Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:52 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times

Advertisements

Cougars are yucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Cougars are yucky.
So is Ned Flanders Thump!!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Yes, but you know that there is at least one Grasshopper who likes virtual Cougars..Even when the bag of Ruffles is all gone
Excusez moi...?!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Excusez moi...?!
He just got home from "the date" lol

Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
He just got home from "the date" lol
And I would care why...?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
I'm with ya! Ever since I remember myself I like 40-45 and still do. Maybe I will turn into a cougar some day... who knows...

And I was soooooooooo hoping you had this thing for 60-65ers.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
And I would care why...?
LOL..naah, i know it doesn't matter...

Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I'm always amused by the way older women are "cougars", sleek, sexy, proud and cat-like -- mee-ROWR! -- while men are "perverts" and "dirty, old farts", aging and pathetic, trying to pretend they're younger than they are.

However, my favorite part of the so-called "Cougar phenomenon" is that even women rapidly lost the meaning of the word. I hear women as young as 26 referring to themselves as "cougars" because they're boffing a 23-year-old.

Further, with the real "cougars" in the original context of the slang, I always wonder just what they think will happen in another ten years. When a guy is that much younger, do they really think he'll stick around when her looks begin to fade? When he's reaching an age where he's coming into his own socially and financially? When he's now been around the block a few times and has seen what else is out there as all these factors come into conjunction?

I tried talking to a couple of women about this recently, older women than me, one of whom I used to sleep with on a regular basis, and no, I am NOT making this up -- their responses (entirely independent of one another) were that they were perfectly justified in seeking out these younger men for the sake of enjoying their prime years.

When I pressed for explanation they cited that bit about the differences in sexual peaks (which I know is true for men but I still find a bit dubious for women, it doesn't quite make sense biologically), and told me how they deserved (probably my favorite word in modern vernacular) the pleasures they were capable of reaping from these sexual adventures.

When I asked what about in ten years, when these boys were MEN and the cougar advantage was fading, they resented me bringing this up AND suggested that these men should demonstrate some loyalty by sticking around with women who had devoted their time to these relationships.

Now I'm not suggesting all women think this way -- but neither of these were women I consider particularly stupid, and still they couldn't see the inherent contradiction in what they were saying, let alone the likely conflict when that idealized vision should someday run brutally into a little thing I like to call "Reality".
Urban shut-it and gimme a kiss....cougar on the prowl..Meow..hissss....

Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

And I was soooooooooo hoping you had this thing for 60-65ers.
I could and do. It all depends on the individual. My upper limits are very elastic.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
I could and do. It all depends on the individual. My upper limits are very elastic.
My dog died last year. If you'd follow me home sometime I could ask my wife if I could keep you. You don't make messes on the floor or chew shoes do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships