Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,428,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Seriously.

CD Relationships forum has to be one of the coolest forums of all the CD forums.

There are lots of good folks on this forum. I know some of you are curious about each other. Don't tell me you're not.

Also, if you decide to get together, that does not mean you have to tell the entire forum about it.

I'll be honest, there are a few ladies on CD that I think are most certainly worth the time of day, some are older some are younger.

Before you start with the replies. The above remark is not an invitation to start giving me advice. I know what to do and nor am I scared to approach any lady on CD.

Also, if I was turned down, that would not bother me neither. I'd still post here and be friends with the person that turned me down.

There are more than enough single folks on the forum that are just flat out good people. You guys should really consider it and not use this place as a "time waster" while on your lunch break,etc...

This is called social networking for a reason. Because we like CD does not mean we don't have a life or are losers. We just enjoy the company of our CD friends. Nothing wrong with that.

Rance is a great example. Many of you old times know Rance.

You should consider it. I'm serious about this.

What do you have to lose?

Ron
Ron, I hear ya - and I think this is just as good a way to meet someone these days as any But as someone else said, on the relationships board people are from all over the country, even the world, so getting together with each other would be a lot harder. Though as Rance proved, not impossible!

On my local NC forum many of us HAVE actually gotten to be friends. Nobody is dating, lol, because most all are married already, but we do get together and have a relationship outside of City-Data, which is really nice. In fact, I met one of my best friends here 3 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 11:45 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,332,873 times
There are a few guys on this forum that interest me enough that I'd definitely go on a date with them. IF THEY WERE IN SAN ANTONIO!

Not one of my CD "crushes" lives anywhere close to me and I will NOT get into another long distance relationship. I've been in four, yes FOUR relationships where my boyfriend was a plane ride away. The distance may not have been the ultimate reason those relationships failed, but most of those relationships dragged on for months and months, when they would have been over in a much shorter period of time if we'd lived in the same town. All being in a LD relationship did for me was waste time that could have been spent looking for Mr. Right locally.

I will NOT waste my time EVER again on a long distance relationship. I'm also not willing to move for anyone I'm not married to. So, for me to move for a man, he'd have to start out dating me here where I live, then marry me, and then we can discuss moving together if his career is taking him away from here.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:13 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,514,673 times
Quote:
Seriously.

CD Relationships forum has to be one of the coolest forums of all the CD forums.

There are lots of good folks on this forum. I know some of you are curious about each other. Don't tell me you're not.

Also, if you decide to get together, that does not mean you have to tell the entire forum about it.

I'll be honest, there are a few ladies on CD that I think are most certainly worth the time of day, some are older some are younger.

Before you start with the replies. The above remark is not an invitation to start giving me advice. I know what to do and nor am I scared to approach any lady on CD.

Also, if I was turned down, that would not bother me neither. I'd still post here and be friends with the person that turned me down.

There are more than enough single folks on the forum that are just flat out good people. You guys should really consider it and not use this place as a "time waster" while on your lunch break,etc...

This is called social networking for a reason. Because we like CD does not mean we don't have a life or are losers. We just enjoy the company of our CD friends. Nothing wrong with that.

Rance is a great example. Many of you old times know Rance.

You should consider it. I'm serious about this.

What do you have to lose?

Ron
Is this a subliminal suggestion that you and I hook up? I don't know that you could handle me, big boy.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM

37,478 posts, read 45,733,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
There are a few guys on this forum that interest me enough that I'd definitely go on a date with them. IF THEY WERE IN SAN ANTONIO!
Yeah I feel the same way...they need to be in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Well, I think one big factor is the distance. We're from all over the globe!
Exactly.

Quote:
I'd be open to a LD relationship, you better believe it.
That's just not for me. I know some people can do it, though, and it works great, so I'm not knocking it. It just wouldn't work for me.

Thankfully though, I am as happy as a pig in mud with my current squeeze.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:32 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,007,340 times
Who says we're not hooking up? Seriously.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:38 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,145,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Good point, you're 100% correct.

Ron

Old 01-23-2010, 12:39 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,514,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
That's interesting to hear.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:42 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,162,996 times
Quote:
Why don't some of you CD members "hook up" ? Seriously.
I have two responses:

1. Yes, geography is usually an issue.

2. What makes you think it isn't already happening?

One of the things that I find perplexing about some people is their apparent inability to keep a secret. The key to keeping a secret is NOT TELLING ANYONE ANYTHING. That includes posting things anonymously at CD. Don't ask, don't tell. But mostly: don't tell.

Discretion, old boy. Discretion.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:44 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,455,051 times
I'm technically "hooked up" with a C-D member but she doesn't post very much and we knew each other before there was a C-D. But we were halfway across the country from each other at that point, so one can't dismiss the idea out of hand.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,606,564 times
I thought the story about Rance was so romantic!

So, I guess it could happen for others...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships