of it, every last bit. Because when you know yourself and you know who you are, what you want, when you go for those things and, most of all, WHEN YOU'RE HAPPY, women will fall out of the sky like rain and you WILL have the option of choosing with whom you want to share a relationship.

Don't blame the women for being who they are; some of them are wonderful and others are purest, darkest evil of the kind perpetrated only by dime-novel characters named Blackie or Pete.

Women are as individual and varied as men, with the cream rising to the top -- so swim for the top if you want the cream, don't blame the cream for not sinking to your level.

MEN will admire you for this approach, WOMEN will WANT you for this approach and you WILL be an all-around BETTER PERSON for this approach.

Sure, there are lots of mean-spirited gals along the way who will disappoint you. Scrape them off your shoe and move on rather than hanging around them and bemoaning your lot.

Evil witches? DON'T STICK AROUND. NOTHING says you have to put up with that garbage.

Using ho's? Once you find out, WALK.

Liars? Anyone can be fooled; only a fool sticks around longer than he has to. Let her go lie to someone else, what do you care?

Hurt by her heartlessness? Go find one with a heart instead of a thumping gizzard!

Even you can't promise yourself untouchable, unassailable happiness; but you CAN promise yourself to tolerate what you MUST rather than what's thrown down before you like scraps.

Get out there and live!

My only regret is that I had to learn all this the hard way. YOU don't, I'm giving it to you now. GO!
You see THIS! ^^^^ Is the answer I was looking for, all those times of putting myself down were not getting me anywhere. Now I'm going to hit the gym the next possible time and start on cardio and aerobic exercises! (I only have to lose 50 pounds, not so hard) I'm not going to be Ahnuld I'm going to be a fitter me! I'm going to get happy again, I'm going to get back to my old hobbies and I will continue my current ones. No more ho-hums from here one out!

*whispering* If you do it, they will come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships