Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:50 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee
If it's a true gold digger then you're right, there isn't much difference, but I find it hard to believe that every man on this thread has had experience w/ a true gold digger.

TKramer for example thinks McDonalds is an acceptable place to bring a date, think he's had much experience w/ gold diggers? I think not.

That's just an excuse a lot of guys like to make when they get dumped and they happened to spend more than $100 on the girl, or if the wife gets alimony she is automatically labeled a gold digger on this board it seems.

You realize that gold-diggers come at all social levels, don't you? The real test not being the size of the prize, but that they're pursuing financial reward at a level commensurate with their own social standing and ability?

If a woman is a redneck and she marries the best redneck she can to get her beer money and trailer-lot's monthly rent taken care of and to get her snot-nosed kids some new Huggies, that's still a gold-digger.

Just not a wealthy, successful one. Not everybody who's a miner strikes the motherlode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Well from my perspective.....

If I were loaded, say worth 50 million financially or something and I knew a woman was after me mainly because of my worth financially, not my worth looks and personality wise I would have two options probably.

Lets say there are two twins, one is a gold digger looking to score a "financially secure" hubby and the other twin is a call girl that you get for $300 to $500 a hour.

Now I being the guy, I would work a situation with the call girl twin, get what I want, maybe even get to know her where we "know each other" but it would still be a "arrangement" where she gets payment as goes. Why risk loosing half or most of what I have to the gold digger looking to get married on paper so she is then "entitled"?

At least the call girl twin "works" instead of trying look for a entitlement. And why would I marry a woman who I knew that if I was worth 50 thousand instead of 50 million she wouldn't give me the time of day no matter how attractive or nice I was to her?

Which is another thing, lets say I had a twin. We both have the same personality looks and everything. One of us makes 50k a year the other 50 million a year. A woman meets my one who makes 50k a year and has no interest because of that but then meets my other clone who makes 50 million a year and she chases him. I have no respect for a woman like that. I have more respect for a hooker.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Another thing about the "gold digger" is that she doesn't expect to have to "do" anything in return. I don't have an issue with supporting a woman fully, as long as she supports me in non financial ways. By cooking, and cleaning, and running the errands.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:29 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
How much experience do you men really have with gold diggers? Most women you meet/dated? Basing it off of others' experience? TV/News?

Old 01-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Honestly, I being the guy if I met a loaded woman I would be more than willing to sign a prenup. Because I am interested in a woman who satisfies me emotionally, sexually and who I can gel with and confide in. If it didn't work out she should leave with what she had and I leave with what I had before marriage.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
How much experience do you men really have with gold diggers? Most women you meet/dated? Basing it off of others' experience? TV/News?

Mostly from TV/news. However often in personal ads a woman will list "financially secure" among her criteria, it implies what it is. I doubt she means that it means having a steady job lol! It means electricians, cable guy and auto mechanics need not respond

Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Don't you kiddos ever get tired of beating the pinata with a stick?

Old 01-27-2010, 03:50 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Mostly from TV/news. However often in personal ads a woman will list "financially secure" among her criteria, it implies what it is. I doubt she means that it means having a steady job lol! It means electricians, cable guy and auto mechanics need not respond
Financially secure means she doesn't want to be stressed out with money issues or have to support the guy. That's really not asking for much. Being financially secure is a sign of being responsible and an adult (although there are those circumstances that no one can control).

Old 01-27-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Don't you kiddos ever get tired of beating the pinata with a stick?

Now that I expressed my opinion, I'm cool. Although we could start another debate touching on what I mentioned above about what does a woman exactly mean when she puts in her personal looking for romance ad "financial secure"? What is a guy suppose to get from that?

Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Financially secure means she doesn't want to be stressed out with money issues or have to support the guy. That's really not asking for much. Being financially secure is a sign of being responsible and an adult (although there are those circumstances that no one can control).

As I was typing you were replying to the question. But, I disagree, I don't think "looking for man who is "charming" "fun" "interesting" and "financial secure" means just a steady reasonable career, to me I think it implies "way above the average income of society".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships