Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does a guy ruin his chances by being a bad dancer?
Yes 3 9.09%
No 30 90.91%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
However my friends keep telling me that the dancefloor is the ****...
Otherwise, I wouldn't take what your friends say at full face value...

1. They know you don't like to dance, so perhaps some of them could be just trying to get you to learn how to dance.
2. They know that you don't like to dance, so they torture you with tales of how great being on the dance floor is for meeting girls.

So what percentage of your friends are in a relationship? Have you seen firsthand their successes with meeting and then dating any of the girls they ask to dance at these clubs?

And not every girl that goes to a dance club goes to dance. Especially if the dance floor is really crowded. If you see a girl you like, you can still walk up to her to make small talk and if things go well, buy her a drink or go outside to get a slice a pizza and chat some more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Who cares how he dances? Why get caught up in all these trivial things?

Personality and character trumps everything.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:18 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
I'd like to hear from Twinkle, since she is a dancer.

TT where are you?

Old 01-23-2010, 12:36 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
I'm a horrible dancer and it's never adversely affected my chances of getting a girl. In fact, the humor of it has probably helped in some cases.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
I can attest that knowing how to dance is, bar-none, the absolute best way to meet women...hands down, no questions about it

40 women on the floor and 5 guys. Do the math...

I think I read somewhere that the most attractive style is moderately flashy but highly technical. Seems to be true...

I've traveled to many places and picked up on all kinds of styles, from hip-hop, to country, to jam, rock and formal. I kind of just morphed them all together to form my very own wicked style I am constantly asked how I learned what, where I learned what, who taught me, etc.

LOL...I just respond YouTube I might see something I like then I'd go home and research it. I'd find a video of it, review it, review it again, slow it down, watch again and again. I don't have a big mirror so I would (and still do) watch myself in the reflection of my tv until I got the moves down right. Over the years, you kinda just get the feel down, make your own stuff up, and don't really have to think about anything.

And the most outgoing confident women are on the dance floor...

Old 01-23-2010, 02:19 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,717,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Btw, you could always take dance lessons, if you wanted to. It is a nice skill to have, and very sexy!
This could be just me, the the sexiest thing about a good dancer is his confidence/assertiveness. He doesn't have to be doing fancy footwork or really anything that's technically "right", but if he exudes confidence, has a good hold on you, and can lead you around the floor then it can be a big turn-on. Move to the music, do a few twirls, and that's probably good enough for many women (let's face it, most of them aren't professional ballroom dancers).

It may depend on where you are, but there are also several bars around here that do things like salsa night, where the first hour or so is group instruction and then the rest of the night is dancing. Since most people come without partners it's a good way to meet people and learn to dance with other dancing newbies.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:32 PM

559 posts, read 651,259 times
Quote:
Ladies: Does a guy blow his chances with being a bad dancer?
No. Not with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I'm a horrible dancer and it's never adversely affected my chances of getting a girl. In fact, the humor of it has probably helped in some cases.
Ha ha! I laugh because I would probably be the woman most attracted to the horrible dancer.

It takes guts to go out there, and dance when you can't, and I like, and admire that in a person.

So what if you look goofy, or whatever, you're having a good time, and shouldn't care what other people think...

Old 01-23-2010, 02:35 PM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
Quote:
Too old to not know how to dance, 20
That's wrong. I am 28 and started going to latin dance lessons a year ago. Now I'm a better dancer than most men

Old 01-23-2010, 02:50 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post

So what if you look goofy, or whatever, you're having a good time, and shouldn't care what other people think...
You damn right! I do try to act a bit more awkward and stupid than I would otherwise be though.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:13 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,507 times
I don't care what kind of dancer he is....I cannot dance myself.

I can try after I am wasted, but I am sure I am terrible at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships