Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does a guy ruin his chances by being a bad dancer?
Yes 3 9.09%
No 30 90.91%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:03 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That was disgusting. Was there really a need for it?..lol...freaken nut.
Yeah, I didn't like the comment quoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 12:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Yeah, I didn't like the comment quoted.
lol-I think that was a given.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:43 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
I think he would?LMAO.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw

Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
I'd like an answer both for if you meet the guy for the first time on the dancefloor and he is fairly good looking and for if you've already met him a couple of times...

If you've met and gotten together in a relationship with a guy before noticing he was a bad dancer where did you meet?

And yes I'm a terrible dancer and I'm tall enough for everyone to notice me and see it across the entire dancefloor...
Whether first meeting/seeing him on the dance floor or if I knew him already, his inability to dance wouldn't be a deal breaker for me at all. Wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:09 AM

557 posts, read 1,352,915 times
Not a great dancer, not a bad dancer ( maybe I underrate myself, hopefully)

But from a distance, women tend to be as bad as men at dancing.

I wouldn't worry about it!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:41 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Too old to not know how to dance, 20
Wow you are making me feel old..I graduated in 92 and you were still learning to talk.lol.

If someone puts in the effort, I don't fault them for it. Someone that refuses to take their girl out on the dance floor even for a slow one, that just shows me they are more worried about what other people think than what she does.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:09 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Wow you are making me feel old..I graduated in 92 and you were still learning to talk.lol.

If someone puts in the effort, I don't fault them for it. Someone that refuses to take their girl out on the dance floor even for a slow one, that just shows me they are more worried about what other people think than what she does.
That would require me to have one to bring out on the dancefloor to begin with... which is basicly the problem from the beginning...
It's not like I'd give a fXck if I had someone and she didn't care...

Someone mensioned "grinding on a few~" and someone that I might not be looking for sex at all...
Thing is I'm looking for anything between a kiss, getting laid and a relationship... just well... Something as opposed to the current nothing...
...And according to just about everyone the dancefloor seems to be the place to begin with...especially since im not much of a conversationist...

Another problem is that people always ask me "why do you look so angry" Thing is I look the same "angry" way wether I'm enjoying myself or not... so who finds bad, angrylooking dancers sexy? anyone? no probably not...

Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Another problem is that people always ask me "why do you look so angry" Thing is I look the same "angry" way whether I'm enjoying myself or not... so who finds bad, angrylooking dancers sexy? anyone? no probably not...
Maybe that's the first thing you could work on. People used to say that to me as well, and one thing I learned is that if you're smiling, it's hard to look angry. You face and your eyes provide a lot of insight to how you actually feel inside, a lot more so than the words you say. I have a lot of sadness because of what I've been through the past few years with my marriage, but I'm working on being happy. I also didn't realize until recently how much my stress was showing on my face, and no I don't mean wrinkles..lol. I mean that I've had strangers asking me if I have family around to help out with the kids.

You look angry because you are. Read your posts, you're pretty peeved. And yes, I would dance with you. Angry looking guys don't scare me.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:37 PM

819 posts, read 1,591,789 times
I'm an absolute awful dancer. But, I do get asked and I always say, I'm not a good dancer, so why don't you ask someone else. Most guys (and they are generally older) will insist. Best line I ever had used was, I did not ask you if you could dance, but did you want to dance. (My sisters and I go away a couple of weekends a year to Myrtle Beach where the shag is all most people are doing. I love to watch great dancers together.)

My advice would be, just go, have a great time, if someone catches your eye, ask them to dance - maybe ever say I'm not great, but I've seen you dancing and thought you might could give me some hints, or something like that. My women love people to be honest and upfront with them.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:51 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Maybe that's the first thing you could work on. People used to say that to me as well, and one thing I learned is that if you're smiling, it's hard to look angry. You face and your eyes provide a lot of insight to how you actually feel inside, a lot more so than the words you say. I have a lot of sadness because of what I've been through the past few years with my marriage, but I'm working on being happy. I also didn't realize until recently how much my stress was showing on my face, and no I don't mean wrinkles..lol. I mean that I've had strangers asking me if I have family around to help out with the kids.

You look angry because you are. Read your posts, you're pretty peeved. And yes, I would dance with you. Angry looking guys don't scare me.
I like this advice, I need to smile alot more myself, I went through alot in High school and only one person ever asked me what was wrong was at the end of my Junior year, boy she helped out alot, she helped me smile alittle more. I'll just need time.

I should also mention, I can only slowdance, other than that I flop at dancing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships