Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:30 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Do you think two guys can love each other and not be gay?
Eros, philos, and agape.

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
My point is, i guess is that Love is love...

Love is a sentiment...it's a sentiment you have towards someone or something...
Sexual preference is a whole different issue...

Yes. A kind of love like your brother, Dad, or even a BF.

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
What the heck kind of question is that? Of course two guys can love each other and not be gay. Male family members do it all the time; male friends, too.
He's clearly talking about in-love whether he will admit it or not.

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, I thought maybe we were talking "beards." Still, why would this billionaire lesbian (because there are so many around) want to marry me? I could see being married to a woman in an alternate universe, but the OP said "assuming you're hetero." Sooo ... what's in it for Miss Moneybags? My sparkling personality? My sour cream pound cake (which is, admittedly, fantastic)? Oh, I know ... my origami skillz.
Hi, well consider how many 'loveless' hetro couples are in a marriage...

Like Tiger Woods and his wife...
There are plenty of marriages that I described in the beginning that go on all the time...

Hetrosexuals marry for shallow reasons all the time...
hetrosexuals marry for money all the time...

So why do suddenly the standards change when it becomes same sex...

Many of these guys on here would marry a billionare woman...just for the money....but yet, replace the woman with a man...and suddenly they sprout halos...

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
God damn it! How many different ways can we say no? If you're gay, you're gay. That's fine, but you aren't just going to talk straight men into becoming homo. Doesn't work that way.

LOL. This is crazy. Next up he's going to ask us if we'd be gay if he gave us Jedi Powers.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
He's clearly talking about in-love whether he will admit it or not.
That may very well be...but my answer was in a general sense

Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Hi, well consider how many 'loveless' hetro couples are in a marriage...

Like Tiger Woods and his wife...
There are plenty of marriages that I described in the beginning that go on all the time...

Hetrosexuals marry for shallow reasons all the time...
hetrosexuals marry for money all the time...

So why do suddenly the standards change when it becomes same sex...

Many of these guys on here would marry a billionare woman...just for the money....but yet, replace the woman with a man...and suddenly the sprout halos...
Now you are just making stuff up. If you feel so confident in that statement make a new thread with a public poll. I'm not dating a rich 70 year old no matter how much money she has. YUCK

Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I was wondering when someone was gonna realize they've seen it before.....perhaps in the movies..hmmmm

The only thing I can say in my defense is that I'm not the kind of guy who just assumes someone will put up a pic of someone else on their own profile -- naive as that may sound. It's just not how MY mind works, I'd not do such a thing.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
My point is, i guess is that Love is love...

Love is a sentiment...it's a sentiment you have towards someone or something...
Sexual preference is a whole different issue...

In a platonic sense, yes, two guys who are best friends can love one another without it turning into a Brokeback Mountain situation. I have a friend who I've known since childhood who I can say is like a brother to me and I love him like a brother. I don't cuddle or hold hands with him, just like I don't cuddle or hold hands with my female friends either. That is a form of intimacy.

I'm afraid Time and Space, that the seeds of your buried and not so well hidden homosexual desires, have blossomed into an overripe orchard of delusional thinking and denial. Embrace your sexuality and stop trying to kid yourself or others.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:37 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Would you settle for a dollar and a firm.............................................. ..handshake? Oh what the hell, I'm rich from all that cuddling, I'll throw you a million.
LOL....better yet, we could cuddle our spouses out of 1/2 their fortune and run off together after the divorce. Then it's back to.....well...you know......

Sound like a plan or am I being petty again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships