Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:26 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay&Tee View Post
Why is it so hard for men to be honest in the initial meet and greet?
Depends on the context.

A generally dishonest single man is rewarded for his skills at deception, and has every incentive to keep his intentions under wrap, and keep bedding women under the guise of a "relationship" that he has no interest in actually pursuing.

A generally honest single man sometimes finds it hard to compete with all the players, decievers and outright liars.

Bottom line is that even under the best of intentions, men are better off keeping their mouths shut about a wide variety of topics. In other words "You want the truth?? You can't handle the truth!"

Quote:
Most men, not all, are not always honest about themselfs or their situation in the begining of the relationship, why? What is it that you think you can't tell us so early on?
to the man who is looking to "score" it is counterproductive for him to be forthright about what he wants. He has every incentive to lie and no incentive to reveal the truth.

One would think that this would drive women to be more selective in requiring men to demonstrate forthrightness and honesty, but many of them don't pick up on the scheme until they've already "given away" or lost too many things that honest men value.

Last edited by le roi; 01-26-2010 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Where are you finding your men?

It sounds to me like your man-picker could use a tune-up, oil change and lube job. Tire rotation and wheel alignment might not hurt either.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
Not all men are like that. Promise.

The first date was all hearts and flowers. There was real attraction between us. The next REAL date was all the bad stuff I could ever want to know about him. He spilled it out like a fountain and sat there waiting to be told to take a hike.

He was brutally honest about himself when he didn't have to be. Lots of what he told me, I would never have found out. He did it because he felt the attraction too and he wanted what we had to be based on truth. If we were to be going forward he wanted it all out in the open.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
If I was on a date with you I'd be perfectly honest. I can't handle you and wouldn't even want to try.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Maybe if you describe exactly what "handling" a "real woman" entails, we can help you figure it out.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Maybe if you describe exactly what "handling" a "real woman" entails, we can help you figure it out.
Yea! Me too! But like us Tennessee boys are prone to sayin "I sure wouldnt look for one in Georgia!"

Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:
Most men, not all, are not always honest about themselfs or their situation in the begining of the relationship, why? What is it that you think you can't tell us so early on? Women ( grown-ass ) women always lay all there cards on the table from the gate to let you know what you are getting into and to see if you are able to take that on. Why do most men lie and say "I can handle you"when they haven't the foggiest idea as to "how" to handle a real women. What are you men so afraid of? We already know that the women are the strongest of the pair and that we have to carry you emotionally, supportively, and lately financially. So why lie?
If you all would keep it real from the jump we would have less problems later on....... like your windows being bust out your car! That's a little jokie joke
No gender has exclusivity on honesty - People lie out of insecurity or for personal gain. Keep looking, there are honest men out there.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Not all men are like that. Promise.

The first date was all hearts and flowers. There was real attraction between us. The next REAL date was all the bad stuff I could ever want to know about him. He spilled it out like a fountain and sat there waiting to be told to take a hike.

He was brutally honest about himself when he didn't have to be. Lots of what he told me, I would never have found out. He did it because he felt the attraction too and he wanted what we had to be based on truth. If we were to be going forward he wanted it all out in the open.

Does he have a brother?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Does he have a brother?
Hey Valpo! You insinuating something?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,997 times
Default Honesty from Men in the begining of the relationship

Quote:

Most men, not all, are not always honest about themselfs or their situation in the begining of the relationship, why?
Nice guys are honest and we all know what women think of them!

For the most part, its obvious that a lot of women want the fantasy, not the facts.

Operators know this and this is their modus operandi.

If this is really important to you - and I agree that it should be - be prepared for something somewhat less than a fairy tale romance. The good thing is that it wont be followed by a nightmare marriage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships