Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
yeah bro ask her out on a date. only way to know. just do it
Seriously!!

It's not like you have to perform a root canal.

The whole "I-don't-know-if-she-likes-me-so-what-do-I-do?" scenario is like going fishing, but not putting out any bait.

The worst she could say is no.

It happens. C'est la vie. Move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 10:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
prediction-- very soon she will walk in the room stark naked. dont jump to conclusions, yes it could be "just being friendly" but if 1/2 the stuff you say is true-- if you dont act soon,
it will be over

Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,035,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar06 View Post
Okay, so, I met this girl through a mutual friend and have known her for about 2 months. But, have hung out couple times only after Christmas break with other friends at bars/clubs.

However, every time she sees me she gives me a tight hug around and below the arms. Both of us haven't flirted with each other that much either. I sort of flirt (tease her, no touching yet) with her and she does laugh when we're talking about stuff. So, this weekend we were out a bar watching football with mutual friends. And she comes in late and sits with one of our other friends and does not even say anything. So, I see her and I go over to her and say hi and then she gives me a hug. I almost feel like when we're with other people, we can't seem to have a good conversation like when we're both by ourselves.

So, I had asked her to watch a movie about a week ago and, we finally watch it on this past Monday and she said we can watch at her place on DVD. But before the movie, we got dinner at a restaurant. During the movie, I didn't want to come on too strong so, I didn't make any moves on her during the movie. Well, I didn't feel or get a vibe from her and that's why I didn't make any moves. After the movie, we talked about random stuff for about 30-40 min. Then we hugged and I left at late. The next day, I text her with a moderately funny question about the movie and also tell her that I had fun hanging out. She also replied saying she had fun too with a smiley face. So, the same day, a group of friends (hers and mine) were going out for dinner and I went but, she didn't go because she was tired after going to the gym. But, after the dinner she texts me how it went and I reply.

So, I can't figure out if she's being friendly or does she really like me?? I like her a lot and I was thinking of asking her to go and do something over the weekend (daytime activity). I don't know how to tell her I REALLY like her? I'm worried if I tell her directly or make moves, I may ruin a potential (newly made) friendship if she doesn't like me. Can you guys please tell me if she likes me or is she just being friendly?? I REALLY don't want to mess this up!!
A: Ask her out..

B: DO NOT worry about "friendship zone"...if she gets weird when you ask her out.. her loss..follow that?.. i say this because worry about it,..you will end up in this annoying area of her view..

C:Why only a Day Time activity..?..night time, is the right time.. Unless both of you work at night.. eh<shrugs>

D: ASK HER OUT...the worst she will say is..as said by a wise younger lady,..no, then you move on.. it isn't the end of the world..and if she can't be friends because it is now too "weird".. fogetabout'er..there are plenty more opportunities out there..Just do it

Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 PM

146 posts, read 267,841 times
In my day we would have started a relationship, had sex, and gone our separate ways in the time it's taken you to think about what to do next.

Just do what comes naturally. But if this includes exposing yourself, as a previous poster has suggested, then perhaps consider doing something unnatural.

Good luck and don't over think it. 10% of reality is what happens. The other 90% is your reaction to it.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 986 times
Life is to short for the "what if's? So take a deep breath & hope for the best & remember to always be your self! Good luck!

Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
I agree with everyone suggesting that you ask her out. Do it. Now.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:25 AM

19 posts, read 23,183 times
Thanks guys for the replies! But, I did ask her to the dinner in person. The dinner wasn't a high class romantic or anything but, she was craving for this one place so we went there. And then watched a movie at her place. When I asked her in person, she's the one who said to text her to setup the time and other details. That's why I mentioned texting in my original post.

But, my problem is, I can't figure out if she's being friendly or does she like me?? Based on the information I gave?

The reason, I wanted to ask her for a daytime activity was because it was in relation to some interest that she told me about during dinner...

Old 01-28-2010, 09:40 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
So, I can't figure out if she's being friendly or does she really like me??
Signs look positive.

she reacts positively to your presence, that is what important, not what you or she "thinks."

Quote:
I like her a lot and I was thinking of asking her to go and do something over the weekend (daytime activity). I don't know how to tell her I REALLY like her? I'm worried if I tell her directly or make moves, I may ruin a potential (newly made) friendship if she doesn't like me. Can you guys please tell me if she likes me or is she just being friendly?? I REALLY don't want to mess this up!!
You don't need to say sh*t about how you feel. Just demonstrate it, make every effort to spend time with her. Go ahead and become a de-facto boyfriend by your actions, know what I mean? Keep moving as long as the light is green.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
"How do I let or tell a girl know I like her? "

I would just expose yourself to her.

Jays!!! Ok, well make sure you have on clean underpants and no comic book character ones either... LOL

Seriously though. Just ask the girl already. Just tell her you like her and ask if she feels the same. She is going to say yes or no.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
But, my problem is, I can't figure out if she's being friendly or does she like me?? Based on the information I gave?
I posted this five minutes after you started your thread, but I'll post it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Only she knows if she likes you...but it does seem like she's interested.
FYI..continuing to wonder if she does or does not like you will not get you any answers whatsoever. You need to ask her out and see how things go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships