Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 PM

2,317 posts, read 2,551,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Thanks. I did, I explained. I just feel bad if he feels hurt. The messed up thing is that he told me that his feelings wouldn't be hurt, but then he immediately went online with al that "Where are the real females," talk. I'm like, "What? WTF?"
Just FYI, that particular little game he played, these comments, are part of a trend of men who follow what is called "The Pick Up Artist" 's lessons about how to pick up women and score...these insults are designed in particular to CAUSE you to feel bad...it's despicable, and even if that's not what he's doing....that's what he's doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 AM

377 posts, read 1,061,542 times
.........Ask him if he could manage to take a long walk off a short pier.... that you think it might do him a world of good and don't waste your time on this idiot anymore.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
Sounds like BS to me. Seriously, if I didn't drive--and I don't--someone not in the same city would be too far and out of consideration. It would not be fair to make one person do ALL the driving.

Even if both of you drove...

well, I've addressed this in a thread about how the guy is generally expected to pay for the date. I'm thinking if one person drives over an hour to see a person, then the "host" should pay for the date itself, since they're not paying as much for the gas. Just as something to think about, not that I would really have a problem paying for EVERY date. Plus, the "host" is probably picking the milieu for the date.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:55 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,567,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG!!!!!
The guy is passive aggressive and you don't need to be driving over to ANY guy's home even if he lives in your town. You want someone so interested in you that he will find a way to come to you...especially in the beginning. Please - it doesn't matter how much you enjoyed talking with this guy...SIGN OFF -- do not continue to engage him. What kind of guy makes a woman feel bad before she's even MET him or had a date with him...can you imagine how much worse you will feel if you were dating him and he did this kind of @#%$ to you every time you did or said anything he didn't like?

Please please please -- there are great guys out there...don't allow this person to make you feel bad and write him OFF...PLEASE!
I agree completely. This guy sounds like he has some issues, and I don't think the OP did anything wrong at all. He definitely doesn't sound like someone you should meet in person.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,120 times
The emotional roller coaster that this guy is putting you own is a true indication that you are not ready for a relationship. Emotional you are damaged. Plus you have abandonment issues. As soon as the guy told you to get on, then you found yourself holding on. Not the fact that you want to proove that you was a good girl but that you was good enough for him. This guy plays these games all the time. he knows woman like you. he knows if anybody gives him the time and day that they are fools. he know that. my brother was a pimp and this is how he talk to his hoes, especially the girls who didn't have great fathers in their lives or if they did have great fathers, they were to blind to see it. he is to much for you. being that inwardly you dn't like to feel powerless, abandon or what have, this relationship will not be good for you until you set standard in your life. right now you don't have high ones. when you set your standard of respect higher even this cat can't measure up, nothing he says or do will affect you. he's to powerful right now for you. becuz he know that not caring about you staying or leaving will make you stay... you said he say if you feel i'm not worth it...blah blah blah...and then in the another breath he says, no other woman has...it sound like a contradition. he says one thing but does another. i don't think you should trust yourself to hear what ppl mean by what they say. i think you got to pay more attention to what they do...being that you are emotionally stimulate easily. i say this because you need to be protected from the wolves that are in sheep clothing n this guy is a wolf that is ready to devour you. he can becuz you fell for the oky-doke. stay out of your emotions. yu can trust them until they heal...don't make a decision with your brokeness, heal and then choose a man base on your healing...okay....mymyadvice...peace girl...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships