Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was talking about the upcoming superbowl matchup and a female coworkers says in a ittitated tone-

"can yall please tae that conversation somewhere else because I'm trying to work?

But when I told her I had a date tomorrow tonight she was suddenly interested in talking and asked

"where are yall going?
"where did you meet her?
"what are you wearing"

But just a few seconds before that she was TOO BUSY-lol

Why do women always try and put an end to a conversation between two men talking about sports???

WHY????
Are you sure it wasn't just you that they were irritated by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 03:31 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Quote:
Why do women always try and put an end to a conversation between two men talking about sports???
Because it's about as exciting as watching paint dry and they're always so loud when they talk about it as someone else had pointed out.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:59 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
I'm a man and I can't stand it when men (or women) talk about sports either. In fact, the only thing I dislike about Autumn is that all of my coworkers suddenly are incapable of having a conversation any deeper than who's football team is going to do the best that season. My god, there has to be more to life!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,374 times
All I know is Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the league and one of the best ever, so the Jets really didn't have any real chance of beating the Colts, and I knew it would probably be the Saints vs. Colts in the Superbowl, I was kind of hoping the Vikings would win so Brett Favre could be the oldest quarterback ever in a Superbowl....maybe because he's my age I wanted him to show everyone that us oldsters still have some fight in us!! Although I think some of the calls of the Vikings/Saints game were BS (did you see that pass interference call where the guy from the Saints was several feet away from the ball and not even close to catching it? He was practically already on the ground!)....

Anyway, I'm gonna call my bookie and put $300 on the Colts with a 7 point spread....

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Sorry if you didn't like hearing me ramble on about sports, guys, I'll take my conversation elsewhere if you'd like.

Does anyone know if the Nets are officially moving to Newark and vacating the IZOD center? They suck anyway, I think last year was their worst season in years. Whatever happened to Jason Kidd? And don't even get me started on the Knicks....

Oh and the Mets brought on a new player, but I doubt he can save them from themselves. They should get an award for a) most injured MLB team, and b) most chokingest MLB team of all time.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:15 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

WHY????

The same reason men walk away when we're talking about shoes!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:15 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Are you sure it wasn't just you that they were irritated by?

LOL!! Hi Denny!!

Anyhoo TVSG, I digress.... Just because she didn't want to listen to your big yaps going on and on about the playoffs while she was trying to concentrate, doesn't mean she can't ask you a question when you mention you're going on a date. Maybe she was so astonished that she immediately became interested as people often do in rare phenomena!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:21 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
onegreatnurse wrote:
Quote:
I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Sorry if you didn't like hearing me ramble on about sports, guys, I'll take my conversation elsewhere if you'd like.
No, that's ok. In fact if you want to come over to my place to watch the SuperBowl we can get a case of beer and some snacks!
Actually when I was living in Denver a few years ago it was when the Broncos won the two Superbowls when John Elway was still there and I have to admit that I could hardly sit still in my chair during a few of those playoff games. I really got into football during those years.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 AM

9 posts, read 23,484 times
I love sports Talk..... Keeps me in tune with my teenagesrs

Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Men don't like it when women stand around and talk about sports because the subject is usually their tushies.

Old 02-05-2022, 04:53 PM

59 posts, read 44,574 times
“Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, small minds talk about people.” Classic quote. So sports will fall in the “event” category which makes us “average” talking about it. If we talk about what individual players did or didn’t do, then we’re “small” minds since we’re talking about people. The point is: talk about what you want !!! Life is short !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships