Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 05:19 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,987 times

Advertisements

A fair weather friend defined. A friend who is only a friend when circumstances are pleasant or profitable. At the first sign of trouble, these capricious, disloyal friends will drop their relationship with you.

**I have several male friends and I can't understand why a man would allow a woman to come into their lives and straight up USE them. No one knows this at first but to hear men whine about how they miss this chick/wife/relationship and the long and short of the story is........
Guy meets girl. Girl manipulates and plays guy for her own advantages. Guy showers girl with gifts/money/bill pay. Guy looses job or suffers temporary financial setback. Girl is ghost and in the wind ASAP. Guy regains fortune and works to build money to get back girl. Now a portion of my male friends leave the girl alone and never go back because they realize what they provided to her and how she didn't stick by their side when times were rough temporarily. However, the majority of guys will get played like this again and again for women who don't love them but love what they can do for them only. It's the classic scenario from that movie with Common and Queen Latifah.........Just Wright.

Someone please explain how you can continue to love and pursue someone who has shown they basically don't give a d*mn about you other than the money you give.

Last edited by hatgirl007; 10-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Had to delete posting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
A fair weather friend defined. A friend who is only a friend when circumstances are pleasant or profitable. At the first sign of trouble, these capricious, disloyal friends will drop their relationship with you.

**I have several male friends and I can't understand why a man would allow a woman to come into their lives and straight up USE them. No one knows this at first but to hear men whine about how they miss this chick/wife/relationship and the long and short of the story is........
Guy meets girl. Girl manipulates and plays guy for her own advantages. Guy showers girl with gifts/money/bill pay. Guy looses job or suffers temporary financial setback. Girl is ghost and in the wind ASAP. Guy regains fortune and works to build money to get back girl. Now a portion of my male friends leave the girl alone and never go back because they realize what they provided to her and how she didn't stick by their side when times were rough temporarily. However, the majority of guys will get played like this again and again for women who don't love them but love what they can do for them only. It's the classic scenario from that movie with Common and Queen Latifah.........Just Wright.

Someone please explain how you can continue to love and pursue someone who has shown they basically don't give a d*mn about you other than the money you give.

Why do you care? Also, not all women are like that. Are you?

Old 10-25-2010, 05:34 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,987 times
I care because I'm a decent person and this thinking and attitude seems to be so accepted in the dating world. It's confusing to me. The other reason I care is because I can sometimes be an idealist. I also have mostly male friends and sometimes they ask me for advise or whine about "lost love" and I'm like.....for real. You fell for this crap. OMG

Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,019,677 times
What you're describing has a name: "wuss".

Old 10-25-2010, 05:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post

The bolded is what I consider one of the top problems in relationships today, not from one gender or the other, but from both pretty equally. The difference lies in the 'what they can do for them'. It's different for women than for men, neither very flattering to the opposite sex. Of course, it's always the opposite sex whose deeds are less acceptable, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships