Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

Note: WHY is "s c h m u c k" edited out?
So is "c o n m a n"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:52 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
So is "c o n m a n"
Damn politically correct forum.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Anthropologically speaking, both the gold-digger and the prostitute FIT the definition of "marriage":

A contract of sexual and financial exclusivity.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:19 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Actually, most of the guys in life I've seen accuse women of being gold diggers were guys who basically were slobs without the least bit of ambition. And by that, I don't mean driven to be millionaires. I mean just motivated enough to actually go to their job everyday.

Women, practical people that they are, are genetically programmed to think in terms of raising children, having a stable environment, and not living hand to mouth. If a guy is unreliable, lazy, or just a crappy provider, smart women will steer clear. And who can blame them?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:37 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times
Gold digging is legal whereas prostitution is only legal in Nevada ( in specific areas) and other countries. Everything else is pretty similar between the two. I'll be honest though and say I've ran into more confirmed prostitutes than confirmed gold diggers.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:11 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, most of the guys in life I've seen accuse women of being gold diggers were guys who basically were slobs without the least bit of ambition. And by that, I don't mean driven to be millionaires. I mean just motivated enough to actually go to their job everyday.

Women, practical people that they are, are genetically programmed to think in terms of raising children, having a stable environment, and not living hand to mouth. If a guy is unreliable, lazy, or just a crappy provider, smart women will steer clear. And who can blame them?
Thank you. Finally, the word of reason.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post

i do not believe golddiggers are like prostitutes...i met many ,smart,beautiful women,who simply love money and luxurious things and are happy,they really are..you can not compare a cheap prostitute with something like this..come on..and come on,be honest..show me a woman,who does not like money..i am a woman and i do not believe it...all women like money in a certain way...and american women,oh my God....they love to spend..i have never seen women,who love to spend money like american women do!!!

This isn't the first time I've heard this comment about american women, I wonder how true it is?** Are there any well-traveled, international dating men who would confirm or deny this statement?

**I don't mean all American women love to spend money, I'm just curious if it's that much worse compared to other countries?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
my older brother once married a woman who maxed out his credit card shopping at the mall on shoes nonetheless

american womengotta date those latinas

Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
This isn't the first time I've heard this comment about american women, I wonder how true it is?** Are there any well-traveled, international dating men who would confirm or deny this statement?

**I don't mean all American women love to spend money, I'm just curious if it's that much worse compared to other countries?
I can deny it. Living in the Kensington area of London I received a first hand education on what the words "kept man/woman" and "sugar daddy/mama" really mean. Just walking down the street were men and women dressed to the nines for things as simple as shopping or taking the kids to school. In the spending on relationships department that place rivals anywhere in the states I have seen including New York, Miami and Washington DC

Old 01-27-2010, 08:49 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
my older brother once married a woman who maxed out his credit card shopping at the mall on shoes nonetheless
That doesn't say much...what was his credit limit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships