Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
The OP is a FEMALE. And I'm sorry but I have to agree, if Tiger Woods wasn't rich he would hold absolutely no appeal to these women, he is not a good-looking man.

As far as "golddiggers" are concerned, look at all the men in Hollywood with money and Hugh Hefner for that matter. Men with money want women who look like prostitutes. They certainly aren't after them for their brains (no offense to all you rocket scientists from The Girls Next Door show, how's that playboy mansion treatin' ya are ya'll studying astrophysics in your lingerie??? LOL!!!!)!!!!! Kelsey Grammer married a stripper. For her brains, people!!!! And she certainly wasn't after him for his money, he's just sooooo good lookin' and all, I'm sure she was independently wealthy from her strip club earnings before she met him.
What the crap.

You're seriously going to base everything off of Playboy girls?

And why do you assume that men with money want women who look like prostitutes. I'm going to guess that my "prostitutes" you mean sleazy looking? Regardless of the prostitute comment, so what if they want pretty girls? ALL men want pretty girls! Fact of life. Sure, they want other stuff too, but attractiveness isn't a dealbreaker.

And I like Kelsey Grammar. Hell, I'd go on a date with Bill Murray and he is not the greatest looking thing out there (or the youngest).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Thumbs down I must be a golddigger!

Oh, my! I have to be a golddigger. After I was divorced and before I began a social life again I decided upon some absolutes regarding any woman I might consider for a long-term relationship. Chief among was the fact that she had to be long-term employed with her own retirement program.

Guess that makes me a golddigger, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Perhaps one should ask what is the difference between the guys that screw prostitutes and the guys that screw gold diggers.
Not much, if any. They both get screwed in the end!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 01-27-2010 at 05:27 PM..

Old 01-27-2010, 05:18 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
What the crap.

ALL men want pretty girls! Fact of life.

And I like Kelsey Grammar. Hell, I'd go on a date with Bill Murray and he is not the greatest looking thing out there (or the youngest).

Wait! That is not completely true. It should be obvious by now as much as I have posted thoughts through time in threads like "voluptuous" "curvy" "thick" and the other similar threads that my tastes in women are not necessarily in step with what most society deems as universally pretty, like Miss USA or Miss universe pageant types. Although my tastes are actually more common than people seem to think...I think.

But ugh.....you would go out with Kelsey or Murray hmmm?, too bad a guitar player type who is witty, nice, and blah blah blah is a deal breaker because of long hair though.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:24 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
To me, a true definition of a gold-digger is someone who is looking to date a man for MONEY ONLY, so it's pretty similar to prostitution, accept that a prostitute doesn't fake being in love, she just fakes orgasms.

It is not the same as when a woman wants a decent date

Odd your mind went there.

Mine thought "It IS the same, if she wants a really, really nice date, at a nice place, with a hot guy who isn't afraid to spend plenty of money to show her a pampered-good time but her only investment IS her time."

Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Odd your mind went there.

Mine thought "It IS the same, if she wants a really, really nice date, at a nice place, with a hot guy who isn't afraid to spend plenty of money to show her a pampered-good time but her only investment IS her time."
If this woman doesn't like this man, doesn't want this man and just wants him to spend money on her (lots of money).
But again, it's not the same if I'm dating a guy I like and want to invest myself into him and take it to the next level and want a decent date.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:29 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Perhaps one should ask what is the difference between the guys that screw prostitutes and the guys that screw gold diggers.

Well the way I see it the guy doesn't desecrate the sanctity of marriage by marrying a woman who he knows only marries him because of wealth and status and not true love, and that he is marrying because her smoking hot body more than anything.

But instead respects what true love is and that is what marriage is for and if that isn't happening instead full fills needs in a more honest open situation, plus not risking a heavy ugly divorce.

If any guy asks himself the question that "would she want me if I wasn't filthy rich" and the answer is no than he shouldn't marry the woman. Be true to himself about the situation and if he wants hot times with a choice piece than just do the other route. At least there is friggin honesty that way.

Or, neither of the above and find true love which means a guy who is 65 realizing that a 22 year old model isn't going to be "real" and that a 50 or 60 year old woman might be.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:41 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
If this woman doesn't like this man, doesn't want this man and just wants him to spend money on her (lots of money).
But again, it's not the same if I'm dating a guy I like and want to invest myself into him and take it to the next level and want a decent date.

Given THAT criteria, then THAT wouldn't be the same thing as "a woman wanting a decent date". We've given entirely opposite scenarios, both of which still meet the parameters of the sentence.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:57 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Given THAT criteria, then THAT wouldn't be the same thing as "a woman wanting a decent date". We've given entirely opposite scenarios, both of which still meet the parameters of the sentence.
Okay, you are right. I guess I was still a little heated from the discussion that if I want a decent date in a decent restaurant and expect my man to pay, then I must be a gold-digger.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,434 times
come on people...i met many golddiggers in my life,come not from a poor familly,the opposite ..i had the chance to meet many rich people in my life thanks to it..

to tell you the truth...why you always blame the golddiggers?????do you wnat to tell me that a 50 years old rich man with a 30 young woman does not know ,what he is doing????of course the man knows!!!and he enjoys her young body and showing up with his young gf..come on..why you always blame the women????blame the men!!!!IS HE BETTER????let me tell you something..he is not better!!

i do not believe golddiggers are like prostitutes...i met many ,smart,beautiful women,who simply love money and luxurious things and are happy,they really are..you can not compare a cheap prostitute with something like this..come on..and come on,be honest..show me a woman,who does not like money..i am a woman and i do not believe it...all women like money in a certain way...and american women,oh my God....they love to spend..i have never seen women,who love to spend money like american women do!!!

MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!and in usa is ALL ABOUT money..!!!that is the truth...you have money in usa,you are somebody,you have no money,you are NOBODY!!!!!NOBODY!!!nobody helps you in this state..you lose your job,your house,your car,nobody cares..the state does not help you like in Germany for example

their is a saying in my country...if teh fox does not reach teh grapes,he says:the grapes are sour...do not make the poeple bad,who choose this life,it is their problem...the comparation is not realistic...

Old 01-27-2010, 06:07 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Now that I expressed my opinion, I'm cool. Although we could start another debate touching on what I mentioned above about what does a woman exactly mean when she puts in her personal looking for romance ad "financial secure"? What is a guy suppose to get from that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
As I was typing you were replying to the question. But, I disagree, I don't think "looking for man who is "charming" "fun" "interesting" and "financial secure" means just a steady reasonable career, to me I think it implies "way above the average income of society".
As a female, I have to disagree with you. When I think of "financially secure", I'm thinking that the guy has a stable job and isn't living paycheck to paycheck. If somebody wanted someone who earned an above average income, they would write "Financially Well Off" or possibly "Financially Comfortable".

Nobody wants to start a relationship when someone is already struggling, regardless of why that may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships