Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
It does have to do with it...

Father does not want child= bad..

Mother does not want child she rids herself from it = OK

How is it not related?
As I stated in my post that you quoted, nobody is arguing otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
It does have to do with it...

Father does not want child= bad..

Mother does not want child she rids herself from it = bad

How is it not related?
There, I fixed your post for you.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
NO I WOULD NOT BE OK WITH IT....

But I'm also not OK with the double standard...
But YOU are justifying this man's choice because of the double standard.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But YOU are justifying this man's choice because of the double standard.
I'm not trying to justify anyone...I'm just saying that I don't understand why there is this double standard.

To me there is nothing more important than the children we bring into this world.

And I did say that I think that the dad will end up seeing his child...

Old 01-26-2010, 08:56 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I won't ever have that problem. I'll induce a miscarriage if I have to...but no woman I'm with will deliver my child.
I was going to respond to this but I thought better of it. Not to mention by the time I got finished, I would surely be banned from this forum. Let's just say that I hope no woman ever finds you deserving of having sex with her thus doing the world a favor.

Quote:
Let me see if I understand this, a woman gets an abortion it's her right that she did not want the child, a man does not want to see the child he did not want and he is wrong..

Is there a double standard in there some where?????????

Sounds to me as you ladies want it both ways!!!!!!!!
No one here is saying a woman should use abortion as a form of birth control NOR is anyone advocating shuning a child because a man didn't want to be a father so I don't get what you are saying about a double standard. If men know they can be put in these predicaments, then why have unprotected sex? Risks are known going in and does not give them the right to ignore a child which did not ask to be brought into this world. If he isn't man enough to step up and be a father outside of just writing a check each month, he should have kept his d*** in his pants! The world has enough problems without 2 minutes of unprotected pleasure adding to it.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Nobody is really an innocent party here, except the child of course.

She stopped taking birth control without telling him. That's the equivalent of saying, "I want this baby, dammit, and I don't care what you want."

At the same time, even with birth control, it's entirely possible to get pregnant. After all, some simple over-the-counter medications can negate the effectiveness of birth control. Pretty much any adult knows that and understands that pregnancy is possible even with the most conscientious couples.

So it's his baby. Unless she had rendered him unconscious and taken his sperm and artificially inseminated herself, he was a voluntary participant up to a point. That means he's on the hook for the child support payments.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
I won't ever have that problem. I'll induce a miscarriage if I have to...but no woman I'm with will deliver my child.
Ya know...first I read on another board how you strangled your dog to death w/ your bare hands, now this.

You scare me.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Seriously. So what are you going to do? Punch her in the stomach? Poison her? You realize how creepy that post sounds.

Hey, if you don't want a kid, that's perfectly fine. But if that's the case, don't have sex. Or, if you're really serious, man up and get a vasectomy and then wear a condom. It takes about fifteen minutes and doesn't hurt much at all.

But threatening physical violence or physical harm is something entirely different.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:19 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,719 times
I think
1. If he so was against having children he should have used protection himself. Protection can fail so backup should be used.
2. He is a jerk for having nothing to do with the child. He can want nothing to do with the mother and have his opinions regarding that. But this is his child, who is innocent in all this, and i am disgusted that he is punishing his son for his own and the mothers actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Background Story my husband and I were just discussing about a friend of ours:

35 yr old Professional Male dating a professional woman of the same age for 6+ months. Even though they were exclusive, he clearly stated that he was not interested yet in marriage or kids, but expected to marry and have kids one day. She made it clear that she was ready for both.

She was on birth control when they started dating, but apparently stopped after a few months without letting know him know. She got pregnant, didn't want to end the pregnancy because she was ready for a child and was afraid to abort and lose the opportunity because of her age.

He left her, she won child support which he pays religiously, but he refuses to have anything to do her or their son.

One year later he met a different woman, they dated for a year, got married and just had a baby girl- he absolutely adores his little girl and is an amazing father.

IMO, I think the first woman tried to trap him and/or get pregnant regardless. She is a conniving b*tch in my book and doesn't deserve him.

On the other hand, if he knew he wasn't ready for kids, why would he or any guy for that matter, put such great faith in a girl they date to be solely responsible for not getting pregnant? Why didn't he protect himself? So although not the same, I feel he is somewhat culpable and needs to bear that responsibility, which he does by paying child support.

But what about this poor little boy? - I just feel so bad for him. Is it that easy for a man to completely live as if that child didn't exist outside of being a financial responsibility? This is a man who is a loving father to his new baby girl .

Would you guys be able cut off all ties to a child of yours? Maybe I'm being naive, I know deadbeats do this all the time, but I guess I'm asking those men that value family & children.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
For the life of me I cannot imagine how someone can not love their own child regardless of the circumstances. How he can take out his bitterness on his own son is beyond me, he sounds like a cold, selfish, heartless ass. I understand this women duped him, but you don't take it out on your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships