Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,129 times

Advertisements

In nature males advertise by being more colorful then females.

Why don't these guys do the same and wait for the women to pick them up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Ron, are you serious??
Good men are all taken already… what is left? Mentally disturbed, sex maniacs, egocentrics, hypochondriacs, old bachelors with bad habits, widows still grieving, parasites, guys who want a wife like their mother, rotten spoiled brats and losers.

Feel free do add some more…

Old 01-23-2010, 02:22 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Ladies of CD and lurker ladies of CD,

Stop with this nonsense of waiting on a man to approach you. It makes no sense whatsoever.

If you want a new job, what do you do? You look for it.

When you want to try a new restaurant, what do you do? You look for one.

When you're in need of a nice pair of shoes, what do you do? You look for them.

When you're looking for travel deals, what do you do? You get online and look for them.

But when it comes to having a good man in your life, you wait until he appears and approaches you. Does that make sense? If you want a good man in your life do what you've been doing with everything else.......go looking.

Don't give me that crap about not wanting to appear desperate. If you lost your job, would you say, " I'm' not going to look for a new one because I do not want to appear desperate? " of course not.

Lord knows you better not say "oh, I'm just to old fashioned to do that "...........YEAH RIGHT! Your grandmother may have been old fashioned BUT YOU ARE NOT. I don't care how good it sounds coming out of you mouth.

Stop with the nonsense and go look for a man and approach a guy you think fits what you're looking for.

Many of you women that WANT to be in a relationship are single because you're waiting on him and not looking for and approaching him.

I'm finished with my rant for tonight.
First off, my grandmother did approach my grandfather first. This was a very long time ago BTW! That is ridiculous that women think that the man should do everything. We should go about it in a 50/50 fashion. I am doing this right now and it is working out great. So you say the man has no b**** if he doesn't make the first move? Some of us have b****s with brains. Only the dumb ones can't take a hint or relentlessly hit on you unwelcome. Then you get creeped out about that and complain also! There is a happy medium and it IMO, is the way of the future. The days of the knight pursuing his lady to no end with no success are over. Get used to it ladies. Why do you think so many of us over 30 are still single? Off my rant. Now once again a tune that goes with my post!LOL....... I have one for everything!LOL...... I know a lot of songs, to say the least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMFMf9cN64U

Old 01-23-2010, 02:49 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Ron, are you serious??
Good men are all taken already… what is left? Mentally disturbed, sex maniacs, egocentrics, hypochondriacs, old bachelors with bad habits, widows still grieving, parasites, guys who want a wife like their mother, rotten spoiled brats and losers.

Not true at all. Some of us are finding a woman like our sister and mother! It can be done. I'm glad I want a woman who thinks I am a loser because I love my mother, sister and grandmother RIP. I just am more selective who I choose.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 AM

174 posts, read 374,136 times
Quote:
Ron, are you serious??

You've got some very accurate and realistic information there. And from my observation, females act like bi-polar, childish, nagging mother-hen complainers. Some of us older bachelors with bad habits prefer the company of the feline and the satisfaction from downloading materials. 'Fess up and admit that both sexes produce their share of crap.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 AM

88 posts, read 302,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
A good man is a man who knows what he wants and goes for it.

Not one who is waiting for the woman to come on the white horse and sweep him off his feet.
True. Good men I've met in my life know what they want and go for it.

Yet these same good men also appreciate women who are independent, assertive, proactive, charismatic, and take initiatives.

These good men are self-assured, confident enough to let go of their masculine pride and let a great catch come sweep him off his feet. They are usually pleasantly surprised that this woman isn't afraid to go against the social norm. I have no problem approaching men and have never had a guy being weirded out or saying, "no, no. I always go for what I want--you messed up my routine!! Now I can't even talk to you because I didn't get a chance to go for you. Au revoir."

Actually a lot of men prefer it, or even, enjoy it, because girls who take initiatives are less common. Once I saw a hottie and I decided to chat him up and a few minutes into our conversation he invited me to go "grab a bite together," and after a few dates he said he noticed me immediately (I had no idea he saw me) and thought I was stunning, so I jokingly teased him about why didn't HE start the conversation. He said, "well I assumed that girls like you get approached all the time, so you are probably tired of strangers approaching you in public." I've heard that comments a few times, mostly from GOOD MEN, who tell me that it's "refreshing" because most women wait to be wooed instead of taking initiatives.

It comes down to evolutionary biology. Women who aren't afraid of acting against the social norm (in this case: guys pursue & women wait) stand out from the herd. It indicates a more acute mind. It indicates that they have taken care of their issues and have overcome insecurities. It indicates that instead of letting "expectations" run their lives, they live in the moment and also "go for what they want." It often indicates a more courageous and fun spirit. It indicates that they are more alpha. Men are looking for the best genetic material for his offspring (the ultimate purpose of men's desire for sex). So it all makes sense.

Also...It takes two to tango. Two dancer start dancing TOGETHER at THE SAME TIME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadley831 View Post
The question is how do you tell if the man is good, before you go git 'em? I've been mistaken about that a few times...
The answer is you don't. You can't.

You go out and get to know them--as people, not as potential soul mates you want to live happily ever after with.

You hang with a few different guys firstly as casual dates, then through the interactions you will get a feeling of who suits you. Really there's no "good men" or "bad men." It's just a man who suits you the most and there are no right or wrongs. It's about finding a man whose reality matches your reality. Sometimes you meet guys who just don't suit you (like how you've been mistaken), so you move on, until you meet someone who you think kinda suits you.
Then you start dating him more frequently--NOT GET ENGAGED (or dive into a committed relationship and get puppies together), which is what many people do--while keeping your options open (women are also shopping for the best genetic materials). Then the more time you spend with each other the more certain you will be and also the more certain he will be. And then you become exclusive.
That's how I found my good man. I didn't care if he was the "right guy" for the first few months, I only cared about getting to know him as a person and cared about making sure both of us are having a blast when we hang out. And that, after months, was how I found out that he's an amazing man.

Very often many women get "serious" too quickly, which fxcks with their heads and they get all weird and create drama, which blinds them from seeing a guy clearly and leads to emotional, irrational actions.

Last edited by reneici; 01-23-2010 at 04:09 AM..

Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 AM

694 posts, read 1,233,129 times
Articulate response, reneici.

However, my experience is that men who complain of women not taking the initiative are the ones who are not willing to put their neck on the line and risk anything in order to explore a romantic interest.

Based on boys magazines, guys' talk, sex professionals, etc. these men entertain a view of women as mostly sex toys or service providers.

Thus they have antagonistic feelings and unrealistic expectations of women while really unable to relate to women as just feminine gender human beings.

Otherwise why would anyone choose to air such discontent with the gender on a public forum?

Just like men, women are individuals with diverse patterns of behavior, needs and desires and not similarly acting units in a herd.

Just get out of your head, Ron, and approach a woman with the same interest and consideration given to any other human being and let nature run its course, so to speak.

Last edited by learningCA; 01-23-2010 at 04:58 AM..

Old 01-23-2010, 06:15 AM

302 posts, read 607,814 times
Not ALL the good men are taken....there's still some out there!!!

Hey, and what's wrong with a man that's a sex maniac?!?!?! Perhaps that's just what many of us need.

Personally, I would much rather have a man that was really into sex, then one that wasn't!!! It's good for my ego....

Quote:
Ron, are you serious??

Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 AM

88 posts, read 302,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
Hey, and what's wrong with a man that's a sex maniac?!?!?! Perhaps that's just what many of us need.
ME!!!!! I love sex maniacs!!! I'm nympho.

That's all I'll say for now. I've already had two posts deleted cuz they were too x-rated for this forum. hahaha.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:34 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneici View Post
me!!!!! i love sex maniacs!!! I'm nympho. :d

that's all i'll say for now. i've already had two posts deleted cuz they were too x-rated for this forum. Hahaha.
lol lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships