Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 AM

6,547 posts, read 7,265,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Depends on the city. In orange county, for example, any date totaling over $177 is automatic and enforced by county law.
lol

I just find it interesting how some women here have said that it is prohibited for a guy to dare himself take them to a fast food restaurant, he won't get any sex if he doesn't spend enough money (legal prostitution), first date has to be a more upscale place, etc. Hey, everybody has their preferences I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 AM

19,638 posts, read 20,130,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
My Gosh, if you dare took me to Chipotle on my first date I would dump you like yesterday's garbage.. And, I am a man!!

I don't care if you are Kim Kardaishan, in all her glory, if you take me to Chipolte's we're finished!

Personally, I think the way to win a person's heart would be to take them to a decent quality, but not overpriced, family-run Mexican restaurant. Yeah, you have to pay a few dollars more, but they actually serve their Maragaritas in real glass .. OOOH.. WOW.. I know, spectacular.. And, the food is usually a much higher quality and fresher than the slop that sits under the infrared lights in vats at Chipoltes..

Anyway, this is my advice.. I am very picky when it comes to good Mexican food.. Many women would be left in the dirt for failing to live up to my rigorous expectations of this sensational cuisine

This was my line of thinking as well. There are so many Mexican restaurants with much better food + alcohol + atmosphere.

...and NOT Moe's either!

Old 11-03-2011, 09:45 AM

380 posts, read 794,189 times
I love Chipotle. I would not mind at all going there on a first date. Heck I'd even go dutch

Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM

29,700 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
This was my line of thinking as well. There are so many Mexican restaurants with much better food + alcohol + atmosphere.

...and NOT Moe's either!
Exactly. A great taco truck or a family-owned restaurant? Perfect. A fast-food place commonly found in suburban shopping mall parking lots? If that's the best you can do on a first date, that doesn't bode well.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 AM

11,771 posts, read 11,986,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I wouldn't take a woman to Chipotle. Wouldn't want her to pass gas in the car on the way home and embarass herself.

Joking. In all seriousness, though, Chipotle is a tad too casual- If I were going for the "inexpensive, casual" date, I'd just ask to meet for coffee/teahouse at a nice little non-chain cafe.
I agree. As a female, I'm not hung up on how much is spent on the meal but rather the atmosphere of our destination. A quiet coffee house would be much preferable to McDonald's. (Don't know what Chipotle is).

Funny enough but my current SO and I have never had that official first date in a public place. We met through friends and the first night we were together without friends, he came over to my place for dinner. It's very rare that we spend money eating out anyway, such a waste. Would rather order in a pizza and enjoy each other's company and not have to consider our attire or the atmosphere, lineups, wait times, other patrons at all.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,983,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree. As a female, I'm not hung up on how much is spent on the meal but rather the atmosphere of our destination. A quiet coffee house would be much preferable to McDonald's. (Don't know what Chipotle is).

Funny enough but my current SO and I have never had that official first date in a public place. We met through friends and the first night we were together without friends, he came over to my place for dinner. It's very rare that we spend money eating out anyway, such a waste. Would rather order in a pizza and enjoy each other's company and not have to consider our attire or the atmosphere, lineups, wait times, other patrons at all.
Nothing beats hanging out. I do it all the time.

And I know rumour has it that adults don't hang out, but that's just fine and dandy with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Oh, and there is nothing sexier than a man with gas, especially in bed.
.....Sarcasm?

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 11-03-2011 at 11:36 AM..

Old 11-03-2011, 11:04 AM

116 posts, read 153,269 times
Nope. It's not about the money, it's WAY too messy and has kind of a cafeteria/noisy atmosphere, and it's very hard to find a free table at the one near me. A picnic in the park would be much better than Chipotle, and would cost the same or less.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:08 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,040,661 times
I would never take a woman to a chain restaurant for a first date.

Unless it was Mortons or Ruth's Chris.

Then again, if I was 19, I probably would.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:09 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
My Gosh, if you dare took me to Chipotle on my first date I would dump you like yesterday's garbage.. And, I am a man!!

I don't care if you are Kim Kardaishan, in all her glory, if you take me to Chipolte's we're finished!

Personally, I think the way to win a person's heart would be to take them to a decent quality, but not overpriced, family-run Mexican restaurant. Yeah, you have to pay a few dollars more, but they actually serve their Maragaritas in real glass .. OOOH.. WOW.. I know, spectacular.. And, the food is usually a much higher quality and fresher than the slop that sits under the infrared lights in vats at Chipoltes..

Anyway, this is my advice.. I am very picky when it comes to good Mexican food.. Many women would be left in the dirt for failing to live up to my rigorous expectations of this sensational cuisine
Aint much good "authentic" Mexican around here that one can get to without a car

Old 11-04-2011, 05:54 AM

941 posts, read 1,799,975 times
It would be a nice date if you bought it "TO GO".. and had a quiet place to bring the food and the date.. maybe a beach, or a park with picnic table...
top of a scenic overlook.. then that would be impressive and thoughtful.
It would say you were really thinking about that date, and you were kind of deep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships