Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does a guy ruin his chances by being a bad dancer?
Yes 3 9.09%
No 30 90.91%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 PM

530 posts, read 779,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
I give points for effort, whether he's good or not, especially if he's mainly dancing because I want to. Actually, if he's really bad and can still have fun with it, it shows that he doesn't take himself too seriously.

completely agree! Have fun if you are already worrying like this at 20 you are going to get an ulcer before you are even old enough to drink at these clubs! Just relax, laugh and enjoy yourself! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 05:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I look like a circus animal on the dance floor. I remember a few years back when I was moving from Denver to Phoenix and my coworkers threw me a party at a local club. There was a woman who was doing one of those DJ things and was a good dancer as well. Some of my friends set up this situation towards the end of the evening so that this woman got me out on the dance floor with all of my friends watching and got me to do all of these weird dance moves. Then they formed this line of people with me at the front and I had to lead the pack as everyone except myself grabbed the waist of the person in front of them and meander all over the dance floor and bar area. Thankfully I was already intoxicated and there is no video evidence of this event to the best of my knowledge.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:53 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
If you keep playing the beta-male "nice guy" who worries about crap like this, you'll continue scoring mediocre(at best) sex coupled with online girls telling you how you sound "very sweet."

Bust out a move that would make hammer feel shame, grind on a few sluts to raise the bar, and act like a man.

Of course, you won't take my advice. As such, the amended response:

Yes, friendly, cuddly guy, women think a man who swerves good on the floor will swerve good in bed, and vise-versa. You should be highly nervous about this and take dancing courses. Also, make sure to open doors for her, give her a rose, and above all, tell her she's a very splendid gal whom you'd love to kiss one day when the time is right and she feels "ready."
Who says he's seeking great sex, or even sex at all? And I don't really equate "acting like a man" with "grinding on a few sluts at the bar".

Some people need to grow up. I assume you were a male who wrote this; you need to leave adolescence behind and be a man.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
No, it wouldn't matter. I expect the guys I date to be bad dancers, and I'm not really into dancing myself.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:50 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
"Dancing: the vertical expression of a horizontal desire legalized by music." - George Bernard Shaw.

If you are terrible take some lessons. Be willing to learn. It sounds like fun and should lead to more fun.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:25 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Who cares how he dances? Why get caught up in all these trivial things?

Personality and character trumps everything.
It does matter in a crowded dance club where the music is so loud, it's difficult to have a decent conversation with anyone. So how one dances and moves is one way to communicate self confidence and skills. And in a dance club, given a choice between a guy that dances well and a goofy awkward dancer, most women will choose to dance with the good dancer. Women are attracted to men that are confident and who feel good about themselves. The O.P. admits that he can't dance and he feels uncomfortable on the dance floor. It'd be different if he didn't care about his lack of dancing skills.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I don't care if he can't dance. But I can and I am usually on the floor.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:32 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It does matter in a crowded dance club where the music is so loud, it's difficult to have a decent conversation with anyone. So how one dances and moves is one way to communicate self confidence and skills. And in a dance club, given a choice between a guy that dances well and a goofy awkward dancer, most women will choose to dance with the good dancer. Women are attracted to men that are confident and who feel good about themselves. The O.P. admits that he can't dance and he feels uncomfortable on the dance floor. It'd be different if he didn't care about his lack of dancing skills.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
That was disgusting. Was there really a need for it?..lol...freaken nut.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
I don't really care since I don't know how to dance either. If he's terrible ok cool that makes 2 terrible dancers... IMAO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships