Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does a guy ruin his chances by being a bad dancer?
Yes 3 9.09%
No 30 90.91%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:12 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,831 times

Advertisements

I'd like an answer both for if you meet the guy for the first time on the dancefloor and he is fairly good looking and for if you've already met him a couple of times...

If you've met and gotten together in a relationship with a guy before noticing he was a bad dancer where did you meet?

And yes I'm a terrible dancer and I'm tall enough for everyone to notice me and see it across the entire dancefloor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 08:14 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,503 times
I am honestly a terrible dancer.

I have never ever had women judge me on that. If they had, then that is their loss and I probably dodged a fierce bullet anyway.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:16 AM

768 posts, read 942,631 times
If you keep playing the beta-male "nice guy" who worries about crap like this, you'll continue scoring mediocre(at best) sex coupled with online girls telling you how you sound "very sweet."

Bust out a move that would make hammer feel shame, grind on a few sluts to raise the bar, and act like a man.

Of course, you won't take my advice. As such, the amended response:

Yes, friendly, cuddly guy, women think a man who swerves good on the floor will swerve good in bed, and vise-versa. You should be highly nervous about this and take dancing courses. Also, make sure to open doors for her, give her a rose, and above all, tell her she's a very splendid gal whom you'd love to kiss one day when the time is right and she feels "ready."

Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
It depends... if you are a really bad dancer, just stay out of the dance clubs for trying to meet women or for first dates. Give a woman a chance to really like you before letting her know what a bad dancer you are.

If you are at a dance club and dance badly in front of her and her friends, it is really unlikely that she's going to want to date you... unless you have other great talents to balance out your lack of dancing skills.

Also, if a woman really enjoys dancing, naturally she will want a boyfriend that is a good or passable dancer. If she doesn't care about going out dancing, then it won't matter if you can't dance.

Now if all of your friends like to go to dance clubs, save up your money and take some dancing classes in secret. Everyone has the potential to be a decent dancer, or at least dance well enough not to be embarrassing to be with.

To sum it up... being a bad dancer will only be a negative to any woman who loves to go out dancing. But being a good dancer is always a plus. So it's worth it to learn instead of feeling awkward on the dance floor for the rest of your life. Plus you will need some dancing skills for when you get married and have that first dance as a married couple.

BTW how old are you?

Old 01-23-2010, 08:29 AM

Too old to not know how to dance, 20

Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
There are just so many things that are more important than dancing well in the world of relationships. Most women I know are just happy to have a man that is willing to dance with them and as long as it isn't embarassingly bad, i.e. a man making a spectacle of himself, they're willing to go with it.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:38 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
It's funny because I love a man that knows how to dance, but if he can't dance, it's cool, we just won't be able to dance together.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:41 AM

I'll worry about the relationship part when I get there...
The the thing is I avoid dancefloors since I know and feel that it's not my arena...
However my friends keep telling me that the dancefloor is the ****...
And I just don't get what I'm gonna accomplish except for making a fool out of myself when I'm there...

Old 01-23-2010, 08:46 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Nah, of course not.

IMO most guys are pretty bad dancers anyways, even the ones who think they are good. Especially the ones who think they are good maybe

Old 01-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
i dont know how to dance and dont like dancing. so i go places other then dance clubs

occasionally a female friend will make me dance at a bar. i suck at it but as long as im laughing and smiling no one really cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships