Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:07 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,955,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
zz4guy wrote:

solytaire wrote:

I'm new to the Relationships Forum but I get the impression that these two guys are probably neighbors in the same trailer park who have formed a tag team to see who can best express the philosophy of Joe Six Pack the most effectively. So far I'd say it's a tie.

No no!...Im winning..he isnt as trashy as I!!

Old 01-23-2010, 05:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,389,215 times
Quote:
zz4guy wrote:

solytaire wrote:

I'm new to the Relationships Forum but I get the impression that these two guys are probably neighbors in the same trailer park who have formed a tag team to see who can best express the philosophy of Joe Six Pack the most effectively. So far I'd say it's a tie.

For a newbie you are very astute my friend

Old 01-23-2010, 05:09 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,864,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
bas·tard (bstrd)
n.
1. A child born out of wedlock.
2. Something that is of irregular, inferior, or dubious origin.
3. Slang A person, especially one who is held to be mean or disagreeable.

Does reality offend you?
But, I was under the impression this entire post was started about single mom's? There was never anything stated about babies born out of wedlock. There are a whole bunch of phenomenal divorced mom's who are single because of unforseen circumstances. Like they married someone who physically or verbally abused them and/or their children, he was a gambler/cheater/drinker, etc. Why do you assume all single Mom's have no "baby Daddy"? My ex husband (I was married when our children were concieved) is a big part of our children's lives, we are much better parents "not married", and we agree 99.9% of the time on things pertaining to the kids. Shame on you for your utter ignorance.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:11 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,864,301 times
Quote:
zz4guy wrote:

solytaire wrote:

Montana, that's why I love your posts! I have been skipping our regular forums, it's gotten much too tedious lately!

Old 01-23-2010, 05:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,837,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
EVERY child has a father - conception is impossible without the male contribution.
And try to determine who the actual father is in many cases!

I hate to have to say it again but women must protect themselves.

Getting the state to pay welfare and squeeze child support out of a deadbeat is no substitute for taking charge of her own future. Unfortunately, society has made single motherhood and easy option for many while the real alternatives that worked in the past are ignored.

Now we have an epidemic of this and the men who will accept the role of cleaning it up are getting thinner every year.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:47 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,786,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I knew this girl had a child but I did not know what kind of parent she was, I think coming to her house was a good idea because I realized how much of a pushover she really is, basically a bad parent.

I really liked her little boy BUT even if I was willing to take the stepfather role, it would be way too stressful, arguing over her bad parenting, lack of common sense, consistency, etc.

She basically had a child with an illegal Mexican and the kid's Dad was deported to Mexico. And you were right, when I came to her house, I was expecting to get some but I think she was a bit ashamed of the fact that the kid probably sleeps with her, so she asked me to leave. I can't believe someone would allow a 3 year old child to be up until 12 am.

I wish it was only the fact that she has a kid BUT, there are several other red flags, NO THANKS!
I agreed with your first post. Now, this is crazy talk!! Sounds like you're upset, because you couldn't get any. You thinking junior was going to be in the bed. But, he's up drinking coffee. Keep your hands off my mother, jack!! High five to junior!! Now, the poor lady is a ***** and a bad parent. WOW!

Old 01-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You sir, are no gentlemen.
Gentlemen let their step kids stay up all night. Ask any step kid if you want to know for sure.

Only the a$$holes force them to go to bed by midnight!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:05 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,157,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Sorry about being insensitive but I lately I have come across a few broads who expect a man like me, 32, single, no children to basically put a hold on his personal life and be a Dad to their children while Dad is nowhere to be found.

Why in the HELL would anybody sign up for something like this? I guess, unless you are desperate or have no self respect, I don't see a logical reason to do this.

I met a girl a few weeks ago and after I came to her house for the first time, she was all like "Well, we have to make a decision now, can you handle me and my son?" I was like, honey, I barely know you, and how the **** do you expect me to make a decision?

Some crazy women out there!
The fact she didn't wait that long to introduce you to the kid says volumes about her mental state. Nobody should be meeting someone else's kids until after things have gotten serious. Just a few weeks in though? Nope. She's crazy and is probably looking to land a provider asap. I've been in the OP's shoes before, several times, and now I just steer clear of single moms unless it's just sex. More often than not they were looking for someone to take care of them. From what I've seen happen to friends & friends of friends who get caught up with women like that, they usually end up sitting on their ass after they get hitched refusing to work. Bait & switch to the extreme.

While I'm on the subject I suggest reading these:

Why Your Wife’s Excuses for Not Working Are Lame « A Shrink for Men

Quote:
When you met your wife was she passionate about her work? Did she tell she wanted a family and a career? Was it exciting and interesting to talk with her about your individual and mutual goals?

Then, you had a child. She was just going to take a little time off until he or she was ready for daycare. Now, your child or children are enrolled in school full-time and your wife still hasn’t returned to the work force. All of the financial responsibility is on your shoulders and you’re wondering, “What happened to the fiercely independent career woman I married?”

The Real Reason Your Wife Doesn’t Want to Work « A Shrink for Men

Quote:
You’ve used logic, reason, ultimatums, bargaining and begging to no avail. Your wife still won’t go back to work even though the kids are in school full-time. You may ask yourself why she spent time and money on an education only to disempower herself by becoming financially dependent upon you. It’s a valid question.
If should go without saying that if you're a wife and you work that these don't apply.

/threadjack

Old 01-23-2010, 06:21 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,107,288 times
when its not your kid, you have no say over what the kid does so you're always back burner to the Mom. Why in the world get strung up in a situation like that? I'd rather be single.

But oh I guess us guys are supposed to make exceptions for those women out there who decided to open their legs. Whatever.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
please, are you really this thick? We spare the feelings of the innocent, the infirm, the vulnerable - LIKE CHILDREN. No one is saying we can't call a deadbeat dad a deadbeat dad.
Gee, they are both very young and have sex.

She gets pregnant and has a kid that she keeps - her own decision ENTIRELY. This sets her up with welfare, child support, a home in the low rental subsidized area, help from family and donations of things like furniture from charities. Poor dear, its not like Donald Trump could have provided. I guess that's why many parents let her stay at home.

He's slapped with a CS order that ensures that further education beyond HS is now an impossibility. He sleeps on someone's couch and works 3 part time minimum wage jobs. Much of his income and all his discretionary income goes to her.

If he gives up and flees the jurisdiction he's a deadbeat dad. She's a "victim" and gets treated like her predicament was no less predictable than the earthquake in Haiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships